Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
This thread is to contain all my characters, to find snippets of their stories look here.

You may post in this thread. I am not looking for ideas about the characters, but comments and critiques are fine. So is commenting here about the story snippets, for these OCs only, found in my other thread.

January 1, 2010:
Updating this to fix image links, and add new characters. Bear with me while I add characters since I'm going on memory alone.

Links I don't want to lose:
--Extended signature Feel free to post here. First post is an art dump post for things I have made and want C+C on and or to show off. The rest of the thread is to show off sig things and talk about arts.
--Yane`s ramblings Please do not post in the thread, it is for my use only. If you have C+C then quote the post, but post it in this thread.
--Quest Pretty much abandoned, but I will still keep the thread to record donations and gifts in.
--Siggy shop Currently closed while I work on things.
--Buying & selling thread To be recycled when there are things I want to buy and or sell.
--Teh mule`s hangout Through my mule, for mules.

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote        
Code:
[b]Character Name: [/b]
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Race: [/b]
[b]Home: [/b]
[b]Job: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Weight: [/b]
[b]Hair Color: [/b]
[b]Eye Color: [/b]
[b]Skin Tone: [/b]
[b]Horn Color: [/b]
[b]Wing Color: [/b]
[b]Clothing Style: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Likes: [/b]
[b]Dislikes: [/b]
[b]Natural Abilities: [/b]
[b]Magic Abilities: [/b]
[b]Other Abilities: [/b]
[b]Weapons: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]History: [/b]
[b]Mate/Love Interest: [/b]
[b]Children: [/b]
[b]Family: [/b]
[b]Friends: [/b]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
[[this post contains the version of Yaneci used for official [and any spin off continuations of] Mido event RPs]]

Lets go to the beach

Username: Yaneci DeNovi
Character Name: Yaneci DeNovi
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Bio:
-At the age of 10 she was abducted by her father.
-He implanted a fire demon in Yaneci, wanting to make her a weapon.
-Yaneci was - still is - too strong willed for the demon, and in turn used his powers - and still does - to set herself free.
-She wandered for years, eventually coming to Midorea.
-She lives on a small farm on the outskirts of town.
Image/Description: both are by heyy13
Both images are of her, in the current day tense, the darker one is when she draws on the fire demon's power for a longer period of time. She has that scar no matter what form she's in, but often uses make-up to cover it. Her clothes also vary, sometimes she wears the gowns, other times she'll wear a dress that reflects the same look as her gowns, even rarer she'll wear denim shorts and a t-shirt.
Personality: She's a weird blend of shyness and social butterfly, apt to jump into conversations then go completely silent. Sometimes she can be a space case, her mind frequently wanders off of it's own accord.
Other: She has access, not unlimited, to the fire demon's powers. As in, she can control flames and is much more resistant to heat then most Elves.
Will you be staying at the lodge? Yes
Room 12

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Luria Vel [[Currently going by the alias Saria.]]
Race: Shar`Lon [[see under bio]]
Height: 4 feet
Home: The Horde Lands
RP Threads: ---
Appearance: [[by LadyNatalus on GaiaOnline]]
by heyy13 [[needs the horn because I phail at details]]

