Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Nikki

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote        

Talk about RUDE.

Yazoo said, and I quote:
    Quote:
    Eh, I drew the eyes with paint shop pro because I can't pixel xD
    And when working that small I need a bigger screen then paint can supply xD

The images are just an example of what she wants to see, not what she wants thrown into the system. She's just giving at least a rough visual of what can be done. Someone who's a pixelist can work on it from there. At least they can get a rough idea of what she's talking about rather then just trying to guess from text.

Now, I suggest you hop off the rude train and at the very least apologize. Just because you're staff doesn't give you any right to belittle or be rude to other members.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, what Yazoo said about my eyes was quite rude as well. But that doesn't mean I agree with what Heyy said either, and honestly it's just a matter of personal opinion in the end. (...but people are more inclined to listen to feedback when it's done politely)

I don't want this to turn into some more e-drama, that's the last thing we need right now. I suggest we turn this around and start talking about how we can improve the current eyes and create new and better ones instead of belittling other people's work.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Nikki

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote        

I'm sorry, but when it comes to a staff member being blatantly rude, it really pisses me off. As a staff member they should be professional and provide to be an example to the users of a site. No matter what their position in staff is - whether they're the head hancho or someone that everyone doesn't even knew existed.

Yazoo, not being a pixelist and trying to provide an example, then for someone who knows how to pixel being flat out rude to her instead of providing examples to imitate what Yazoo made. It just pushes my buttons to no end.

At the very least Yazoo was polite about saying she disliked the way the eyes were. && Instead of just saying she hated them and how fugly they were, she tried to put in input to improve.

@Yazoo; Since you're better at digital drawing (I'm guessing? Your signature tells me so, unless you didn't draw that XD), try drawing out an example that isn't in pixels. Might get your point/image across a little better. I'll do my best to show an example of eyes I wouldn't mind having - but my drawing skills aren't as good as yours at least lol.

OH IDEA. I have a pixelist friend.. Maybe I can get her to do a small something for me. X3

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
I do think we need a greater variety of eyes, but I have to say the larger ones look strange on the bases. The ones I'm using I think are a very nice size, but they're the only ones. :/

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
Yazoo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote        
@ Catghost

Eh? Which one did you make then?

@ heyy13

The elemental ones look best from all the eyes as far as I've seen because they're a "blob" of color, so to say. That tends to look better then normal ones with black lines, white, pupils, irises, etc.

And they're not edits, just visual examples. I'm not a pixel artist. *shrug*
In fact, I've never pixelled so what do you expect?

Nikki
Yeah, signature is made by moi =p
Digital examples might be better indeed, yeah, though in that you always have a lot more options then on a small base which is why I didn't do it.

O.O Get her to do a small something for you~ What kind of eyes wouldn't you mind having~?

kaishi
I think the ones I have are an okay size -though smaller then I prefer- but they just look really bland and the variation is missing ^^;

But I've heard several people say more variation in the eyes is needed so that sounds good :3

IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote        
I think bigger eyes would be good ^^ not because I wish for anime style, but sometimes eyes complete an avatars look :3 like... I love the thin small but bright eyes and once they looked good on me, but when I changed my avi they "got lost on my face" so to speak :3 they didn't match the look, and the rest of the eyes looked out of place (that's why I'm using the elemental eyes). Bigger bright/detailed eyes might've suited, but I cn't say that for sure. I think that, if no better idea is suggested, there should be a "closed eyes" option. Closed eyes are closed eyes, no matter if the style is anime or normal. They'd look ok, without looking as freaky as a "no eyes" option :3 I'm not saying a "no eye" option is bad... it's just a bit creepy. And that's my two bits on the matter Bouncy Heart

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
glimpse

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote        
I love the 'no eyes' possibility personally, and want to use it for one of my MADs Happy

I think there's a style/type of eye out there that will make EVERYONE happy. And once we make that type of eye available, then it'll be AWESOME.

Unfortunately, I have no clue what those eyes would look like.

Time for a poll? xD

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
I approve of Yazoo! Thank you for putting examples of what you meant other then just saying you didn't like something.

I am not saying that we will use your eyes. Mainly cause I in no way have that authority. But i know that if we can see the ideas and exampled of suggestions it makes things much easier for the staff. I personally like and sympathize with your suggestion. However my solution has always been using the eyepatch. XD

Personally I am fine with the eyes though mainly cause I know more of the work that has gone into this site. . . so I avoid complaining. . . XD

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
glimpse wrote:
I love the 'no eyes' possibility personally, and want to use it for one of my MADs Happy

I think there's a style/type of eye out there that will make EVERYONE happy. And once we make that type of eye available, then it'll be AWESOME.

Unfortunately, I have no clue what those eyes would look like.

Time for a poll? xD

It is an item though, and is available on MAD. People keep ignoring them because they're sold in the magic shop.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Why did we put it in the magic shop? I mean. . . there are really no other equitable items on there are there?

Maybe we need to shout it from the roof tops. . . or some of the mods need to run around eyeless for some time?

Embrace the depression
ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
I would like better eyes as well.
Maybe like mine.
Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote        
Like yours Ninja ja? well. . . we already have none existent eyes. . . >_> since you have nothing in your signature and no avatar thats all I can assume is that you mean eyes that are no eyes. XD

Embrace the depression
glimpse

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Oh no no no, Chu! I knew! xD

I meant that I liked that the option of buying them was available [I'm currently storing up silver to buy them]. I initially saw them on MAD and fell in love with them Bouncy Heart

I think it's alright in the magic shop, because, well you know. MAGIC DISAPPEARING EYES! Happy I just can't imagine them being in the snips salon or the closet boutique.

But if some mods did run around here eyeless, it'd certainly get them some limelight (:

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote        
Hiroku wrote:
Like yours Ninja ja? well. . . we already have none existent eyes. . . >_> since you have nothing in your signature and no avatar thats all I can assume is that you mean eyes that are no eyes. XD
i mean the eyes I have pixeled
Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Well there is the item suggestion thread if you wanna post them. I mean. . . I dont think that anyone can agree or disagree with your eyes being good or not without being able to see them Kind sir.

I like to believe that the staff is happy accepting feedback and suggestions so if you would like to show us your eyes. Please do?

Embrace the depression