Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook

Any good?
I dunno
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Is ok
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You need a lot of work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Some is great, some is.. not so great
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote        
This is a spot for me to record stories [rather unlikely], snipits of my original character's histories, notes to myself about further writings, as well as any poems and such I feel like writing.

Anything written for my OCs/RPCs will most likely be in paragraph RP style.

Please note: I do not want anyone posting here, I'm OCD about writing threads I create having only me post in them. I'm not exactly looking for critiques, comments or any of that. I'm just putting these here because I want not only a safe place for them, but for them to be seen. However, if you have to comment me, please do so through PM. Either here, or on GaiaOnline. I am Mage-Summoner there.

Current writing obsessions:
-My original characters and RolePlay characters
-Haiku
-Story stuff, naming dream writing, other contest writing for a GaiaOnline B & C shop called Matope. [A lot of my story and poem based stuff will probably be from stuff I do for Matope.]

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote        
Haiku

For Matope:
Boy 1: Swamp Song
Listen to the song,
voices of the swamp blending
into harmony.

My first ever haiku, and the first type of poetry I've written since jr. high. I wrot'd it for this!

Boy 2: Walks-with-Fireflies
They flutter above.
Below he moves, hooves shuffling,
their glow lights his steps.

Others:
None yet.

Ideas:
Winter
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Pond

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote        
OC related; Luria Vel talking about her past and her people's history.

[[Luria is talking to a man she doesn't know. I dunno where or how she met him, but for sanity's sake, assume she's at a tavern and a little tipsy.

A note, the Shar, Lon & Shar'Lon are species created by me, based loosely off of mythical/fantasy creatures.]]

Luria sits quietly for a while, gathering her thoughts. She knew more about her people then most of them had known about themselves, though she hadn't spent more then the first seven years of her life among them. "Well the Shar`Lon were native to a planet named Terrim, and created by two parent races, using a mixture of normal procreation and genetic manipulation. The races who created my people were also natives of Terrim. The Shar, who's people were mages and summoners of great power. And the Lon, who were a race of creatures the Humans here would call Centaurs, Fauns and Satyrs. The Lon culture is highly dependent on a strict caste system, taking into account weather a person has two, or four legs, horns, fur patterns, or lack there of, and fur color. Those Lon born with only two legs are of the lowest caste, no matter what other high caste attributes they have. A group of 'two legs' approached the Shar about creating a race that would take the best from both species and blend it all into one people. The Shar agreed, though they had no visible reason to, as this blending wouldn't help them, or so it was thought. The 'two legged' Lon however could prosper by this as their genes would be passed on into a stronger race." Here she stops, debating for a bit weather or not to tell all that she knows about the Shar's choice. After a few minutes she continues.

"The Shar had their own reasons for agreeing, reasons that would, in fact, prove beneficial for them.. If their plan worked. They'd spent years trying to create a race of blood dolls, as they were in an alliance of sorts with a very large Vampire clan. However they were tired of sending their own people as fodder for payment of services. Unfortunately there was no success. The proposal from the Lon gave them access to better technology though, so they agreed. Eventually, after years of trying, they created a new species, and named them Shar`Lon. Physically they looked nearly identical to the two legged Lon, but had all the abilities of the Shar, just more diluted. However the Shar's attempt to make the Shar`Lon blood dolls wasn't entirely successful. Only about one percent of the Shar`Lon born showed any inclination of being blood dolls, and most of them were sickly for some reason. Usually not living long past their twenties. That's the ancient history of my people."