with Jesmyn && with Cissan
Personality: Usually quiet, sometimes to the point of rudeness, she normally only speaks if spoken to. Though once you get to know her she can be chatty. Luria is very random, apt to say strange things sometimes, she's also liable to wander off into her mind, not seeing or hearing anything or anyone around her for minutes or hours at a time. Mostly she has a calm temper, but if you do manage to piss her off be ready for her to start chucking random items at you.
Abilities: Random basic magic/spells, summoning [[Small fire and water elementals are easiest. Bigger/stronger/not her elements creatures cause tons of strain.]], self healing [[Minor wounds mostly, larger wounds drain her so she rarely does more healing on them then starting the process.]], berserker [[Only when enraged and or in mortal danger. She really tries not to go berserk, it could be fatal under the wrong circumstances.]], other large magics she almost never uses due to strain/depleting her energy rapidly.
Weapons: Hooves, venomous fangs, and anything she can throw, especially if it is pointy
Familiars: Cissan, a fire elemental, Jesmyn a water elemental
Bio: As a child Luria had it all, the love of her parents, everything she ever wanted, friends, and most important a twin sister. That all went away when they turned 7. Unknown to anyone both girls were genetic throwbacks to the Shar, a race of extremely powerful summoners and mages. So when the twins summoned a fully grown dragon, with out even intending too, they were proclaimed outcasts. If not for the dragon they'd summoned they likely would have died. However he took them into his horde, raising them as his adopted children. They spent the remainder of their childhood in the Dragon King's palace in the Horde Lands.
One hundred years ago the Horde Lands were attacked by a powerful race of demons. Luria, her twin and the strongest mages, known as Dream Weavers, stopped the invasion by destroying the demons. The spells used exacted a great cost however, many of the mages died or went insane from the after shocks of power. Luria nearly died, and her full strength, physically and mentally, was never recovered. Even now using more then just her most basic spells leaves her drained, sometimes for weeks. Her twin, and several of their closest friends, were killed by the spells used.
Now, Luria use world gates, places where one may travel between worlds and dimensions, to travel between her home and where ever the next gate takes her.
Shar`Lon: Shar`Lon is a race of magic users who's parent races are the Shar and the Lon. The Shar were extremely powerful summoners and mages. There are no longer any traces of the Shar race, a mysterious illness wiped them out long ago. The Lon are a race of hoofed creatures with an intricate caste system based on fur patterns and color, horns and weather a person is two legged [[like a Faun or Satyr]] or four legged [[like a Centaur]]. The two legged Lon, the lowest caste no matter what fur or horns one has, blended their genes with the Shar, thus the Shar`Lon were born. The Shar`Lon were ruled by a class system based on magic, Mage-Summoners, Summoners, Mages, Healers, War-Mages, Shape Shifters, and Spell Casters. [[Listed in order of most to least important.]] Luria is the only living pure blood Shar`Lon left, though no one knows what happened to the others. Or why those who are not pure Shar`Lon are still alive.

[[This is my first online OC, she's undergone many changes over the years. This one is her best though. She too, is a twin, but I think I killed the twin off..]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved for my first evar OC. A total fandom OC from the Star Wars universe.

Character Name: Cat
Height: 4 feet
Species: half Human, half unknown non-human
Title: Jedi Knight
Home: ---
Appearance: [[by Pirate Dirge on GaiaOnline]]

Personality: Loud, and usually blunt in the extreme. Cat often blurts things out with out considering others feelings. Oft times rude, loyal to a fault, and always ready to get the job done, no matter what the cost.
Abilities: Force enhanced empathy, typical Jedi abilities, and some Sith abilities as well.
Weapons: Lightsaber
Bondmate: Jesmyn, a sentient dragon native to Cat's world.
Bio: [[in bullet points til I type it out]]
-Born to a human mother she never knew what species her father is/was.
-She was late to discover she was Force sensitive. Just past the age her father's people consider young adulthood, around 50 standard years.
-Much of her early training was self taught, based on the limited knowledge she gleaned from her mother's few Jedi acquaintances.
-She sees no Light and Dark sides in the Force. She sees the Force as a tool to get the job done, no matter the risks or cost. She can tell evil from good though, and has aligned herself with the good guys.

[[This is my first OC evar, made back when I was 12 or 13 and had just found Timothy Zhan's Heir to the Empire trilogy. Yus, I was a huge Star Wars geek.. Still am, if truth be told.]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote        
My Harvest Moon OC.

