Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
rokuken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote        
ok.. this thread will be for anyone to rant about what ever they saw or did.
(because some of us need to earn a chuck of sliver *cough.*)
rokuken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote        
Ok. I'm a Big American Dr. Who fan and Last Night I watched the first new Dr. Who episode in like a Year (or was it two..? )
Well. Well not to spoil anything. A jewel thief and the Doc hoped on a Dubble Decker that went through a worm hole and onto another planet. stuck in a giant desert. me and My dad are both wondering when the Doctor is going to be replaced because i heard the rumor that the doc was going to change his apprearce again.
heyy13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote        
See i just finished watching the two Stargate Movies. Ark of Truth and Continuum.

Ark of Truth was baaaad, as in awful. Just grade B crap. Which was kinda dissapointing but not totally unexpected. It was filled to bursting with cliche's and stupidity. It was an interesting premise but the exicution was awful. Just terrible.

Continuum on the other hand was great. I really enjoyed it and i might watch it again. Baal is both hot and awsome. Solid storyline, alittle rushed at the end but a good watch, even if not feature film quality. It just felt like an extra long episode. Happy

I'll totally miss Baal though. : ( </3 *mourns the loss of her australian eye-candy*

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
glimpse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote        
[rambling rant of worry] I just got a phone call today from a person I definitely don't want to talk to. It makes me more nervous than mad and I get scared that he might find out where I live. I'm probably blowing everything out of proportion, but I still can't help but feel uneasy.

Worst part is, I still feel a little guilty for the way I treated him in the first place...but I didn't realize how much I meant to him when we stopped talking. Still..no matter how guilty I feel, I know that I just don't want/need him back in my life - it was just too hard for us to interact together. Unnatural. And oh geez, he reminds me of yet another person. Someone that I actually do miss. Poor guy, but it's probably too late for that.

I'm so bad with people. ; ; [/rant]

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quote        
Ouch, crazy stalker type? D:

glimpse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 am Reply with quote        
Yesss ; ; But the thing is, he seems like a really good guy beneath all of the obsession and awkwardness. It's just that the things he used to do were just too bizarre, and talking to him was like pulling teeth. He's so mad right now that I've stopped talking to him, and I'm too scared to even tell him why. Duh

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
I like to think of myself as a patient person, but I'm really getting fed up with people. Well, okay, not just any people, but stupid ones.

I'm part of a firework crew, sometimes. My job there is to set up cannons, organize bombs, wire them to the firing board, and blowing them up. It's a lot of hard work, but I enjoy it. Now because we're dealing with explosives there are a lot of safety issues. Public needs to stay away from shere we are working. (Under pain of death kind of thing.)

This last July 4 festivities (I live in the U.S.of A.) were no different. This year we were to set up in a school's quad in some rich neighborhood by the sea. It's had to keep an eye on every entrance to the grounds, so we set up yellow,
DO NOT CROSS, police tape on the entrances we could not watch. Apparently these do not apply to snobby rich people. There were several families that kept trying to get in after we told them that the grounds were closed. They argued that we had no right to close areas off to the public. We told them we had every right to keep the public safe from bombs. They continued to argue. Needless to say, my patience was wearing very thin with the public.

I was seconds away from beating the snot out of a family that was attempting (For the FOURTH time) to get into the quad. Thankfully someone else got to then first. Then there was a guy that wanted to give his son a tour of the grounds. We tried to turn him away. He argued with us and asked what authority we had to forbid him to come in. He even demanded to see our superior. My brother, the one in charge of the show and therefor the superior, said he had every right to stop production and call the show off. He said he would then drag the man before the eagerly waiting crowd and tell them that this guy was the reason the show was cancled. The man left in a huff saying he would complain to someone. We said he could go right ahead. See if we have a show there next year.

Gods, I hate stupid people.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote        
Tsemara ~ I have a quote for situations like that... "Stupidity kills, but not enough to help."

@ Glimpse ~ If your that afraid of him. He's not a fucking "good guy". >: (

glimpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 am Reply with quote        
My rant of the day:

It startles me that more people enjoy learning. No, not even that - it troubles me that so many people HATE learning. I'm just wondering - is it school that they hate, or actual knowledge/facts? It seems kind of obvious - "oh they just hate school" but I've met some people who LOVE school and HATE learning. It's not that they hate the teachers or the homework/structure. They just don't like learning new things.

