Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2  Next
OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
Okay, so I'm starting a thread for video game chat. I saw one once before, but it seems that all Midoreans are easily distracted.

"I like video games"
"yeah they're cool, I like Mario."
"I bought a Mario Costume for halloween once!"
"Oh my god I bet you looked so cute!"
"Oh I did, you should have seen me :3 I love Halloween"
"Yeah dress-up is fun!"

You know the drill Midoreans! Y'all just post for silver and not to talk sometimes! :P Not that I want to discourage anyone from talking in here, cause I get bored when I attempt to be on Midorea, so... please feel free to say hi, lol... just don't sidetrack any on-topic conversations if there happen to be any.

So I'm making a video game thread... for gamers! To actually talk about games! Mostly because I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone in this budding community is actually into video games... and because I need inspiration for things to write about in my gaming blog, and because I am a serious gamer and have a real passion for the entire gaming industry which I like to share with others.

So... are you a gamer? Do you play on a daily basis? Do you follow the industry at all? What are your favorite kind of games to play? I want to know these things.. and I want to discuss them! :P

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Ah, my work here is done.
OMG MY FACE

Reserved for just in case.

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

OMG MY FACE

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote        

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

OMG MY FACE

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

OMG MY FACE

You can go ahead and post now if ya want :P

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Personally, I have currently been on a first-person shooter binge, which Kalin can attest (and detest!) to. She doesn't like watching me play shooters 'cause its just not her thing. She'd much rather see me sit down in front of an RPG for hours than listen to me die over and over again =p

So I played through Call of Duty 4 a few times, beat it on Veteran, and have currently moved on to Call of Duty 2 since I haven't played it since it came out. World War II is my favorite era for war games, and it always has been. Not sure if I know exactly why, but it's always been true. I've been thinking about cracking into The Orange Box next, but that's a massive undertaking that requires a whole lot of dedication. I have trouble getting all the way through any Half-Life title without getting distracted by other games midway...

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Nikki

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote        

I'm a retired gamer right now. I don't have money to fuel my gaming wants, nor do I have the proper gaming machines. (Except my computer. Alienware bebe). I used to be pretty hardcore into games, testing the waters whenever possible. Not pirating games I could never afford. -ahem-

Once I move out, I'm going to get back into World of Warcrack. Err. Warcraft. That is, IF Monster Hunter Frontier hasn't made it to America by then. My boyfriend and I are going to buy 2 xBox360's so we can play online games together. Then eventually 2 PS2's and PS3's.. if we're able to live after our massive gaming debt - who knows what else we'll do! :'D

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
There's no point in buying the PS2 if you're going to get the PS3 anyway... that'd be like buying a Gamecube and a Wii...

I always refused to get into World of Warcraft... It's just not distinctly better enough from other Massively Multiplayer Roleplaying Games to justify the high cost. Especially when you can get a game like Guild Wars which is free for your entire lifetime after you purchase the game. The only justification for a monthly charge is when the game is free to download. There's no reason to charge, not even for server maintenence, when you release your game in-stores. It's ludicrous that people are willing to play such a bland game that you can get the same experience from anywhere else.

Hell, even zOMG! is just as fun as World of Warcraft and it's COMPLETELY free without even a download! It plays in your freakin' browser! Way to go, Gaia Online. Seriously, kudos.

As for having a gaming PC, I drifted back to consoles after my extended stint at the desk. Wishing I hadn't though, because The Sims 3 has me drooling every time I think about it, and I'm worried as to whether or not my laptop will be able to handle it (if I can even get it fixed in time...). Then again, it handled Spore just fine, so I think I'll be alright.

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Nikki

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote        

We don't know which we're going to get, a PS2 or a PS3. We're getting a PS2 for sure - since there are quite a few games that are for the PS2 that we want. Not to mention it doesn't cost a fortune to buy.

I've played Guild Wars, quite frankly - it sucks. At least I think so. The graphics are unappealing and the community is worse then World of Warcraft. At least I could get someone to simply talk to me and invite me to a group on WoW, much unlike Guild Wars. Even being a female player they wouldn't give me a chance. I honestly don't care I have to pay to play. It's quality is a lot better then quite a few other games I've played.
    Think about it like buying food. You pay 1/2 the price on some unknown generic brand just to save money. You go to eat it and it's disgusting and you throw it away. You get what you pay for.

I've never played zOMG. Never will. I absolutely hate Gaia. :> Plus, I have shitallite internet. It can barely handle opening web pages.

My brother is stoked about Sims 3, I just oogle at all the awesome looking graphics. I'm downloading it once I move that's for damned sure.