Character Name: Gon-bou
Species: Human
Height: 4 feet, 9 inches
Home: Forget-Me-Not Vally
Appearance:
[[made at Lunaii]]
Personality:
Abilities:
Bio:

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Saria
Species: Centaur
Height: 9 feet, hoof to top of her head
Appearance:
base by KawaiiHannah at GaiaOnline, edit by me.
[[Art by .... I'll go find out..]]
Personality: ...
Abilities: ...
Bio: ...

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Neo
Species: Naga
Height: 13 feet, tail tip to head top
Appearance:
base & doll by me

[[art by MoonchildLadyOfShadows on GaiaOnline.
The naga is Neo, the mermaid is her best friend, Nori.]]
Personality: ...
Abilities: ...
Bio: ...

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
[[moving it down so I can put the Mido version of Yaneci in the post this one occupied.]]

Character Name: Yaneci DeNovi [[in white]]
Character Name: Nani DeNovi [[in black]]
Race: Elf
Height: 4 feet, both
Appearance:
Both are short at four feet even, and petite. They also both have tan skin, pointed Elf ears and green hair. There the similarities end, though.
Nani wears a black gown, with a crimson bodice, that looks to be too stiff for comfort. Around her shoulders is a mini cape, the hem coming about half way down her back. Around her waist is a belt of gold, rubies and blue topaz stud it's length, and a strip of cloth resembling fire flutters from it, hanging down the front of her skirt. Nani's eyes match flames, constantly changing between red, yellow or orange. A scar runs from her left eyebrow, down to the right side of her chin.
Yaneci wears a white gown, with a green bodice, the fabric of this gown flows, and under the hem you can see she wears no shoes. Long sleeves cover her arms, and billow around her hands. Around her upper arms is a fluffy, puffy mini sleeveless vest jacket. Around her waist is a silver belt, stones of emerald and gold topaz scattered across it's length, and the cloth is patterned with greens, browns and blues. Her eyes are a mix of gold and green. Except for her eyes, and the absence of a scar, her facial features are identical to the other woman's.
Yaneci Personality: She's a weird blend of shyness and social butterfly, apt to jump into conversations then go completely silent. Sometimes she can be a space case, her mind frequently wanders off of it's own accord.
Nani Personality: Very withdrawn, not overly friendly or social. In short she doesn't want to be bothered with others.
Yaneci Abilities: Earth [strongest] and air magic, summoning, random other magics.
Nani Abilities: Fire [strongest] and water magic, summoning, random other magics.
Yaneci Weapons: ....
Nani Weapons: ....
Yaneci Familiar: Titian, an earth elemental
Nani Familiar: Lucian, a fire elemental
Bio: [[The short of it sense Gaia ated it the first time.. Will be rewritten soonish.]]
-At the age of 10 they were abducted by their father.
-He implanted a fire demon in Nani, wanting to make her a weapon.
-Nani was - still is - too strong willed for the demon, and in turn used his powers - and still does - to set her and her sister free.
-They wandered into the Horde Lands where they were found and taken to Luria Vel, who adopted them.

[[These OCs came about because heyy13 made me a doll of the one in white when it was my Gaia avatar. I loved the doll so much I commissioned a dark version with the intention of having a single character at two stages in her life; good in her early years, then evil later in life. That was tossed out the window when I decided on twins, and one not so much evil as dark.]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Belladonna
Race: Faerie of some kind
Height: 13 inches
Appearance: [[OC art by Ichitoko on GaiaOnline]]

Personality: Usually friendly, but quick tempered. To any who look it's easy to see her happiness is a facade. Though she does have moments of true happiness, most of the time it is forced. As such it's easy for her to forget to be happy and get broody/mean/bitchy/rude.
Natural Abilities: Flying [[what else are wings for?]].
Magic Abilities: She can pass through solid objects, earth/nature magics [creating golems, making things grow better/faster, and the like], if she can do anything else it's currently unknown to her.
Bio: She doesn't remember her past, she just woke up one day several years ago. She didn't know where she was, or who she was. Since then the only noteworthy event in her life was meeting Luria, who gave her the name Belladonna. She is a wanderer, never staying in one area for long, but frequently returning to favorite spots.