It's befuddlin'. That's what it is. :\

@ heyy You're right, he probably isn't. With his personality type he'd probably snap and end up hurting me after a while. Especially now that I've mad him mad. Definitely feeling less guilty now. D;

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:54 am Reply with quote        
@Tsemara OH MAI GAWD I would have snapped. You are a saint for putting up with that! @_@

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
MissFortune

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote        
Cre's Rant!

(Oh god I needed this D: )

As much as I love equality and all that Jazz, I feel that Godwin's law has come to bite me on the butt. Apparently I'm racist. Why? Because I like animé and I wasn't born a certain race or in a certain part of the world. That makes me racist. Hypocritical huh? Well let me make my point.

Lately there's been a HUGE surge of 'Anti-Westerner' propaganda from the Asian community. I know and understand that this isn't from everyone or all of the Asian community. Blimey I'm not that daft to group everyone together just because of their race or culture.

Watch this to find out what I'm talking about Video 1 and Video 2.

Oh how I love to be told I'm wrong when I'm not but they've completely overlooked the fact that, while animé is Asian, animé is based of American cartoons, notably those of Walt Disney. Asians do not "Own" cosplay or animé but humans as a whole do. And if not that then at least the respective copy rights do. Thank you very much.

Also, animé was widely influenced from WWII by the culture the Americans brought with them. Often animé characters have wide eyes. That's not because they're Asian, its because the eyes are the most expressive part of the human body- the eyes are the gateway to the soul poetically speaking. The hair colours aren't in any way natural if they're pink or blue or god knows green. Asians aren't known for having blue eyes either and some characters aren't even Asian. Germans have had a good hit from Animé in the respect that a fair amount of characters are German -ahem Full Metal Alchemist- . Theres also a lot of Brittish based characters such as in Death Note. Even the French have characters like Tamaki from Ouran High Host Club (ok he's half French half Japanese).

Not my point though- my point is that since when do you need to be a certain race to enjoy Cosplaying? It's a hobby and a damn fun one at that! To say that 'Westerners' are racist just because we want to dress up as a favourite character is appalling. And yet to say further still that Asians can do it for "Asian pride" but 'westerners' can't because it's 'racist'- That's just- ... intolerable.

Now- I'm going to stop typing and cool off for a bit.
If thinking that everyone should be allowed to role play equally whether there Asian or not is being "Racist" or "Insensitive". Then I guess I am Racist. I'd rather be racist and have everyone equal then to be proud of discriminating against others just because they weren't born the same race or culture as me even though by dressing in cosplay they're openly accepting another culture.

Blimey- the interbutts these days...
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
Ok so I am working as much as possiable thru my pregnacy at work as I can, and I am starting to notice that I am getting dizzy and short of breath more and more since I am gaining weight almost everyday now, and my tummy seems to keep expanding.

Now I am not going to be like, "Since I am pregnant I want special treatment" but I wanted to get a chair to sit down on up front for when I get dizzy, since tahts what the damned doctor TOLD me to do and they are like, "Oh you don't need one yet, your not even that pregnant!"

.... Not that pregnant? I am almost 6 months! It just irks me because, yea I can make it, I am just uncomfortable for like, 5 hours and by the time I get home, I don't wanna do anything else untill my legs and lower back stop hurting. I just feel like they are blowing this off as me being a whiner...

SO YEA... I feel better now.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
lil person34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote        

D': I'm sick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
Recently, I was told that wearing goggles on my head (not over my eyes) was "inappropriate attire for school". Now, I wouldn't have been upset with this, but there was a girl walking beside me with half of her tukus hanging out of the back of her shorts.

And nothing was said to her.

My goggles are inappropriate, but little skimpy booty shorts aren't? That irked the living daylights out of me, especially when said administrator ignored me when I pointed the fact out.

And they wonder why none of the student body respects them. Hmph.

Rinni is:

Back after super hiatus; getting reacquainted with the site
Hiroku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
*ponders* I see with my eyes . . . however I am unsure of how to rant about that.

Embrace the depression