She isn't sure why she's telling this stranger her history. Maybe she's just lonely, or had this knowledge pent up inside her for to long. What ever the reason, she felt compelled to finish her story, weather he wanted to hear it or not. "Well there isn't much that happened, until my twin and I turned seven.. I mean, there weren't even any wars to make history fun to learn. Anyway seems we are genetic throwbacks to the Shar. At our seventh birthday party we summoned a Dragon King.. Something not even the Summoner's Council could collectively do. As such we were sentenced to death, both the Summoners Guild, and Mage-Summoners Guild were freighted of us. The Dragon King wouldn't allow it though, we'd summoned him, and he was ours, and we his. So he took us to his lands, where his dragon horde resides. There's no word for the name the dragon's gave the lands in any language save those reserved for the draconic species. But those non dragons that live there simply call it the Horde Lands. Anyway around a thousand years ago the Shar`Lon were wiped out..." She trails off, but it's clear she knows what happened. After a few minutes she speaks again. "I killed them.. All the pure bloods, at least. Those with mixed blood were never accepted, considered unwanted, like my sister and I. So I left them and hunted only those with a pure lineage. Their deaths were brutal, their pain exquisite." As she finishes a shiver of delight runs through her body, her mind replaying those deaths she had savored most. Those of her parents, who'd stood by, doing nothing to try and save their children.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote        
TO FINISH! OC related: Yaneci DeNovi & Nani DeNovi

Appearance:
[[The short of it sense Gaia ated it the first time..]]
-At the age of 10 they were abducted by their father.
-He implanted a fire demon in Nani, wanting to make her a weapon.
-Nani was - still is - too strong willed for the demon, and in turn used his powers - and still does - to set her and her sister free.
-They wandered into the Horde Lands where they were found and taken to Luria Vel, who adopted them.

[[I need to rewrite their bio/history]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote        
Name dream contest at Matope on GaiaOnline.

Chases Dragonflies

Dragonflies buzz about, some in small clusters, others alone. She stands, watching their flight, tracing their paths with her eyes. Sunlight reflects off of translucent wings, and a rainbow of colorful bodies.

After a while she takes off, running down the small embankment to the swamp. Barely slowing she plows into the shallow waters, heading toward a small clump of dragonflies. Iridescent bodies turn and flit away from her, and she turns with them. She never keeps the same dragonfly in her sights for long, each new flicker of sunlight calling her attention to a new insect.

She lay on the embankment, panting slightly. How long she splashed about, chasing the dragonflies, she doesn't know. Her eyelids droop, but stubbornly she follows their paths. Too tired to run for now, but eager to drink in their movements.

[[ I really liked this name dream, even though it was the first I wrote, and still feels unfinished to me. Maybe someday I'll find the missing parts to it rambling through my mind. ]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote        
Name/Naming dream ideas

These are names and naming dream ideas for Matope. Some may be things I wrote out for a contest then changed my mind and never entered. Or I may have just hit on a name I liked and wanted to write a naming dream for it. Matope's naming conventions, and the name dreams have me hooked on writing. Even though, usually, I despise writing.

---
[[Unentered contest name dream. The contest had an RP prompt, but was a naming dream contest. I wrote this out while half asleep. Then after rereading the RP prompt decided against entering this. Instead I opted to do a RP/naming dream hybrid type entry.]]
Darkened Moon [male]
He lay there in the muck of the swamp, watching the world in shades of gray and black. At first his eyes follow along the ground, taking in the bank rising from the waters, trailing up to see the sharp grasses. Then back down, he turns his gaze on the mangroves, tracing their roots. The roots, so tangled and knotted, leave his feeling trapped.

With effort he raises his head to look at the sky. It's pitch black, except for one round spot that isn't quite so dark. For a long time he stares at that spot, certain it's not supposed to be dark. Though he doesn't know how he knows this.

Cautiously he stands, his legs trembling, though from lack of energy or unease he is unsure. Watching the darkened disk he shuffle-steps forward, dragging his hooves along the shallow muddy waters and then up onto the bank. He stops there, watching, as the disk seems to slide away. In it's place is a dull coal black sphere. His heart sinks in disappointment, though he can't say why he'd expected a bright shining moon to be in place of the dark moon.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote        
RP/Naming dream entry for Matope at GaiaOnline

[[This is what I wrote and entered in the contest mentioned in the above post. I like it a lot, unlike my past naming dreams it feels completed.]]