[[Even though she is my newest OC, and really only here because of a Gaia avatar I really liked, she is one of my most favorite OCs. This is due mostly to her small size and her blue skin.]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Tanith
Race: Three-fourths Elven, One-fourth Dragon
Home: The Copper Dragon
Job: Owner, everything else depending on staff, or lack of.
Height: 5 foot even
Weight: 94 pounds
Hair Color: Dark Green
Eye Color: Pink
Skin Tone: Medium Brown
Horn Color: Dark Purple [almost black]
Wing Color: Black
Clothing Style: Random, usually Gothic, Gothic-Lolita, Historical, Steampunk. Always wears pantaloons under her skirts and dresses. More often, wears pants. Usually boots, or leg warmers, almost always wears gloves or arm coverings of some sort. Always wears earrings and a choker, or other necklace. Colors most often worn are black, blue, purple, and pastels.
Appearance: oo xx oo [[all 3 by NoFlutter at GaiaOnline]]
Likes: Lurking about, randomness, pizza, beer, skulls, reading, lots of stuff.
Dislikes: Jack asses, seafood, drama whores, bad fanfic, dolls, lots of stuff.
Abilities: Flight, earth magics, summoning minor earth elementals, minor healing, random other magics.
Weapons: Throwing daggers, daggers, what ever comes to hand
Personality: Polite and friendly when she needs to be, Tanith would much rather sit back and watch others then interact with them. She tries to keep everyone at arms length, figuring if she doesn't get to know you, you won't become her friend. Mostly, this has worked, but leaves most thinking her to be stuck up.
If you do manage to get past her barriers, though, Tanith is a loyal friend. Always willing to go an extra mile to help you out. However, even then, it's best to leave her alone when Tanith doesn't want to be bothered.
History: ...

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Zevanar
Race: Human
Home:
Job:
Height: 6 feet even
Weight:
Hair Color: Purple
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Tone: light
Clothing Style: Wild West
Appearance:

Natural Abilities:
Magic Abilities:
Other Abilities: Enhanced eyesight from cybernetic implants, right arm is superhuman strong as it too is cybernetic.
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
Mate/Love Interest: ---
Children: ---
Family:
Friends:

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Xerl
Home:
Job:
Length: 17 feet, 9 inches from tail tip to nose tip
Weight:
Fur Color: Pink
Eye Color: Dark brown
Scale Color: Green
Horn Color: Brown-gray
Appearance:
by heyy13
Natural Abilities:
Magic Abilities:
Other Abilities:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
Mate/Love Interest:
Children:
Family:
Friends:

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Melunha
Race: Human
Home:
Job:
Height: 5 feet, 4 inches
Weight:
Hair Color: Pink
Eye Color: Red
Skin Tone: light
Clothing Style: CosPlay, especially females. Popuri from Harvest Moon the most.
Appearance:

Natural Abilities:
Magic Abilities:
Other Abilities:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
Mate/Love Interest:
Children:
Family:
Friends:

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
Character Name: Sarah
Age: body is 8 years, demon that's possessed her is unknown age
Race: Her body is Human, but she's been possessed by a demon, and given cybernetic implants
Home:
School:
Height: 3 feet, 7 inches
Weight:
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: ---
Skin Tone:
Clothing Style:
Appearance:

Natural Abilities:
Magic Abilities:
Other Abilities:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
-Humans colonized a planet inhabited by demons.
-Children are routinely fitted with cybernetic implants, or possessed by demons. On occasion, both.
-Earth Humans have little contact with the colonists for this reason.
-Hannah was sent to Earth after her mother died from an illness, as her only remaining family lives there.
-She's spent the last 5 months trying to fit in.
Family: Aunt
Friends: