Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer Tournament 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. It's still cold here. D:

What season is it where you live?
Winter
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Spring
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Summer
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
Autumn
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

Mr Meow Meows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote        
We just went through a heat wave. I nearly died trying to buy a PS2 ON THE HOTTEST DAY Dx

See, I live about half a mile away from the bus stop, and it's SUPER hilly on the way to it. The bus was late by about 25 minuets. I went to the store, bought my PS2 and went home. On my way home, I got Heat Stroke.

After I showered to cool myself down, I tested the PS2. It was brand new looking. I set it all up, got it running. I was amazed. It worked PERFECTLY. Until I put a disk in. It couldn't read anything! DVD, Games, CD's. Nothing. So I had to bring it BACK to the store. This time, the bus was AN HOUR late because it broke down on the way to my stop. I got Heat Stroke on the way home again.

I had a headache like crazy. I took 3 aspirin and took a nap. But at least I got a fully operational PS2 XD

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
*blinks*

That really, fuckin' sucks Mr Meow. What tempertature was it? You should really bring a water bottle in the future.

On a side note i don't think i've ever gotten heat stroke, what's it feel like?

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
Mr Meow Meows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Imagine having a headache.
Now imagine it with the ability to kill you Dx
And dehydrated. And you just can't cool off Dx

It reached 110 that day. It was very still.

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
110 means nothing to me! *goes to find a conversion thing online*

Oook, that's hot. *nods* 43C is hot. Was it high humidity too? Hot weather is so much worse when the humidity is really high. D:

Allways keep a waterbottle on you, sounds like you might be more supceptable then normal. D:

Mr Meow Meows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
Nah. It wasn't Humid in the least. It was like, in between a dry heat and a humid heat. Much worse in my opinion.

Especially since I was in direct sunlight. I can take the heat, but it was circumstantial.

Celsius? Where do you live?

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote        
Heyy is in Australia. I think.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
glimpse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote        
Can you even have 110 in Celsius? Wouldn't it be like...death? Dx

It was alright today - kinda hot, kinda not. But that's because we're entering fall and it's getting to a reasonable temperature :3

I wish I was in Australia. :O

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Mr Meow Meows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote        
glimpse wrote:

It was alright today - kinda hot, kinda not. But that's because we're entering fall and it's getting to a reasonable temperature :3

Nonononono. It was 110F XD

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
Everywhere except the USA uses celsius. Useing F online means that noone except other americans understand you. xD

And i'm in australia. It's winter here currently. And we have about a week of 42C with 100% humidity every year where i am. It gets hotter in other places though. Our summer heat is 36-41C. *shrugs* Winter is the only time in the year it gets below 30. Hai

And trust me, having gone inland during summer. Dry heat is sooooo much easier to deal with then humid heat. As in i can't even compare how awful full humidity is too dry heat. :3

Water bottles are the way! And that sucks, i guess it doesn't normally get that hot there. My mother said she's had heatstroke once and that it was awful, caused by dehydration.

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
glimpse wrote:

Sure you can water boils at 100C. :3

Mr Meow Meows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
But....
Most Americans don't know the Celsius scale.
I know some of it.

I live in Washington State. It's cool year round. Rainy during every season but Summer. And we rarely get snow where I live.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
I've got cousins out in Phoenix and the high for them today is 113F/45C. I'm glad we visit them in the winter.

I got heatstroke because of heat when I went to Florida one time. I'm not sure it's possible to get dehydrated there, seeing as it's always a billion percent humidity.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
So you'd rather alienate the rest of the planet or your one country? xD

But doesn't matter, that's what online converters are for. I just don't understand the US's obsession on hanging onto old imperial scales of measurment... >__>;; I mean even their scientific community has converted allready.

That being said, i understand heights in feet and inches better then cms. But that comes from talking to too many americans online. Hai

Sweet, i lived in Elensburg for a year as a kid, when my mother went on exchange with her Uni. Happy It snowed when i was there, it was awsome. It hasn't snowed in like 100 years here. Happy

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
Weaseldale wrote:
I've got cousins out in Phoenix and the high for them today is 113F/45C. I'm glad we visit them in the winter.

I got heatstroke because of heat when I went to Florida one time. I'm not sure it's possible to get dehydrated there, seeing as it's always a billion percent humidity.

LOL, it's about ingesting water. It's a billion humidity here too. Even in winter. My mother still got it. Apparently it's about being out in full sun too long and not drinking enough water. *shrugs*

Hoooot. D: Though when i was at Mt Isa during summer afew years ago it got to 45C a number of times and it wasn't that bad because it was dry heat. But still, i pitty your cousins. D:

EDIT: If your shoes are melting as you walk down the street, or the bitumen on the roads has melted and is running down the gutters then you know it's too fuckin' hot. D:

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote        
And because I live in boring climate world, I'll tell you more about my relatives. My grandma goes to the beach during the winter because it's always in the negatives up there. When went up to their house during Christmas one year the average was like -12F/-24.5C.

That is COLD.

Quote:

LOL, it's about ingesting water. It's a billion humidity here too. Even in winter. My mother still got it. Apparently it's about being out in full sun too long and not drinking enough water. *shrugs*

I know, but I bet if the humidity got high enough someplace you wouldn't ever need to drink water because you'd just soak it up like a sponge.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next