Shadow-in-the-Swamp [male]

He lay there in his sac, half buried in the muck and mud. Beside him, in her own sac, is his sister. There is little comfort in her warmth and movements. The fall from their branch was swift and startling, and this new position was hard to get used to. With a sigh he settles into the half wakefulness, half sleep that he has been in since the fall. In his light doze the dream returns.

He lay in a patch of bright sunlight, watching the swamp and it's many forms of life. No matter how strong the sunlight, there are always shadows. Some creeping between the mangrove, others popping up under the water rats or marsh rabbits as they dart past. They come in all sizes, ranging from smaller then a blade of grass, to big enough to engulf him. Some are very dark, almost like night, and others just shades of gray.

After a while he stands, looking down at his own pitch black form, and the shadow he casts. It seems to stretch much further then it should, despite the sun shining from directly overhead. Tentatively he takes a step forward, then with a start he dashes into the shallow waters around the mangrove. Easily he slips between the trees, ever careful of their entwined roots. There he blends in perfectly with the darker shadows. Almost silently he picks his way deeper into the trees. Watching the shadows, and the shadows with-in shadows play with and against each other..

A sound, and movement pull him from sleep, his dream fading into the back of his mind. Futilely he wishes he could open his eyes and see what it is. Hoping it is just a small creature, and not a predator, he snuggles closer to his sister's warmth. As he drifts back into sleep he is both hoping for and dreading the return of the dream.

The dream does return, and to his relief it starts where it had left off.

He's walking through the mangrove, picking his way between the roots. Every now and then he stops to observe the shadows. One seems to be moving of it's own violation, always just a few steps ahead of him. At first he thought it to be his own shadow. Until he looked and found his underneath himself. Starting up again he continues to follow the shadow, wondering where - and why - it is leading him.

After what seems like hours, but could really only be minutes, he spots a small island among the mangrove. The shadow is moving up its banks. Cautiously he follows, unease warring with curiosity. He stops at the bank, watching the shadow. It too has stopped moving. He steps up onto the bank, slowly making his way toward the shadow. To his surprise it doesn't move. When he is nearly close enough to touch it, it vanishes. Startled he looks around, up in the trees, in the water, and at last at the ground. Giving a small squeak he jumps back, and there at his hooves the shadow follows. He stares down at the shadow, realization coming slowly. After some time he settles down on the island, watching the shadows move around him and contemplating his own.

Dully he is aware of his sister moving, thrashing. Finally he is pulled awake, though he can't tell why the other is thrashing. "Unless she is dreaming too." he thinks. Making soft, soothing, sounds he snuggles closer to her, trying to ease her distress. After several moments she calms, her breathing evens out. Listening to her, he sighs contentedly when it becomes apparent she's sleeping again. Settling in he lets sleep reclaim him, returning to his own dream.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote        
TO FINISH! OC Related; Luria Vel & Rikku Vel profile.

[[To do: Add full history in a story style. Change all names to fit Luria & Rikku. Add fully typed out description.]]

[[This is another profile that was made before I decided to change my OC names around and pretty much just screw over all my OC profiles, yes I'm aware I am really indecisive about names. Especially when irl stress has me to the point I just wanna curl up and cry.]]

