Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions

Pink?
Bright
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Dark
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Light
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote        
    Dear Catghost,

Just wanted to give you a quick shout out. Great recolors on the new hair.

Juuuust ooooooone thing I wanted to ask you, personally, since you're the one in charge of the recolors.

Would it be possible. At all. To convince you to do some in the same bright pink that we used to have? For example, the hair that I'm currently wearing (Meaning about to change to, seeing that as of typing this, I'm still blue) was done in a time when neon pink was the hip thing to do. And see how it matches my shorts perfectly?

Well, you see, the new hair hasn't quite lived up to my very bright pink dreams. And I'd looooove to own that one with the bangs and the spikey and the awesome... But I'd really rather not buy it in a color which doesn't match me.

Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone else agree?

I would even be willing to pay you personally out of my own shallow Midorean pockets to do this for me (Kids, that's called a bribe!)

All the best!

Sincerely,
    Squid

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote        
Oh lol I wondered what that topic was going to be about when I saw the title in the forum Laugh

Yah, I think it would be nice to have at least two versions of hair for the same color, like one light purple, one darker, one light green, one darker, etc. Though, the pink hairs already exist in both light and dark, just not in neon pink anymore... Maybe it would just be easier to change the color of the shorts?

No seriously, I just think it would be nice if all the items of one color were made with the same shade of that color. Like, the red long sleeve shirt isn't the same red as the red hair or red horai pants, so they don't really mix together correctly on an avatar... Though, it would probably be a lot of work to re-color all the items, but maybe for the future...

glimpse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve wrote:
Like, the red long sleeve shirt isn't the same red as the red hair or red horai pants, so they don't really mix together correctly on an avatar...

Oh my God, I noticed that too! I was a bit sad when I realized my red hair didn't go with my magenta pants. ; ;

I'd like for a universal shade to be used, you know? But I think it'd be hard to change all the items - so maybe just for future items. Oh Mai

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Gladde

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
glimpse wrote:
Maeve wrote:
Like, the red long sleeve shirt isn't the same red as the red hair or red horai pants, so they don't really mix together correctly on an avatar...

Oh my God, I noticed that too! I was a bit sad when I realized my red hair didn't go with my magenta pants. ; ;

I'd like for a universal shade to be used, you know? But I think it'd be hard to change all the items - so maybe just for future items. Oh Mai

I have to agree with this.
A universal color for all the items (or at least some of them) would be nice to have, especially for trying to match them. Although I think, there is some of that going on for some item
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, items created at the same time were usually made in the same color shade, which means they will most likely match together quite well. The trouble happens when you try to mix items that were not released at the same time, only to realize they are not exactly the same color...

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
I agree that universal colors should be implimented. I hate having shades that don't match.

I like the neon pink better than the new pinks too, Squid. That's why I won't get anymore pink items or hairstyles. xP

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
You would actually have to ask cat as I don't have the palette that was used for that sahde. I just do the recolors with the palettes she sends me.

I've made a couple palettes one my own but I don't know if that hair has the same amount of shades as the new one. Does this make sense? o3o

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Squid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote        
    First post edited accordingly.

Chu, same here. I bought one 'pink' hair a while back, and never did since then. Nothing seems to match me anymore. Which is a shame, really.

I was hoping that it was you, LOL UR FACE, who was in control of the palette. I seem to recall bringing this up to Cat once and ... I believe she said that she didn't actually like the neon pink xD

So, I feel like my chances are rather low

:c

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the old neon pink. ^^; I did that recolor back when I was first experimenting with recolors. (that's why the old hair colors are extremely different from the new)

But this time I tried changing the darkpink's redish color, and now looks more like the neon but with peach undertones.

All future items will hopefully have recolors using the old item palettes so matching them will be easier.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Squid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
    So, just to clarify, what you're saying is that -maybe- in the future we'll have more neon pink items?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, or else I'll recolor the current neon pinks to match the current pinks better..

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Squid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote        

Well, I for one, vote for option one xD

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with option one. I think squid my explode if you got rid of neon pink.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.