Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote        
Maybe I just come onto Midorea at the wrong times, but, for the life of me I think the only person I've held a conversation with longer than one post is Chu.

When the mods post more than the users, that's kind of sad. D: I say there should be more posting, more conversations, more interaction with users! This is just really really painful to look at in all honesty. No one seems to interact with anyone else here. I know it's new, but it appears that it's been up for over a few months now?

I suppose I could try getting my friends into it, but not a lot of folks are into the entire 'OMG GONNA KICK JOO BUTT' aspect of this. I, personally, don't like fighting other people, merely for the fact that, as a 'noob' character, I get targeted by people who are 'muwahaha easy pickins'.

I've already been challenged not a day into the game, what the heck? I like generally getting to know people more than just, well, twiddling my thumbs and hoping that I can somehow get more items. That's probably what draws me to avatar places like this. I enjoy the interaction with other people mostly.

I suppose this is more of a complaint thread, but I'd like to discuss it with you. What do you join sites for? The community? The artwork? The artists on the site that sell their services? What about roleplaying? Do you join to find more roleplayers then converse with them offsite? Do you preffer messengers to forums? WHAT?

Just go ahead and drop a line. I'm here for a while longer and I'll be here tomorrow (it's about one am for me now) central time. ;D

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quote        
Well it's pretty late, but Midorea is a pretty small community.

I've only been challenged to PvP battle once I think on here. Then again my character is pretty bad ass and intimidating. xD

I generally decline PvP requests. You don't get any items items from it, and I don't believe you get any silver form it, but I could be wrong.

If you're looking to talk to more people I suggest Teh Refrigerator. The hangout threads in there are pretty active and that is where most active users post.

I go to avatar sites for the community and being a girl I have the innate need to dress up dolls damnit. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
Moving to the Midorea Community Chat. ^^

XD I talk too much. I have the highest post count on here by far and while Mido was more active, I'd still reply to just about every new post.

Midorea is terribly small, which is a shame because it's a great site. We need to advertise more, and keep people here. Like every other place, it's the most active during the daytime and during events.

We opened to the public back in October while not many people are on websites like this, so it's no surprise to me that we're not very popular. I think that once summer starts up and more people get online, we'll get more active. In the meantime however, we just have to work on spreading the word and bringing friends here. Cat only just recently started advertising on other sites after all. Sweat

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote        
Chu just enjoys talking. A lot. xD

You've just got to find a person who has the time. Most people are busy with school and such, so they can't get on too much ^^"

Post especially in popular forums, so that people are likely to respond :3

Most of us talk in a few specific ones, because that's where are friend are at. Like for me, if I want to talk to Lindsaypooh, I'll post in my No Name hangout, because she's always lurking there, and she'd be more than happy to talk with anyone :3
She's shy about posting in new topics, so she just sticks toward one she knows I'll find her at.

About the battle challenges, maybe the person was curious about what would happen. The first time it came out, I clicked it on my friend to see what would happy, I never really wanted to fight him. It was pure curiosity of a new feature. Maybe that person was new and didn't know what would happen.

Oh, and if it's about 1 am-ish your time, don't except a whole lot of people, Eastern Time- that's pretty darn late and same with Central, especially on a school night x.X

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
Oh yeah, I'm on EST, so your post was at two AM my time, and I know that a lot of people here have about the same times as I do.

And battle challenges? I doubt the person thought you'd be easy pickings because you don't get anything from PvP battles. ^^; Like Demon said, they were probably just curious.

Mella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
I try to get onto avatar sites as much as I can, but my life is getting pretty hectic because of school ^^;;
I try to be on as much as I can when it's the weekend/holiday, but weekdays are always hectic ^^;
Then i'll have to start volunteering...then get a job...and I still have soccer...xD;;

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
Arikana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
I've just been really distracted from chatting much, I've just been behind the scenes much.. Sweat

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
@LUF - I know it's small but but but buts. ;A; IZ RONERY. ESPECIALLY AT THOSE RANDOM 2-3AM TIMES. XD I'm so weird, I know, I blame my insomnia for my sparratic times. Otherwise I'm drawing so much that it's hard to multi-task. Especially if where I draw I get disconnected every ten minutes or so due to a horrible pchat server. :< It's one of those pchats that's always left alone, so there's not a whole lot of fancy coding in it. Which is great, I don't get bothered and only my other close friends show up. xD

