Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Do you like games?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

Water_Magician13

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:46 am Reply with quote        
Ofcourse Midorea is ot going to be a gaia!!!

Because gaia is much more cool and have alot of funds and have like rally etc.

No offense but that's only my opinion!!!!!! Sweat

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote        
Midorea does not want to become like Gaia in any way. We want a tightly-knit community where users aren't afraid to ask the moderators questions and where people actually know one another. Gaia started out very well but turned into a very souless community and though there are good aspects of it, the community is nearly the opposite of what we want here. All we want is a fun place that allows people to enjoy the site and make friends; we don't want thousands of users that spam and troll to get the next big EI.

Gaia has good aspects, and so does Mido. Turning Mido into Gaia would merely ruin the sense of community, which is the most important thing I think. If I want tons of items being released weekly, then I'll go to Gaia. If I want to have interesting conversations with users that won't judge me based on my avatar, then I'll stay here. It's as simple as that.

Onto the subject at hand, however. Games would certainly cause a turning point in our marketplace and community. They would be very fun and interesting, but for now, I'm happy with battling monsters. That's fun enough for me, and I get items and silver. Cat is even going to give the BatSys a face-lift to make it better.

Transcendence

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
oh a face lift would be lovely! I would like to see pictures available for all the monsters. I notice some are just blank.

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
glimpse

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think having games would be a good idea in most senses. I mean, maybe like chess or checkers or something, but really even then I don't know...

I think the revamped battle system would be good enough. (: As long as people get into PvP battles, it'll [technically] be just as good as 'fishing' with other people or other games like that.

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Maverik

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
Why not have the games reward a small amount of copper, instead?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
That's been suggested, and I think it's a good idea. However I really think the battle system is enough for now. We're not even very popular. *hinthint*

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote        
At first I wasn't sure why the people who were against the games were so very against them (ie: reading the first post that said "I'm against them.") but after reading the reasons why I'm definitely in agreement. It does take away the whole point of Midorea; it's mostly community based and as for games the battle system does more than just suffice, it's a hell of a lot of fun! (The face lift sounds awesome too! Happy )

I can see how it would take away from the community and becoming the next Gaia would be very bad. Having been to the depths of the internets and seen the people who do the trolling (it's the land of trolls after all, and there Gaia is despised for being seen as a place full of thirteen-year-old retards going "omg kawaii desu ne ^_^_^_^" (that being the stereotype, though from what I've seen sadly a lot of it is that, be it trolling or not. It's not too bad for me, especially since I was like that once too, but for trolls, ooooh man it's just a breeding ground for trolling)) I can say the further away from Gaia the better.

I like that this is a thriving community where people know each other and actually hold conversations on the forums. It makes it seem a lot more welcoming and friendly; it was insanely easy to just post here and feel like I'd been coming here forever, despite it not even having been a week.
The mods are really approachable and friendly too, they really are just like other users, and that they comment on what they're doing, what's being worked on and the likes really makes you feel involved and like your suggestions and comments are heard. And it helps you to appreciate all they do. In fact, I'd like to say thank you now, since they deserve to hear it more often for everything they do~ Happy Bouncy Heart

Oh, yes, almost forgot: I think the idea for small amounts of copper would be a good idea if games were indeed implemented. Sort of like the Fun 'n' Games forums~ Happy

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
laniparis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, that sounds awesome

I'd play, *Grin*

Especially with a Midorean Theme

I was Goosed
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quote        
MelancholyMelody~ wrote:
I like that this is a thriving community where people know each other and actually hold conversations on the forums. It makes it seem a lot more welcoming and friendly; it was insanely easy to just post here and feel like I'd been coming here forever, despite it not even having been a week.
The mods are really approachable and friendly too, they really are just like other users, and that they comment on what they're doing, what's being worked on and the likes really makes you feel involved and like your suggestions and comments are heard. And it helps you to appreciate all they do. In fact, I'd like to say thank you now, since they deserve to hear it more often for everything they do~ Happy Bouncy Heart

This made my eyes all watery! ;3; ILU <3

MelancholyMelody~ wrote:
Oh, yes, almost forgot: I think the idea for small amounts of copper would be a good idea if games were indeed implemented. Sort of like the Fun 'n' Games forums~ Happy

^THIS is a fantastic idea. Though I don't forsee Midorea getting flash games in the near future, if we ever do I like this idea lots much. I think it's a perfect compromise. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
laniparis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 am Reply with quote        

That sounds like a great idea

About the copper games MelancholyMelody

I was Goosed