Character Name: Nani
Race: Shar`Lon/Vampire
Height: 4 feet
Appearance:
Personality: Generally friendly, not afraid to speak her mind.
Abilities: Shape shifting, random basic magic/spells, summoning [[Small fire and water elementals are easiest. Bigger/stronger/not her elements creatures cause tons of strain.]], self healing [[Minor wounds mostly, larger wounds drain her so she rarely does more healing on them then starting the process.]], berserker [[Only when enraged and or in mortal danger. She really tries not to go berserk, it could be fatal under the wrong circumstances.]], other large magics she almost never uses due to strain/depleting her energy rapidly.
Weapons: Hooves, and anything she can throw, especially if it is pointy
Familiar: Cissan, a fire elemental/demon cross breed.
Bio: As a child Nani had it all, the love of her parents, everything she ever wanted, friends, and most important a twin sister. That all went away when they turned 7. Unknown to anyone both girls were genetic throwbacks to the Shar, a race of extremely powerful summoners and mages. So when the twins summoned a fully grown dragon, with out even intending too, they were proclaimed outcasts. If not for the dragon they'd summoned they likely would have died. However he took them into his horde, raising them as his adopted children. They spent the remainder of their childhood in the Dragon King's palace in the Horde Lands.
One hundred years ago the Horde Lands were attacked by a powerful race of demons. Nani, her twin and the strongest mages, known as Dream Weavers, stopped the invasion by destroying the demons. The spells used exacted a great cost however, many of the mages died or went insane from the after shocks of power. Nani nearly died, and her full strength, physically and mentally, was never recovered. Even now using more then just her most basic spells leaves her drained, sometimes for weeks. Her twin, and several of their closest friends, were killed by the spells used.
Now, Nani use world gates, places where one may travel between worlds and dimensions, to travel between her home and where ever the next gate takes her.
Shar`Lon: Shar`Lon is a race of magic users who's parent races are the Shar and the Lon. The Shar were extremely powerful summoners and mages. There are no longer any traces of the Shar race, a mysterious illness wiped them out long ago. The Lon are a race of hoofed creatures with an intricate caste system based on fur patterns and color, horns and weather a person is two legged [[like a Faun or Satyr]] or four legged [[like a Centaur]]. The two legged Lon, the lowest caste no matter what fur or horns one has, blended their genes with the Shar, thus the Shar`Lon were born. The Shar`Lon were ruled by a class system based on magic, Mage-Summoners, Summoners, Mages, Healers, War-Mages, Shape Shifters, and Spell Casters. [[Listed in order of most to least important.]] Luria and Yaneci are the only living pure blood Shar`Lon left, though no one knows what happened to the others. Or why those who are not pure Shar`Lon are still alive.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote        
TO DO - Harvest Moon OC rewrite.

This one is so old I won't even bother it, just totally start over. The names {Yaneci & Luria} are from my other OCs, but I loved them so much {and am so unoriginal with names} that I just reused them. Both characters are Human.

Notes to me:
-Twins, Luria is eldest.
-Last name is undecided. Maybe "von Lucian"?
-Pets include, 1 mist gray horse named Mystral and one calico cat named ... um, something...
-Yaneci is a girly girl, Luria is a tomboy.
-Birth date is Winter 13 or November 13, depending if the RP uses game dates, or real life dates.
-Age is 20 something.
-History is pretty much the same as my RPC for the first HMFarm RP, before the site was hacked.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quote        
TO DO - Matope lore.

The owners of Matope welcome lore to be written, either 100% created by the writer or a Matope adaptation of current fairy tales and myths, by those who have or want to have a Kimeti [the pet Matope sells].

Notes:
-Undecided on if it will be fully mine, or a rewrite.
-Things I'd like to rewrite: Little Red Riding Hood
-Things I wanna create myself: Fairy lore/myths. Something akin to what the British Isles have for Leprechauns and other Fair Folk.
-Create a few Kimeti versions of creatures like the Gorgon, Medusa, Mermaids/Sirens, Kelpies, Kappa.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
I need to convert my Haiku into a naming dream.

They flutter above.
Below he moves, hooves shuffling,
their glow lights his steps.

-------------

Walks-with-Fireflies

He wanders through the swamp in near total darkness. All his attention is focused on not tripping over roots, stones, and other hazards only half seen in the moonlight. Unfortunately his alert gaze doesn't see the mud colored rock rising up from the ground. It catches his hoof, sending him head over tail onto the ground. "Oof!" Grumbling he gets to his feet, shaking the mud from his coat as best as he can.

He stands there, looking around, desperate to find the path again. The soft moonlight only allows him to see a few inches in front of his face, however....[[will be finished..eventually]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
Another to be converted to a naming dream.

Listen to the song,
voices of the swamp blending
into harmony.

-------------

Swamp Song

He lay there, on a bank dappled with sunshine coming through the mangrove leaves, listening to the sounds of the swamp. Many shades of green are painted across his hide, being put there by sun and leaf.