@Chu - I am Aaya and I approved this move. I didn't know if it would work well in which one... And I think it's awesome! I love it so far, even though the battles with monsters are painfully long.. I went over 42 rounds with a freakin' gargoyle. D: I was like, 'NAI. STOP MISSING YOU DUMMY'. My grandmother gave me a funny look. Haha. Yeah, I suppose summer is the best time to get into things, but sadly even during the weekends it's been pretty quiet around here. I suppose it's what I get for being out of highschool and being all old and stuff. ;A;

@Angelic.Demon- Aaah, I understand that perfectly well. I find myself always posting in places where I feel like I can express my opinion without being judged. I've posted just about everywhere on the general thread forum, I should probably hang out else where. I like hte 'your post' option, it helps me keep track with what threads are just dead and which ones are active enough to where I can post something. Though most of the time, it seems that it's gotten to where I'm like, ".... Okay, BATTLE THINGS OUT OF BOREDOM AND PRAY I DON'T DIEEEE". Should probably stop slapping things around with bare fists, though..

@ Mella- I used to be on all kinds of avatar sites, but I generally forgot about them or something, and just ended up quitting them almost a week after joining. Unless I find a lot of friends or really interesting threads in the community of any chatsite, I don't care how cute or cool the pixel art is, I generally quit. Like Gaia, I have seal slippers and demon horns and all kinds of stuff, but I don't really play it anymore. I keep my items mainly because they're mostly gifts or things I paid real cash for (donation items).

@ Scribblez - Typing your name made me hurt myself. I kept thinking I was typo'ing. xD Pssssh, TALK MOAR WOMANZ. TALLLLK. Just kidding, I know you got your hands full dealing with all the coding, recolors, additional items, and site updates with Cat, so you're excused... THIS TIME.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah I don't suggest using your bare fists. Get some copper from the fun n' games forum and buy a newbie weapon. Battles will much quicker that way. xD

I tend to be on at really random times too, so we can comfort each others boredom. >3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
BUT I'M NOT FUN. I'M SUPERFANTASTICALICIOUS. *shoots self*

Hmm, I probably should. I just wish I knew more about what I should do. I went to the newbie store just to look around, and I can't really see much of anything. A lot of images are broken for me, I don't know if it's my net or if it's the site's coding not being completely finished yet (NO RUSH THOUGH DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT).

Battling seems like it can be fun. It's just really a one click, read, click system, I'm glad it's not as complicated as others. Though at first, I thought of the pvp or monster thing kinda like an RO server. You know, pixelated monsters or something, but that kind of coding might take for freaking ever.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
There's currently no images for the things in the newbie store, so it's not your computer. :3

Battling is fun during events when there's special monsters and drop items. >D

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote        
I CAN HAS EVENTS PLZ!?

Seriously that sounds like loads of fun. Do you guys have any idea when the next event will be? I know you're like, in charge of it or something you awesomesauce folk you.

I'm curious, so curious as to when and where and and and *whiiiiiiine*

I'm excited. I love events. That's the only thing I still do on gaia, so long as it's not some stupid Halloween event. They lost their touch there, but I like the valentine and orphan stuff. xD

*coughcough* Anyway..... >>; What kind of drops have there been? Like the cape and stuff, or are all the ancient relic items purely donation? I can't remember what's what on my MAD..

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote        
Just about any all behind, behind, or all around item is an EI. XD You'll just have to look at MAD or the price guide for that.

You're using weapons to battle, right? Sweat

The date of the event isn't completely planned yet, however it'll probably be near the end of April or May.

Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote        
I CAN HAS EVENT FOR BIRTHDAY!?

My birthday's May 30th. I probably won't do anything, so YAY ALL DAY ON MIDOREA.

But srsly? D: Well, so far all the event items I want are all winter items except for the black cat, which is optional and more of a 'just because it's there' item. I think there should be more cats. D: CATS ARE CUTE. CATS ARE AWESOME.

CATS COSPLAY FTW. *shotshotshot* Seriously, I need to get my butt in gear and start designing furry stuff, like anthro ears, tails, etc. I'm sure a lot of users would join as well just because they can look like Fuzzy McFluffernutter. xD

UUHM. WHAT WAS I SAYIN.

Oh yeah, I bought a newbie weapon finally after posting a ton in the fun forum. And a repair hammer. Though I have no idea how to work it xD.

I'LL FIGURE IT OUT THOUGH. I WILL. I KNOW I WILL. EVENTUALLY. >W<

Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
Sweat I have a bad habit of coming and going on pixel websites. I try my best to keep up with midorea on a daily basis lately. BUT Now I have a position on Jadarea as a pixelists so even if I wanted to be here I cant >.<

The next event will be in spring so very soon =D