Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:21 am Reply with quote        
I just started working on a pair of new OCs. So some of the names have not been decided on yet. And I need information from my lovely friend Niee before I can add too much about her mecha pilot who is the speed mecha pilot Eris is referring to in her personal log.

Erises Mecha /Eris

And now for me to shut up and get to the story.

"Captain Eris Callan of the 247th mobile unit. ID 12569 Open personal log please" The screen before her quickly lit up and brought up her personal log. Eris wrinkled her nose, let out a sigh and leaned back in the chair in her cockpit. This log wasn't going to be pleasant; she was about to report her first failure. That damn speed mecha's Pilot was good. "Too good", she thought to herself as she started.

"April 17th 2345. personal log 212.

I'm unhappy to report that we failed to capture the target. What should have been a routine snatch and grab of the enemy's newly developed TS-519 series speed suit turned into somewhat of a farce. We were completely unprepared for this level of combat. The pilot is every bit as skilled as myself.

The good news is, the damage done to TS-519 was more severe than expected when Bishop was finally able to get a shot in after cornering the pilot. However, they deployed some sort of camouflage device and was able to retreat before capture. King is now analyzing data acquired from the confrontation and will be sending his report as soon as he finishes. I plan on compiling the visual logs from Jareth to headquarters as soon as I return to the base.

I am looking forward to confronting this pilot in battle again; next time, I will not fail.

End Personal log 212"

She leaned forward, one elbow on each knee, her chin cradled in her hands as she thought to herself. It had been a while since her unit was so challenged; and by a single mecha pilot at that. She knew she would meet that pilot again eventually, and she would be prepared. Eris sat back up leaning heavily into her chair as she ran over the details of the battle again. She knew as soon as she was back at base she would be playing the visual logs again to study this new pilot.

"Eris, where are you? You should have been back at base an hour ago, I need to recharge your power cells."

She was soon startled out of her daydream by a boy's voice. The sound of his soft young voice echoed through the cockpit and pulled her back to reality. She blushed and bit her lip. How was she supposed to tell him that she had run out of power on the way and was stuck? Her suit was laying flat on its face in the mud about thirty miles from base. She started to open her mouth to respond but then sighed and turned off communications. She suddenly didn't feel like responding. Her suit was well within a district controlled by the international rebel forces. It would be fine if she just laid here and brooded for a while. Besides, it would be healthy for her to be alone to just think about things for a while. The guys were great but they left her little time for herself to think.
    Eris let out a heavy sigh and stood up. She carefully felt around in the dark of her cockpit, looking for the handle to the small drawer that contained a pair of civilian clothes that she liked to keep with her. She found it quickly and pulled them out, then sat back down in the chair in her cockpit. Without power there was no AC, which tended to make the cockpit a rather uncomfortable little oven. The thought of pulling off her heavy pilots uniform and struggling into a tee-shirt and lightweight pants in the dark was extremely appealing at the moment.

Just as she had finish pulling off her uniform and was searching in the dark for her tee-shirt the lights flickered on. The monitor flashed to life and her Mechanic Kayne's face flashed across it. She sat there bent over the arm of her chair and stared at him like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car. Kayne, on the other hand, had started to yell angrily but almost immediately stopped and turned a bright shade of red. He looked away quickly and mumbled an awkward apology. Eris was slightly mortified and yanked the tee-shirt over her head and plopped back into the chair properly to face him.

"You can look now." she grumbled setting her foot on the console in front of her. She would have loved to have beat the crap out of Kayne right now but it really wasn't his fault and she really couldn't hold a grudge long. "How the hell did you get my power back anyway?" She asked in a bit lighter of a tone. Her eyes were still trying not to focus on his.

"Because I'm a genius." He replied. His young face still flushed bright red. "Why the hell did you hang up on me!!?" His expression quickly changed as his thoughts shifted to Jareth. "Your Power Cells are completely dead Eris!!" He leaned forward getting his face close to the screen. She could see the little twitch of his left eyebrow as he started to lecture her about her abuse of her Mobile suit yet again.

"Oh come on Kayne" she waved her hand at him brushing off his angry words. "I just wanted a little time to myself is all. I can't even change in my damn cockpit in peace anymore." She kicked the console with her boot, trying to imagine it was his head. She was starting to get angry, though she really didn't have much to be angry about. Kayne seemed to have that effect on her a lot lately. She wasn't exactly sure why, and honestly she wasn't sure she really cared to think about it to much.

"I know Eris, but you really need to be more careful. This may be *IRF territory but it doesn't mean you and Jareth are safe. I don't want my Pulse Emitter in the hands on Zarptica.... or you either." He blushed again though Eris was to busy pouting to notice. He wasn't sure if he was thankful or disappointed she wasn't listening to him. "'The Rooks should be there in bit to help tow you home. Why don't you get out of that cockpit and wait. It must be really hot in there and I wasn't able to get enough power for more than a few minutes."

"Fine. But I better have cold beer waiting for me when I get back." She snorted, annoyed. She switched the monitor off and climbed out of her seat into the main area of the cockpit. She hadn't even removed the key from the ignition plate.