Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:55 am Reply with quote        
Is there a way with the battle system to make the weapons actually be able to level up? maybe not all the weapons but it might be a cool little addition to have the ability to have a weapon that got stronger rather then now where we have weapons that get weak and eventually break or cant be used.

Embrace the depression
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote        
I know it's possible.. maybe later? Smile

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote        
Yay for the possibility!

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
Interesting idea. It kind of reminds me of evolving items on Gaia though.

Your strength already rises with each level, so having an item that will do so would probably do well as a donation item. And if it is made, making sure that there's some limit should be done. '~' Or making the strength, level, ect. of the weapon drop to one each time a player sells or gives it to another.

I like it though. ^_^

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
I wasnt thinking with it growing over time. . . I was thinking of it growing with experience. . . or with items like the ones we could get from mining.

Also I mean. . . all the weapons seem to be a little. . . disposable in nature. . . So something more permanent that you would have to upgrade might add a nice touch to it.

As far as trading it. . . well I guess that idea works. . . but if it retained its stats it would just have to have a way to see its stats before you traded witha user.

I do like the idea of it being a donation item type thing. cause then you could wear a spiffy weapon too.

Even if it is like the evolving item on gaia ( didnt really think it was )
why would that even matter? I mean I think Zantarni kinda did something similar before gaia did the evolving items. . . they did it were the items had levels and would change the appearance.

The fact is not much in this world is fully individual. . . So something evolving isnt stealing an idea. . . now if we went and took a ninja headband and gave it the same three positions as the one of gaia. . . well then yeah that would be crap XD

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I really like the mining idea! O: It makes me wonder what all we're going to use it for...

Ah, talking about the trading thing brings something completely off subject to mind: I wish there could be a warning when you're about to delete items. "Are you sure you want to delete 3 item(s)?" Eh heh, sorry.

Oh, I wasn't going to pull the "rip-off" card. .__. Nothing at all is truly original. If that were the case, you could say Zatarni stole evolution from Pokemon, who stole the idea from the scientist that came up with the entire idea of evolution. XD But yeah, I do realize that even if this is similar to Gaia, it's not completely the same at all.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. . . i was curious too. . . >_> but mainly cause I have seen things. . . in inventories that make me more interested. . .

Um. . . suggest it then silly. .. its a good idea to have that warning.

haha. . . well i wasnt gonna go that far. . . but yeah. . . you are right.

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote        
*hates making threads* Fine... >.>;

But this idea is great. ^_^ I really do hope to see something like it one day.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
Haha. . . well catghost seemed to like it too. . . So maybe i will look into finding out what people think of it and what thinsg would be reasonable to do with it. . .

XD

Embrace the depression