Ew, Spore? I didn't like that game. It got so boring after the.. Tribal stage I think? Then again, mine was pirated so I couldn't experience the online play so I guess I don't know the the full experience. I did thoroughly enjoy creating them from Start to Tribal. X3;;

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
I agree, I stopped liking Spore as much once it went to RTS. Once I got to the space stage I was totally over it. Kalin liked the Space stage though, so to each their own, i suppose. The expansion is supposed to make the Space Stage a little more fun, from what I've seen, so I might be a bit curious about that.

The only problem that I had with Guild Wars was that it FORCED you to work in groups to advance in the storyline, which is bullsh*t because I can't be arsed to stand around and ask 12 year olds if they want to be in a party just for them to quit in the middle because their mom wants them to do their homework -_- But overall I enjoyed it very much, especially in the early parts... so I guess I disagree with you on that point =p

And once again, I say that it's pointless to get a Playstation 2. The Playstation 3 works just like the PS2, except it adds the Blu-Ray player (which is honestly the only reason that I got mine) and doesn't need expensive accessories like memory cards and third-party crappy/frustrating wireless controllers. The Playstation 3 actually does one thing better than the Wii (which I hate to admit because I'm a Nintendo Fan all my life), which is that it creates a virtual memory card for any Playstation 2 games rather than making you buy and plug in last-generation memory cards, which are expensiveish, harder to find these days, and aesthetically unpleasing to the eye.

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Nikki

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote        

I couldn't understand the space stage, even if it was written out. I think after I made my space craft, I was at a loss. There's an expansion for Spore coming out already? It's not even a year old yet, ne?

At least on WoW, Horde side PvP, there were adults who didn't have to bail every 20 seconds. And being I was a priest, getting a tank or DPS was never an issue. XD So I never had problems with that. Just problems getting into a decent guild without complete douchebags. (I was kicked out of my friends guild cause my priest found a REAL endgame guild and I kept my mage with them. They wanted my priest or nothing of me. >_> Even though I made all the raids I could.)

Getting a PS2 isn't exactly pointless when you're a young couple just starting off your life. With absolutely no outside help from parents. Especially with one being undereducated (myself - I'm a high school drop out) and with little to no work experience. It saves quite a bit of money, then when we can actually afford a PS3 we can just trade it in.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote        
I'm a gamer!
Though work and all leaves me no time anymore to play every day, unfortunately ._.

I'm mostly into RP games and I'm completely in love with the Final Fantasy games [and merchandise] :3
Also, I'm still an avid Pokémon gamer *shifty eyes* I DON'T CARE THAT I'M 19! LEAVE ME AND MY POKÉMON ALONE, DAMNIT!!! >.<;;;;

Yeah, people look at me weirdly when I tell them I still play Pokémon, but not too long ago I had a conversation with someone about the game and he was like, in his 30's which was funny xD
So was the person dressed up as Pikachu at a national holliday here, I laughed my ass off.

But yeah!
Back to Final Fantasy! ^^;

I mostly like the games because both the storylines and the graphics are, in one word, awesome. I like how they did that many games with all those different characters and plotlines and that it's still all called "Final Fantasy" though the games have like... nothing in common, though no one questions it and just adores it the way it is.
My favorite would be Final Fantasy 7, though that's the same for most Final Fantasy gamers. Sephiroth is just something else, what with his nature and his past. I think Final Fantasy 7 has the most interesting characters out of all the games, even though the new games have better graphics.

Nikki

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote        

Hey now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an adult and loving Pokemon, no matter what age you are. I'm 18 and my boyfriend is turning 20 in 2 months and we both still play the Pokemon games. =P

I've only played one Final Fantasy game, I think it was 8 - with Squall? On mt bothers Playstation a long ass time ago. Except him and my God brother didn't know how to take care of anything so the game was so badly scratched up that the game froze on the first boss. D:

I have watched Final Fantasy Advent Children though!.. If that counts for anything. XD;;

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote        
@ Nikki

It counts! *points at avatar name and signature* I counts badly xD

Yea, Squall is in Final Fantasy 8. He's also in another game, Dissidia if I remember correctly, where he actually has a voice *le gasp!*

And... That sucks. Majorly. I hope you got a refund v.v;;;

And I know age doesn't matter xD
Me and my friends, most of them older then me, still play them together xDDD
Like in the underground of diamond and pearl; we'd work together to get more ground covered because if you were next to eachother you'd hit both your own and the other's wall which was just... neat.
Was fun to play hide and seek too XD