Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 243, 244, 245  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Let's Go Flower-viewing! {PLEASE READ FIRST POST!}
Fallain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote        
(I don't mean to interfere, but I'm not having any trouble reading Squids text, maybe it's your screen setting?)

@Squid: *looks up* oh wow, that's amazing, did you make it?
Squid

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote        
    (We came to an agreement that I can bold it. I just can't remember if only two or three codes are allowed, and I couldn't find it in the rules, so if someone let me know so I can change it if I need to.)

Squid nodded and smiled at Fallain. ''Yeah, I did. Want me to show you how?''

Fallain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
@Squid: *carefully turns the doll over in her hands and nods* yes please Smile Oh, So how are you doing today?
Gladde

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Username: Gladde
Character Name: Zhi
Sex: Female
Clan: Earth/Di-Qiu
Bio: Zhi comes from a family of two brothers and one sister. She is the second oldest of the siblings and has worked hard to earn her education. She is trying to work her way up to a fairly prestige postion in the Tu Di-Qiu’s court. Being one of the eldest of the children, she has had more responsibility helping out with the family than the younger ones and has developed a rather serious and mature demeanor. Nevertheless, she makes sure to take time off for her own sanity and well-being. When one gets to know her better she is actually a bit of a joker and likes to play around, enjoy the company of others, and fishing.
Image/Description: She has shoulder-length, light brown hair, which she usually keeps up in a ponytail with a light green ribbon. She has dark green eyes. In her hair she has two little bundles tied up in green and blue beads. For the festival she likes to wears brown shorts that go down to her knees, brown sandles, and a decorated green top. Around her waist, she has a slip of white silk. For when the days are cooler she has a sort of coat that has a dress like appearance to it when she wraps it around herself. She also has a straw hat that she likes to carry around with her.
Other: None at the moment

-------

Zhi walked past the crowds gathering in the main area of the festival. It was a gorgeous day and she loved the fact that her clan had allowed all to come and enjoy this rare, peaceful event. It was interesting as she walked past people or those obviously from the different clan courts. She had never seen some of them before and that was what made this day especially exciting.

Slowly she made her way out of the endless sea of stands and people and eventually made her way to the hills. From there she meant to go to the lotus trees and sit under one. Around her shoulders was a large satchel, which carried a book, her coat, and a sturdy stick that she meant to use later as a fishing pole. It stuck out from under the flap of the bag, but Zhi didn't mind.

She entered the lotus tree orchard. All around and under, people were sprawled about and engaged in either admiring the beauty of the trees or in conversation. There were a few stands in the same area. Some sold jewelry and other items. On her way towards a fruit stand, she paused to look at the jewelry being presented by a young woman.

"How much is this ring?" Zhi inquired.
Squid

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
    Squid sat down next to Fallain and picked up one of the fallen blossoms, plucking the petals and setting them down the grass. Tentacles reached for the petals as they were needed, starting with two petals at the bottom and folding more petals over them until it was a couple inches long. Squid then took a small length of braided grass - the tentacles had been working on their own to braid it - and tied it around the top of it.

''See? Easy, right?''

(I'm heading out to dinner now. Ta guys! Back later!)

Rei Ann

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
(( I've been noticed yay!))

Rei looked up at the women in front of her trying to figure out who to answer her without speaking. She grabbed a small note pad out of her bag and wrote the price down and showed it to the women. One the paper it said three sliver.

Gladde

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
For a moment, Zhi thought perhaps that person did not want to sell to her. But when the woman started writing on a pad of paper, she realized that this person was either mute or under some sort of vow of silence. The woman showed her the writing and she read it.

3 silver was what it said.

Zhi nodded and reached into her satchel. From it she took out a smaller bag and opened it up. Out of it she took out three coins and placed in on the stand. The strings of the money bag tightened again and as she put it back in the satchel she pushed her straw hat up with another hand.

Then she turned her attention back the the woman.
Rei Ann

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
Rei after make sure the coins where real, hand the women a ring, with a small velvet bag. After she handed the women the ring, she put the coins away in her money bag. She then looked back up, watching everyone around her. She didn't see anyone else approach the stand, but the day was young.
Gladde

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote        
Zhi took the ring from the woman at the stand. She looked it over for a moment, admiring its shine and simple design. After she had finished staring at it, she slipped it onto her finger.

Glancing back at the saleswoman, she noticed that that this one was perhaps a bit bored while she looked out at the people.

