Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art

is my art good?
yes, it's cute! : D
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
no, it's horrible! D< erase it all and burn all your drawings!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
it's good, but you need to improve C:
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Roxanne

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
hi! ^^ I just wanted to show you some of my drawings : D I hope you like them! ^^
(sorry if they're big D: )

hope you like and comment! ^^

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote        
Happy They're so cute!

I see a huge influence from anime or manga, but I love the shape you use for faces. And you aren't trying to hide the hands like many artists do so that they don't have to draw them. You are also trying out different poses. Bouncy Heart

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been drawing?
Roxanne

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
thanks! ^^ yes, there's a BIg influence of anime, I think : D
hands are hard to draw, but I draw them to improve! hiding them is, like, ignoring the problem (well, that's my opinion ^^; )

uh...well, I think that I've been drawing seriously since I was 10 (and now I'm 15, almost 16) but I've always liked doodling and drawing ^^

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote        
That's awesome! You started so young!

I agree with you on how hiding hands is like ignoring the problem. I mean. That is exactly what I think. XD

I also wanted to add that the tiger girl at the top left, I believe you labeled her Cynthia, is epic cute. Bouncy Heart It's mostly her face. But still. SO cute. >w<
Roxanne

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
xD yeah, a girl of my class liked to draw too, and she teached me the basics (face shape and stuff) but later I made my own style (it changed a lot xD)

hands and feet are hard, but you HAVE to draw them D: you can't always hide them XD

yep, that's Cynthia x3 she's one of my favorites, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
It always helps to have someone teach you. I had a neighbor who got me out of drawing animals and into drawing people a long while back. Then some friends got me into anime and that was all I would draw until a few years back.

I am actually to the point where I enjoy hands and feet. Now I find eyes hard to draw. XD
Roxanne

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote        
I want to learn drawing animals, I seriously fail....my cows look like sheeps XD hopefully, I'm going to go to drawing classes this summer and someone will teach me xD;

right now, I like drawing hands (feet not yet xD) and...actually, I always enjoyed drawing faces xD especially eyes :3 (some years ago I could draw, like, 9 different styles of eyes...right now, three or four, I think xD; )

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
I love the way you draw the eyes.
I like to draw also, but i always seem to get stuck on the style of the eyes and it sometimes frustrates me.
And you're also very good at drawing hands I see.
that's another one of the things i can't seem to get right.

i second the comment on Cynthia. She is absolutely adorable.
I love her little ears and her paws.
They are oh so very cute :}

Ren

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote        
Those are REALLY really cute >w<

I'd suggest a bit more variation in facial expressions or different features in general, since the ones in this group are all the same or very similar.
Roxanne

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote        
@killaminjaro: thanks ^^ I suggest you to practice drawing other people's style and then make out your own (that's how I learnt xD; ) hands are really hard to draw, but I keep practising to get better :3 (sometimes I fail at hands too, and it makes me really angry xD; )
thanks again! ^^ Cynthia is my favorite >w<

@Ren: x3 thanks! the ones of the group were a try to see if I could do a different style (after I drew them all I noticed they all had the same expression u.u; ) I'll keep practising to see if I can do different expression :3