Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Market Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Miss Oppai's Shoppe [S]Commons and EIs [T/O]Potions, Scythes
glimpse

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
Oh no, did you just sell your rose hairpiece? Duh

There's no way you'd have a second one to sell, right? xD

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Lunar

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
Any particular reason why? Or what should I add/take away?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
Miss Oppai wrote:

I'll accept 10 lotus blooms, then. Happy I'll send the goods along.
@Lunar: Thanks, but no thanks. Confused

Alrighty, thank you! Your blooms have been sent ^_^

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
@glimpse: I have one left now that's still for sale! (I actually had 3, but one is mine and one got sold)

@Lunar: For one roleplay potion, it's a very low offer considering I got roughly 3.5k for the earth potion alone. The lowest I've seen them go were for 2k for the wind, since it's easiest to get. Fire is the hardest. I'm not sure if there's a scale or what.

@Nikki: Got them, thank you! Bouncy Heart

Carpe Diem

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote        

Can I purchase a Red Rose Headpiece for 5 lotus blooms?

Ryo

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
How much for the essence of the water dragons?

Gwendylne spoils me.
Mess with her, and you will pay!
ILY GWEN.
sweet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote        
400 for the Scythe of the Lovers ? Happy
Lunar

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
Lol.. well good luck, they were artificially inflated by a user. They'll go back down. <3

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
Ima offer 8 blooms for the rose hairpiece.

Sorry Carpe Diem D:::

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Miss Oppai

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote        
I accept your offer, Glimpse. I'll send the item along.

@Lunar: "Artificial Inflation" is a term I see get misused a lot. Artificial inflation is when there's an unnatural manipulation of the market, always done by the seller/investor themselves, and never the buyer. They hope the buyer will fall for it and thus, the value they manipulated it to stays.

From what I've seen with avi sites, the investor actually tries to buy everything at a lower price, and then resell them all at a higher one, flooding the market with a bunch of high priced rares and hoping they change the value because of the demand. These people can't wait for time for their item to go up in value, so they go in and manipulate things by hand. In some cases, like with an exchange-style system, you may have people logging into alts and trying to put in a higher bid on an item, hoping someone will outbid them.

I know; I used to play the Market system on Gaia and would come across someone trying to do this, not knowing someone could spring up and undo their crazy attempt. Crazy shit, that. Rare did it ever work. Ex: I remember when their Katanas were 60k. I had a few on me to sell and was checking their current price. I saw a few up for 58-62, then, after a 10min AFK, a WALL of 100k Katanas by someone hoping to inflate them. I put a few up for their actual going price (like 59k) and they were snatched up- most likely by the inflaters themselves... which is hilariously ironic.

I think Midorea is too small to experience such a thing, thank god. The attempt would probably be shot down, anyway.

What's going on right now is that there's a huge fluctuation in what people are willing to pay for the potions. It's a wild instability based on supply and demand. It's on the brink of steadying out, but I can't see them outright dropping below 1k unless it's a quicksale.

That wasn't an attack or anything, I just needed to clarify what "artificial inflation" is on a site like this.

sweet

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote        
sweet wrote:
400 for the Scythe of the Lovers ? Happy

i think u missed my post? ;O

or im sorry if thats a low offer, ive no idea how much this goes for, i only go by the price guide...

how much would u want me to add?..
550 for the scythe? Happy
OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote        
Miss Oppai wrote:

From what I've seen with avi sites, the investor actually tries to buy everything at a lower price, and then resell them all at a higher one, flooding the market with a bunch of high priced rares and hoping they change the value because of the demand. These people can't wait for time for their item to go up in value, so they go in and manipulate things by hand. In some cases, like with an exchange-style system, you may have people logging into alts and trying to put in a higher bid on an item, hoping someone will outbid them.

I know; I used to play the Market system on Gaia and would come across someone trying to do this, not knowing someone could spring up and undo their crazy attempt. Crazy shit, that. Rare did it ever work. Ex: I remember when their Katanas were 60k. I had a few on me to sell and was checking their current price. I saw a few up for 58-62, then, after a 10min AFK, a WALL of 100k Katanas by someone hoping to inflate them. I put a few up for their actual going price (like 59k) and they were snatched up- most likely by the inflaters themselves... which is hilariously ironic.

Miss Oppai wrote:
Crazy shit, that. Rare did it ever work.