As his body soaks in the warmth from the sun, his ears soak in the voices of the swamp. First comes the swishing of the kudzu, the purple blooms of the flower rattling. Followed by the buzzing of dragonflies, humming birds, and other small winged creatures. Toads and frogs add their part to the song, their croaks coming loud and low or sharp and high. At last the sky, too, joins in. Sending wind and rain to blend the swamp's many voices into one. Into Swamp Song.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
This one will hopefully get a drawing added to it. The drawing will be entered in a raffle type contest at Matope at GaiaOnline [provided I get it done in time].

---

Fish Bones

Boldly he explored the waters in this part of the swamp. His tail fins propelling him swiftly through the water. Fins! I have no fins! But sure enough, as he looks back along his body, there are tail fins, as well as scales. I'm a fish? This thought confuses him, for generation upon generation of ancestral memory tells him he is a Kimeti.

His confusion is swiftly pushed aside as a crocodile glides past. With out thinking, he turns and darts away from the huge reptile. It makes no attempt to chase him. Unluckily though, he stumbles into the path of a large fish. This predator takes a snap at him, shredding the edge of his tail fin. Panicked, he flees from the larger fish. The predator, however, isn't about to give up. It chases after him. Through weeds and under rotted logs. Just when the little fish is ready to give in, he spies a hole too small for his pursuer.

In a flash he darts in, leaving the larger fish just out of reach. Breathing a sigh of relief, he looks around. The hole seems to be a tunnel, so he follows it. At it's end he finds what appears to be an isolated pond inside the larger pond. Still in the tunnel he looks around, not quite recognizing what is littering the pond floor. Cautiously he comes out, trying to get a better look around. Just then the mangrove above the water rustles, spilling sunlight through it's leaves.

The light catches something just under him, grabbing his attention. It takes him a moment to register what his eyes are seeing. When he does, though, he gasps. Slowly he swims out into the area, and everywhere he passes he looks down. The pond floor is littered with dull, off white, shards. Fish Bones.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote        
The Foxbun in the Moon

[[Story adaptation: The Rabbit in the Moon, adapted for Matope on GaiaOnline, as told by Fish Bones, my Kimeti.]]

Once, long and long ago, there were three creatures who were friends. One was a mongoose, the second was a songbird, and the last was a foxbun. They spent their days playing hide-and-seek or chase-me catch-me. Their nights were spent around a campfire, chattering away and nibbling on treats found in the swamp.

One night while they were around the fire, an old doe floated down from the heavens to meet them. She resembled the moon, her coat light gray with darker gray spots, and she cast off a glow like moonlight. As her hooves touched the ground, the three companions just watched, too awestruck and scared to move.

"Hello, young ones." She said. "Do you have a bit of food to spare? I've traveled far, and am quite famished."

The three shook their heads, nearly simultaneously. Then the mongoose jumped up and ran off, calling over his shoulder. "I'll go find you some." Catching on, the other two leap up as well, following their friend.

After a short time the songbird returned. In her beak and claws were an assortment of berries. These she dropped on a rock beside the fire, before landing on a log nearby. Just then, the mongoose returned. In his mouth were two small fish, their scales gleaming in the light. These, too, were set on the rock, then he settled by the log.

Patiently, the three waited for the foxbun to return. After what seemed like a long time, he did return, walking slowly and looking forlorn. When he stops it is apparent he has found nothing for the doe. "I am sorry, I'm not fast to catch a fish, nor can I climb to gather berries." Glancing at the fire the foxbun gets an idea. "As I have nothing to give you, I'll give myself. I'll jump into the fire and when I'm cooked you can eat me."

Before he has even finished speaking, he leaps into the flames. Quickly, much faster then one would think the old doe could move, she darts forward, her snout going into the fire, grabbing the nape of his neck between her teeth. As she pulls him out of the fire, she gives her neck a flick, tossing him onto her back. "That is a kind offer, but you should never do yourself harm for the benefit of another." She turns her head, regarding him, and smiles. "For your generosity, I shall reward you by taking you to live with me on the moon."