Zhi cleared her throat. "What clan are you from?" She asked. There was no hurry to go anywhere.
Fuzzey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote        
Username:Fuzzey
Character Name:Candie
Sex:Female
Clan:Neutral
Bio:Candie is a young outgoing Japanese American.She's very sweet,playful,energetic and sometimes clumsy since she's always running around.She loves going out,usually alone of with her best friend,but loves making friends.She's easy to get along with but sometimes can be hyper yet annoying for being so young.She has a bright colorful style,just like her personality.Her mother is fully Japanese and is always urging her to wear her Kimono since she's always going to festivals,but she refuses and is not fond of them since she's always tripping.
Image/Description:[x]
Other:Candie is really,REALLY energetic.Don't be surprised if she trips over you x3

As the cheerful festival went,Candie stumbled into the festival,almost falling.She quickly stopped in an empty spot in the grass and caught her breath before going on.

((Sorry I really can't RP but i'm trying my best DX))

Rei Ann

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Rei blinked, she wrote down Mizu on another piece of paper and handed it to the women. She wasn't much for talking it wasn't that she didn't know how to talk, it just she didn't like to talk so she acted mute.
Angel

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
      Username: Angel
      Character Name: Mizu Shio
      Sex: Female
      Clan: Water/Mizu
      Bio: Shio was born into a life of slavery. Though she was indeed a "pure blood" of the Mizu clan, her lack of parents drove her to the lowly preforming arts.

You see, Shio is a child of lust. Her mother and father were together only by impulse desire, and she was spawned as a part of this. When Shio's mother, Kutao, told the man of this, he immediately denounced the child and ran her mother off as a common whore. Her reputation in the clan was shattered. After months of living on the streets and soliciting her body just to get by, she became very, very ill. Unfortunately, Kutao died giving birth.

When Shio was found, she was quickly assimilated into the Water Clan's traveling circus. As a pure blood of the clan, Shio had natural powers in the art of water manipulation. This power was quickly developed into an astounding talent and, furthermore, the final act of the shows. Many people across the lands of Midorea know Shio for her grace and talent.

You'd think this fame would bring her joy, but this is an unfortunate no. Her real yearning is to be a warrior of the Water Clan, but she knows her place is in the circus. A lowly performer. But believe you me: she gets all the fighting she needs from pubs, taverns, and the streets when her acts are done. Though most know her as a graceful water manipulationist, quite a few know her as a strong and short-tempered bar fighter who's always looking for a scrap.
      Image/Description: Link.
      Other: Do note her name is "Shio". I hate how when I use Japanese names, which are last name then first, people call them by their last name. >.>

Shio stamped hard on the man's foot, throwing her might into the blow. The man howled with pain as she then whipped off his toes and lept into the air. She quickly spiraled around and focused her energy on the canteen on her belt. The cork shot off and a jet of water shot out. She quickly flicked her wrist at him, then snapped it back. The water sliced through the air and cracked like a whip, smacking the ragtag attempted-pickpocket square in the head.

His eyes crossed and he fell as a tree in the woods. Shio gracefully landed on the ground, her toes gently tapping the street, not even causing the dirt to muster. She quickly reigned the water back into her canteen and popped in another cork, all the while giggling uncontrollably.

She slowly walked over to the man, her long blue skirt flowing as water, the beads clacking together seemingly in harmonious rhythm. "What are you all looking at? Can't a girl defend herself when someone tries to steal her coinpurse?" A small grin crossed her face as she continued to the defeated thief, no beginning to reawaken.

She crouched down next to him and whispered in his ear softly, "If you ever try to steal from me again, I'll put you in a hospital." She quickly pulled out a small knife and cut the tie holding down his own pouch of money. She grabbed it and quickly slid it into a fold in her skirt, then stood. "Consider this compensation." She laughed aloud then turned, ready to walk off in search of a more challenging foe, but stopped.

"Can I help you?"

Naked for absolutely no reason.
Gladde

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
The young woman wrote again on her pad of paper. Mizu was what she wrote and was apparently the name of her clan.

Zhi nodded. "The Mizu clan. I am from Di-Qiu." She smiled and bowed her head slightly. "It was a pleasure to meet you. Perhaps you could find me again when there is no more money to be had for the rest of the day. If not, then farewell."

With a tip of her hat, she walked away towards a fruit stand.

((Ooc: I need to leave, but I will be back later.))
Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
Lindsay wandered away from the food stands. She slowly continued wandering towards the trees when a sparkle attracted her attention. She looked to see what it was and discovered a jewelry stand. As well as two woman. She walked over to get a closer look at the jewelry.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
(( Later then))

Rei watched the one women leave and then looked over to the new women who had just arrived at the stand. She stood there wondering what would happen next.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 243, 244, 245  Next