I'm sorry to say but that isn't even close to true. Gaia runs on artificial inflation. I'm sorry that the items you watched, like the katana, aren't the ones that do it, but a smart vendor knows to watch where the Artificial Inflation is and when it is happening. Maybe you simply attribute too many things to natural inflation, like the way prices fluctuate in the summer.

I can distinctly remember an extended period of time last year when there was one specific person (using many mules, of course) systematically artificially inflating choice items on a regular basis. They were changing the items up every several days, never longer than a week, and would even go so far as to brag to members of the vendors guild or even give the occasional priveleged tip-off. If you have the resources, Artificial Inflation works. EVERY time.

If I had 100,000 silver on Midorea, I could Artificially Inflate any item on this site that I wanted for the very reason that you claim it couldn't happen. Midorea is a small site, there aren't many users, and thus, there isn't much silver or many items floating around. If there were a user who had joined when the site first opened, and battled every single day, posted enough to earn even more silver on top of that, and just saved and saved their silver, stockpiling it, they could afford to pay any price for any item they wanted. In turn, down the line, they could sell those items back to the users at any price they demanded. If there's only 100 of an item it's extremely easy to inflate, as opposed to the thousands of items on gaia.

Even if said Artificial Inflater did not buy up all the items, other users with the item will see the item being sold at a much higher price and expect the same amount of money for their own. Artificial Inflation complete. The item did not get more in demand, but by a willful act by one user, the value has been jacked up.

This very thread is subject to artificial inflation on the Roleplay Potions. Scribblez starting buying up the potions all over midorea for twice their going rate, and as users started noticing this, they all raised their own prices. Now, just DAYS later, the actual value of the potions is universally acknowledged at the higher value, to where they go for the ridiculous price of 3.5k compared to their original 1k value in a thread like this. Is every user at fault for this inflated price? No, of course not. But the price has gone up nonetheless, and it all started with the willful act of one single user. Once more, Artificial Inflation complete.

Like I said, Artificial Inflation DOES work, and is not hard to accomplish.

On that note, and on topic, I'll offer 1.3k for your fire potion Wink

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Ah, my work here is done.
Miss Oppai

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote        

@Sweet: I thought I'd noted your offer in my first post? I'm getting senile. Anyway, I accept the 550 and sending the scythe along.

@OMG: ??? I'm not sure why you're apologizing about the Katanas; My items, that I'd put up for sale, got bought out by the AIers for the normal price within seconds of my posting it during their attempt. (my 59k vs their 100k) They were constantly buying the lower ones, which included mine, in hopes of jacking up the price and getting the difference. Maybe it's sad for the AIers, hoping their change would stick, only to have it go back to their normal price within a few hours, but I wasn't crying when I made such a fast sale at such a slow time of day for that site. Twisted Evil

I'm giving an example of one incident out of several I witnessed while vending. Actually... that happened several times. I've seen it done with different collectibles.

Since you were in a vending guild (perhaps the T3h one?) , you may have even seen someone dropping hints at attempting to use the short term method and it horribly backfiring on them. Also I think I know who you're talking about... Actually there were a couple of people like that.

We're both right; I gave an example of short-term AIing in a marketplace-style system, and you're giving an example of long term and how it can be exploited on a smaller community, which, frankly, I could only take a wild guess on because I haven't actually experienced it firsthand in a small community. That'd pretty much become a monopoly. I've only experienced it on a larger site and with a more anonymous system too. (I avoided exchange like the plague) You pointed out that it'd be much easier on a smaller site.

Nonetheless there's LOTS of examples of AIing for different methods and different situations, but some things that seem like artificial manipulation could just be economic instability. The only difference is that one runs the risk of sticking OR backfiring on the manipulator, and the other, well, stabilizes.

I miss long-winded economic discussions like this, even if it is about a game's economy and not the real one.

Offer noted. In case Gwendlyne doesn't want to buy for 2k I'll consider yours.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
I appluad you Miss Opai. After I read what he posted I was expecting to have to step in and solve some e-drama(as most would have taken what he said in the completely wrong tone). Thank you for your maturity. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Miss Oppai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote        
@LOL: I'm flattered! Cool
I can see how someone would think he was attacking, but he was being just as straightforward as I was in my original post, no petty jabs used or anything.

I usually don't get into extended discussions online because one can never tell when people will take any disagreement as an attack on them. They're also pretty "my way or you're wrong." The whole point of discussions are to learn different aspects and relate to whatever it is you believe/support/know objectively. It's refreshing to get into one and not have it explode into a flame war.

@OMG: Gwen bought some potions, so let me know if you still want to buy for your offer price and I'll send the fire over.