Even as she speaks, she starts to ascend, leaving the swamp behind as the moon grows ever larger. To this day the foxbun lives there, and can be seen on clear nights when the moon is full.

[[This is an adaptation of The Rabbit in the Moon, and done from just memory. I haven't read the story in 4 or 5 years, so if details are wrong that's why. I have no plans to make it fit the original story, though. Any edits it gets will be for grammar and spelling.]]

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote        
Matope dump:

Jumping Frog naming dream haiku:

Jumping and hopping,
from water to sandy bank
then back again, quick.

Skin glistens then dulls,
hop through sunshine and shadows,
just jump, jump and hop.

I wrote this out with the intent of telling the whole thing, but got lost. So it is notes for when/if I write out a story style naming dream.

---

Shimmer-Bug, contest entry dream.

She stands in the dark, her dark hide concealing her, watching pinpoints of light flashing around the swamp. Carefully, quietly, she steps forward, walking towards these flashes. At first, she has no idea what they are, but after watching them zip and zag across her vision, she realizes they are fireflies. With silent steps, she follows them, going in circles as she tries to to keep up with just one. Each time it's path intersects the path of another, she loses the first. So, she gives up, content to just follow any she can.

Pulling her thoughts back to the hear and now, she sees that she has wandered into a huge swarm of them. Where before there were just a dozen or so, now there are hundreds. A smile pulls at her lips as she simply enjoys this light show, watching the bugs shimmer and sparkle, wondering what it would be like to zip to and fro with them.

Suddenly, contact, as one lands on her nose. She closes her eyes against the bright flash of the insect's body. In that moment, she feels a flutter in her belly, her eyes spring open. At first, she wonders how the tiny firefly got so large. Then she realizes that in fact she, and not the insect, changed size. Slowly, she floats down, unsure at first how to work her wings. Lucky for her, instinct kicks in, and her wings start to flutter, then buzz. With a flash of her light, she speeds off into the group, overjoyed at the feeling of flight. Feeling giddy, she twists and turns around the others, flashing her own light in response as she moves.

---

Shadow-in-the-Swamp [female] REWRITE for Possessed Halloween 2009 raffle.
This is the final version as I have the Kimeti who it belongs to.

She lay in a patch of bright sunlight, watching the swamp and it's many forms of life. No matter how strong the sunlight, there are always shadows. Some creeping between the mangrove, others popping up under the water rats or marsh rabbits as they dart past. They come in all sizes, ranging from smaller then a blade of grass, to big enough to engulf her. Some are very dark, almost like night, and others just shades of gray.

After a while she stands, looking down at her own pitch black form, and the shadow she casts. It seems to stretch much further then it should, despite the sun shining from directly overhead. Tentatively she takes a step forward, then with a start she dashes into the shallow waters around the mangrove. Easily she slips between the trees, ever careful of their entwined roots. There she blends in perfectly with the darker shadows. Almost silently she picks her way deeper into the trees. Watching the shadows, and the shadows with-in shadows play with and against each other.

She walks through the mangrove, picking her way between the roots. Every now and then she stops to observe the shadows. One seems to be moving of it's own violation, always just a few steps ahead of her. At first she thought it to be her own shadow. Until she looked down, finding hers underneath herself. Looking up again, she continues to follow the shadow, wondering where - and why - it is leading her.

After what seems like hours, but could really only be minutes, she spots a small island among the mangrove. The shadow is moving up its banks. Cautiously she follows, unease warring with curiosity. She stops at the bank, watching the shadow. It too has stopped moving. She steps up onto the bank, slowly making her way toward the shadow. To her surprise it doesn't move. When she is nearly close enough to touch it, it vanishes. Startled she looks around, up in the trees, in the water, and at last at the ground. Giving a small squeak she jumps back, and there at her hooves the shadow follows. She stares down at the shadow, realization coming slowly. After some time she settles down on the island, watching the shadows move around her and contemplating her own.