Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
lol yeah I had to look it up just to answer this thread. XD I really don't care about it. I don't panic during flu season, why now?

That's one reason why I just hate watching the news. They always cause such a fuss over nothing, and it's a shame. :/ People are less likely to think independently if it's coming from a higher source (such as the media), so reason tends to lose out. That's why everyone panics around here when the weatherman says it's going to snow. Mleeeh... it's just a shame XD;

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
caysaa

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
i couldn't tell you how many cases wisconsin actually has, but i found out that my campus had a confirmed case about a day after i left for summer break. i was half-heartedly concerned that i might have it. haha.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
There wouldn't be a swine flu if we treated the pigs better! D;
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
lol I so laughed at swine flu ^^

I mean, I'm from Canada, and each year we get a couple thousands deaths from normal (seasonal) flu. For swine flu, I think that now we have about 1500 confirmed cases, with about 3 deaths and the rest being not serious cases. So yeah, I laughed...

Chere and Rose

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote        
I haven't heard any new cases up here.
(yes, up here)
Before when it was all over the news I would here it on the radio and on TV but now, nothing.

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
That's because the media got all of the hype out of the situation that they could. Now, no one cares because we all realize how small the issue is/was.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote        
lol you gotta luv medias

No, seriously, I think there's a couple new case in Manitoba or something, but I still don't think it's worst than seasonal flu, far from that in fact. I mean, each year, all the medias talk about getting flu shots in November, and than you don't hear about it for another year. So swine flu will probably be just like that, except if it gets worst of course, you will only hear about when a couple new cases are discover, and then nothing for some time. Like avian flu... Does someone still remember it? Does someone still talks about it?

Clover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 am Reply with quote        
I seriously thought that this Swine Flu won't reach my country, since it is so far away O_o
Never he less some time ago it was registered here in Estonia as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote        
Anyone remember Bird flu?

Like Swine Flu it's a new strain of Flu, if your fit and healthy you'd be fine!

That's all... Gotta love humans!

"It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens." Nom Anchor, somewhere in the NJO Books...
Graymalkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote        
I am not positive but there was a teacher at my school,
who had a severe flu [ vomiting blood and other symptoms ],
so she was told to stay home or the hospital.
No one else that I know of has been sick at all.
My family is pretty good as well, so... good there too.
I live in Canada so, I still am not sure if anywhere else has here.
Does anyone know if there has been? Confused
And to Lux, no some guy here was in top health,
nothing wrong with him what-so-ever, healthy as a horse.
Ran a lot, ate healthy, slept regularily, and he just.. died.
I cannot remember if my mother said he was sick with flu or not,
but all I remember is her describing how healthy he was and that he died.
Just out of the blue and that kind of shocked the hell out of me.
Sad

Vixie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
someone had swine flu where my friend works.. they didn't even bother to tell her until a week later because shes a cleaner.. they told everyone else except her, that sucks big time!

click the egg
Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote        
Swine flu: It's always something.
Just because it can be transferred between pigs and humans doesn't make it any more dangerous than the regular flu. I remember when people were convinced avian flu would kill us all, even though only a handful of people died from it in CHINA, the single most densely populated country on the planet earth! It is my belief that every generation since the dawn of time believed that the end of the world would happen in their lifetime. You'd think that after the first twenty thousand years somebody would have stopped and thought, "You know what? Maybe the end *isn't* nigh."
Floods. Wars. Meteors. Prophets, plagues, and now pig phlegm. For ****'s sake, crawl out of your bomb shelters, take off that ridiculous gas-mask, and get back to worrying about things that might actually happen in the immediate future, like being run over by a drunken frat boy.
Arabie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
Well, they're a little more worried about H1N1 because of the fact that it can mutate to different mammals. It started in pigs yes, but it MUTATED to be able to transfer to humans. Which means it could very well mutate more into something worse, all it needs to do is come in contact with the wrong kind of DNA and BAM we've got a problem.
But at this moment, I personally think the worry silly. I mean I'm in Canada, and I'm in the province with the highest reported case of H1N1 in the COUNTRY. I'm not worried, I'll worry if I get it, but the flu is only killing the people that regular flu would kill. Yes, it's a bigger worry for teens and young adults but most cases do not result in death. I'm more worried about Cancer than H1N1, because to be honest THAT has a higher mortality rate, and so does the regular flu. People wearing masks are ridiculous, I mean really, if you came in contact with someone with the flu, I doubt that'd save you. However all the same, H1N1 seems so dangerous and "Scary" because of the MEDIA, who jump at the smallest thing. It isn't a big deal, until someone with medical and scientific knowledge says it is NOT if some looney on TV says it is.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote        
My seventh grade science teacher lectured us about how we'd all die from avian and even had the advanced students write wills to their parents.

@Arabie: Didn't the bird flu mutate too? It must have considering it was transferred from birds to humans.

And the masks are silly. They're meant to keep OTHERS from getting something that you have, rather than the other way around. >.>;

Anyway, swine flu is back and everyone is freaking out about it. 20% of our students were absent on Tuesday from either having it, possibly having it, or being paranoid about having it. I'm staying home today simply because I don't feel well but I doubt it's H1N1. I'm showing symptoms of it, but honestly the dizziness, aches, and lack of energy are all pretty common for me, and I don't think my fever is bad enough.

other

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote        
swine flu doesn't seem to be a problem unless you have underlying TB or something
my dad had it and it was just like a normal flu
but my friend's cousin had underlying stuff and they buried her on wednesday

~Kryztol's Huge Raffle Giveaway!~