Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote        
Well Sade the site is still new and You and Aaya seem to come on at a time that is a bit later for most people. In my time zone you are posting at almost 2 am XD

But I hope we can get more users for all the hours of the day and night.

Embrace the depression
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote        
Hiro- I'm generally on almost all the time, so, meh. I just forget to post half the time. I only post in threads I know I'll get a response in or just post to get silver. I try to stay away from the dead threads. xD

Though lately I've been finding that I can talk a ton with LUF. Still trying to find roleplay partners for one x ones that are interesting. I need to run a few ideas by a few friends to see if maybe they'd enjoy a little blast from the past or a few ideas.

I only have one fan rp that I really really really want to do; problem is finding someone who isn't a complete douche that will roleplay it with me. You know how it is, you have one fandom and all of a sudden you are dealing with mary-sues, gary-stues, and any other color of the rainbow that's got direct connections with the original cast through your idea has nothing to do with it.

I'm hoping I can convince one buddy to play, but I doubt it. No one else I know has joined Midorea either. :<

A lot of folks got turned off of forum stuff due to the teen angst/drama/lack of inspiration/lack of communication/etc. It's why I left Gaia anyway. >>; Too many ankle biting pains in my arse. <<;

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
Hiroku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote        
Well honestly if you post to me and I know you did then I will respond. . . XD

I dont like ignoring people because I have turned into what I am because I was annoyed at people ignoring me. So yeah. . . I decided that if I was gonna be so often ignored I would be so me that I would be unable to be ignored. . . XD

So far. . . its effective.

Embrace the depression
Chere and Rose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
I also get the feeling this place is dead sometimes.
Maybe it is 'cuz there's a small amount on members??

Hiroku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
You can look at the members list by going to the site button at the top of the screen and clicking on Memberlist. We have a lot of members. . . however the issue seems to be that most of them only posted a few times and then left.

Embrace the depression
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote        
It seems to be a pretty vicious cycle. Everyone always posts then leaves after not getting a response. There aren't a whole lot of people on yet because this place hasn't reached an international level like gaia or like subeta.

Once people from the UK and Spain and shiz find this place and start posting, it should be a lot nicer, I think. It won't take too long before people start picking at the place with a fine toothed comb and really finding that the users that do remain active are awesomesauce.

Generally, I try my best to get back to people in my own threads as fast as possible. So far I seem to have made friends only with the mods, though. :< THIS IS NOT COOL. I have one or two non mod friends, but but but still.. ;A;

Hopefully soon, I'll be able to make even moar. Just gotta get people to start ordering art from me. I have so few quest items that I need and so many expensive ones as well, that it'll probably be a while before I close it up or anything. *le sigh*

Transcendence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote        
well, i must say that so far it seems pretty dull here. meaning it isnt super duper active. I like it that way though. In a way. I mean with big sites you get lost in the shuffle many times. i am just trying this site out for size though.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
Transcendence - Exactly. Places like Kinsaki or Gaia just get so overly abused that it's a wonder anyone can even be somewhat noticed.

AT least here, when you post in a thread, you can keep track of it in your posts. Though a subscriber area would be pretty cool on here, that way I don't have to hunt through all the fun and game forums I posted in to find the actual forums with conversation that gains me silver, if you know what I mean.

Embla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote        
I'm glad someone else noticed it aswell ;/ it was kinda depressing, almost 1000 members and only a few on at a time. I do spend most of the day peeking on and off and will get 10 people on the forum tops. Its a very wonderful site, with lots of things to do 0.0 So The only thing I can think is that the people who stopped showing up where gaia users and they got fed up with the "post for money" thing and left (I witness this alot on other avvie sites, you get the people who "Think" its like gaia and arn't satisfied). Personally I prefer places like this, its comfortable and every speaks full sentences and its not too crowded so you can pay attention to people in threads and be heard. I also like earning my items the good old fashion way, that way when I do get that pair of socks I've been saving for or those wings it feels like a BIG accomplishment =D Making my avvie more meaningful overall~
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote        
I agree, Embla. I've found very few forums where people don't just piss me the hell off, you know? Oh god, it's so aggrivating when people get it into their heads that they have every right to be complete jerks for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

And the bigger the site, the more likely you'll get more whiners. Especially if it's from ALL OVER the world.

No offense to anyone who live in France or Europe or anything, but on another site I frequent, they're the only ones that cause the most drama and bawfesting over everything. :/

I've never met someone from Europe or France in person, so, I won't try to clump everyone in that category. But I've met a whole lot of whiners that make want to punch them in the stomach.

heyy13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
I'm australian! The site is international maaan! xD

It's funny you find that because in my experiance the majority of the people i hate on forums are american. Infact 99% of the fucktastic individuals i've met online were american. So i'm interested to know what site your talking about... >__>;;

But it's like everywhere, the're are awful people and awsome people. Of any nationality or upbringing.

I'm only a member of mido and gaia. I'm not an ava site person. But what attracted me to those two sites was the art, and community. And what keeps me on gaia is the art i can buy from other users and the friends i've made.

In a way i do wish mido was more active, but in another i really like the fact it's slow. And i have huge pm convos with angel alot so i usually have something to respond to when i log on. :3

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote        
I've only had one bad experience from an Aussie (And then there was the guy PRETENDING to be Aussie. Oh god that was hilarious) and it was...

DUN DUN DUN.

GAIA.

That's where I always had the most problems, or with MMO games. Namely elitists and jerks that need to get their butt kicked royally. Neutral Normally I did it, but that didn't work too well with their little fanclubs. 9_9;

AHEM.

*coughcough*

God I've not been here in so long I feel so bad. ;A; Valenth and pokemon owns my soul right now. I just bought platinum yesterday and been playing NON FREAKING STOP. <3

DistortedBrwain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
Seeing as I started to become active about a week before the event that is going on now, it has been pretty busy on here cuz of the event, but even during the even you get "dead" moments on here with not a lot to only me being online. So I wonder what it will be like if there isnt even an event going on. =O

I also notice that it isnt really busy here cuz of how slow the marketplace moves. XD

I like small communities though since everyone can get to know everyone very well and you get that close knit community feel. ^^ Most avi sites I go on there arent a lot of people, and it really gives you afeeling that well...you matter, that what you say matters, since you dont drown in the crowd when you post something. XD
Urboros

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
this place is dead early in the morning for me which is upsetting as I like to do things at night.

events always bring me out too, I juggle so many sites once in a while my attendance to one site will suffer.

You know I hadn't noticed that Kinsaki was over run, i just assumed thats how it was suppose to be. ._.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
All I hope is that Mido still gets some traffic after the event. D; I love feeling all rushed, moving from thread to thread to thread so that I can talk to different people. It's really fun!

However, things like Gaia's forums are just insane. Mido's activeness during events is really fun, and being a bit more active than this all the time would really make it great.