Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kasumi Ocada

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote        
My faves are:

Full Metal Panic

Last Exile

Kino's Journey

Rurouni Kenshin

Kodocha

Magic User's Club

Yes, I DO consider Avatar Anime. All Anime means is 'animations' in japanese, plus Avatar is directly influenced on several Japanese animations.

In short: I am not a Japanazi. Thankyouverymuch.

*elvis bow*

Most wanted item:
Baby Ghost!
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote        
LoL well if we're going to do that, then...

I LOVE AVATAR!! <3333 Yeah, ATLA XD! *rolls around with her giant Appas*

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
Prince_Phobos

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote        
Avatar was cute! Wasn't it slightly based off of Chinese things, as well? (such as the movements of the element bending?)

Kasumi Ocada

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote        
It is at least partially based upon a variety of Asian cultures, actually.

Most wanted item:
Baby Ghost!
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
Prince_Phobos wrote:
Avatar was cute! Wasn't it slightly based off of Chinese things, as well? (such as the movements of the element bending?)

Yes, it was. I'd like to think I have at least a certain amount of credibility when it comes to recognizing asian cultures XD I've always thought of it this way:
Earth - China and Korea
Fire - Japan
Air - Tibet
Water - Inuit

Though the animation was definitely trying to be Japanese. XD And all of the bending came from various forms of martial arts and stuff. They use the different languages freely as well (Momo, Yue..).

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
Cougati

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote        
My favorites are (in no particular order):

Papuwa Island - All I can say is FREAKING AWESOME. It's like the Monty Python of anime. The humor is juvenile, but the whole show is really funny. And the characters are lovable.

Basilisk - Lots of unpleasant things that are done in totally untasteful ways. I love it. It's just so different from all other anime I've seen, and the art is gorgeous. But there is lots of death/rape/torture/other bad things...so if you don't like that, stay away.

Code Geass - Lulu makes this whole thing worth it. Also, I really just like all of the characters, and how dramatic the whole show is.

Mushi-Shi - Interesting stand-alone episodes and a lot of originality. It's very fun to watch.

Kino's Journey - Really stimulates the brain. It's so philosophical it's ridiculous. Really good, though the art is a little strange sometimes...

Axis Powers Hetalia - FFFF. Just really cute. I wish they would hurry up and dub it so I can watch it without subtitles.

and probably more I can't think of right now. XD

Maverik

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote        
I haven't seen too much (read: any at all) anime recently, so I'm going to have to go with the few that I have seen.

I like Code Geass, simply because it was awesome of three different levels. =P

And I liked Ef - A Tale of Memories, as well as the second season Ef - A Tale of Melodies, because they were... well, Just watch them. =o

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote        
Mmmm, anime! Must love. XD Going to have to chip with with a few of you guys. My favorites?

Sailor Moon- In all forms! Anime, manga, live-action! Yes please! It was my first anime and will probably always be my top favorite.

Fullmetal Alchemist- Especially with the new anime coming out now. Hoooooo, yes. This is one of the few anime that I absolutely love the English voice cast, and I really hope they keep them if they dub Brotherhood! Vic Mignogna rocks socks!

Code Geass- I sat down a couple weeks ago and watched this whole show through both seasons. It's absolutely fantastic and I would vote it the most likely anime to keep you guessing EVER.

Naruto- I avoided this show for ages due to the hype over it here in America, sure it was just some stupid shounen show I'd hate. Then a friend convinced me to borrow her manga, and I fell in love. Although... >.> Note to self, need to download the last couple chapters. XD

Lastly, Ranma 1/2- Another of my first anime, and I still love it now. It's a VERY long anime, but it's absolutely hysterical and I can't get enough.

♥Follow Usako to my Unicreatures

♥Follow Pikachu to my Pokemon
santia92

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote        
my favorite anime book is Absolute Boyfriend
and i dont really have a favorite anime movie or book.........
i like most of them Laugh
sarcasmismysecondname

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
I haven't watched animes in ages D:
I used to adore Doremi, it was a bit overdramatic, but sooo cute *^*
I also really liked Fruits Basket, although I only saw half of the series.
And of course I loved Sailor Moon as a wee kiddie, every girl did :3
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote        
My friend keeps trying to get me to read some of her favorites, but I'm too lazy...

I like Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket, Dragon Ball (Z), AVATAR Happy , pokemon, and Bleach.

Speaking of Bleach, Stark's resurreccion= Bouncy HeartBouncy HeartBouncy Heart

I've been meaning to get into Code Geass, but there's the lazyness coming in again.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
AutumnDragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote        
My faves in no particular order:
Soul Eater
Mushi-shi
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakusho
Aquarion
Axis Powers Hetalia
Pokemon (I prefer the older ones)
Digimon (besides Data Squad, though the Digimon World games for that season is pwn)
One Piece
Peach Girl (dontask)
Shuffle!
Like every Tenchi series
Ragnarok (the mangwa=win. The MMORPG=win. The anime? MORE WIN)
Cyborg009
And the list goes on and on and on and on and on
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
Ouran High School Host Club
I feel silly for liking it at age 29, but there's just something about it I find really entertaining.

Fullmettle Alchemist
I like the characters and the story is pretty good, imo.

Samurai Champloo
Sexy samurai, need I say moar?

edited to add:
Naruto
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Fishugi Yugi [dunno if I spelled it right]
Just about anything by CLAMP

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
LunaKelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote        
Outlaw Star
Vandread
Witch Hunter Robin
.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Ghost In The Shell
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote        
I like a bunch of different things when it comes to Japanese Animation.

Outlaw Star: I happened to like this series. Even though one of the female leads spent half her screentime naked, it didn't make the series dirty. The design cocepts of the ships was interesting. Though I think I'm thinking to hard with the who grappling in zero gravity thing.

Wolf's Rain: Very dark, very deep series. I was biased originally because the main characters are wolves in search of paradise. (I love wolves.) There were a few episodes that seemed like a giant headtrip.

Avatar: The kids show with darker undertones. Like others, I belive this falls under Anime due to the fact it's inspirations come from many Asian references. I liked the character development as well as the plot itself.

Azumanga Daioh: The series that said I don't always have to watch something super violent to be entertained. The series vaguely reminded me of when I was in school.

Digimon: I watched the series through the Digimon Tamers block. Then the time moved so I couldn't watchi it anymore. I like the concept of having digimon companions and having outrageous adventures in alternate worlds. (I was a big Garurumon fan.)

Those who Hunt Elves: This series probably was the most random thing I've ever seen. A meathead martial arts guy, an actress, a highschooler chick with a military fettish, a possesed tank, and an elven sorceress travel the lands stripping elves to find spell fragments. It blows my mind, and yet I enjoy the fiasco.

Hayao Miazaki: I think this man's a bloody genius. I'm particularly fond of Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicca, and Castle in the Sky. Pom Poco wasn't too bad, but I watched it at the age where I realized it was preachy. It's like the Anime version of Ferngully.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.