Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
Ok, so I'm going on my trip in less than two weeks... I"M FREAKING OUT! Dx

Can you guys help me with what I should bring, or else I'll forget everything.... xD

Oh, don't say cell phone or MP3 or any other electronic, I'll get kicked off the trip if I bring those >->

Help please? D:

::Shop::
Vickicat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
Bring a toothbrush. LOL. Actually, if you've got a laptop, bring that. Is this like, a trip out of town or whatever? That's pretty lame that you can't bring those things. What is the harm if it's not classroom? I personally wouldn't go on any sort of trip without my phone. It's unsafe, you never know if you will need your phone in an emergency.
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
It's a class trip, and she doesn't want us to be absorbed in our phones instead of getting to know our host family.
And it's out of the country, and international costs a lot xP

I think I'll remember that, I forgot one back in October and had to get a cheap one from the hotel >->

Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
Your own soap and shampoo ;>__> and depending on what country its to I'd grab one of those water filters you snap onto a sports bottle just in case.

Make sure you have a change of clothes in your carry on in case your luggage gets lost.
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
Smart... xD

The water will be fine xD
Or I'd have to get a shot... >_>

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote        
I'm terrible with packing too. XD Bring stuff like Tylenol, Midol, or any allergy pills. DX I'm prone to getting the worst headaches when traveling.

Um... bring a book or two in case you get bored? Or a journal if you like to write.

And if you have long hair, god oh GOD don't forget to bring anything to brush it with or hold it back. DX

*always forgets the essentials*

EDIT: Oh yeah, travel-sized umbrella, clothes for rain OR shine, and lots of socks. :3 Haha.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
I have to bring with me a heavy jacket, apparently it's really cold there >_>

Books! That's what I was blanking out on! xD

Azel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
Make sure you bring a camera with plenty of memory/film... and an adapter to charge the battery, if the outlets are different (you can buy them at most electronics stores and airports).

I'd also bring a journal or sketchbook so you can write things down... lots of cash... and LAYERS. I went to Greece in February once and it was a lot warmer than had been predicted, so I didn't need my coat at all (and I should have brought more sweatshirts). And comfortable walking shoes.... you don't want your feet to hurt!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote        
books, games, sketchpad... its hard to keep bordern away when your waiting to get somewhere

click the egg
Vickicat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Angelic.Demon wrote:
It's a class trip, and she doesn't want us to be absorbed in our phones instead of getting to know our host family.
And it's out of the country, and international costs a lot xP

I think I'll remember that, I forgot one back in October and had to get a cheap one from the hotel >->

I'd still sneak a phone for emergencies, and not use it for anything else. >_> I think my mother would kill me if I went anywhere, even just ten miles down the road, without my phone. Let alone to another country. But yeah, the price of calling should deter you from using it for socializing anyway. BTW what country are you going to?
Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote        

Well, you'll need the basics, a couple changes of clothes, nighties/PJs, tooth brush, tooth paste, maybe some accessories. Bring your own soap just in case, and shampoo and conditioner, should you need it.
Bring your own towels, in case you don't like the ones provided. Maybe a PSP/NDS, laptop if your allowed. A good idea, if you like to read, or if its a long ride/flight, bring a couple books to read, or magazines if that's your thing. I'd also pack some snacks, like trail mix or a plastic bag of cereal, don't bring fresh fruit or veggies, they might go bad unless you eat them right away, something small that can fit in your pocket for the ride/flight. Oh, maybe a fruit, banana, orange, apple, etc. Bring a drink, in a bottle or something that won't leak, water is better, but you can bring pop or juice. Use old water bottles or travel bottles, or maybe even a thermos to carry it in. Sandwiches are a good idea too. Keep them in a coat/pants pocket or a backpack, so they don't crushed or squished.

Oh yes, do bring a cell phone for emergencies, in case someone gets hurt or you get lost and need help. Bring some emergency money if you have it too, just in case. Any important cards, like health card, etc. Leave credit cards, if those get stolen your in trouble. Cash gets stolen, its not that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quote        
Oh? And where is that trip to?
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote        
Vickicat wrote:

I'd still sneak a phone for emergencies, and not use it for anything else. >_> I think my mother would kill me if I went anywhere, even just ten miles down the road, without my phone. Let alone to another country. But yeah, the price of calling should deter you from using it for socializing anyway. BTW what country are you going to?

-cough- I don't have a phone -cough- >->
So that's another reason... xD

Kitty; I learned the hard way about shampoo and conditioner, you can't get any out of the freebie bottles they give you >->

No electronics allowed on the trip, No MP3, no laptop, no phone, no nothing >->

And I'm doing the homework I"m missing on the plane ;P

Kattie; My French class is going to France and Belgium for 10 days ^-^

Kattie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote        
Ah...forget the "really cold" comment, then. I just checked, it's not like you're going to freeze to death. It's rather warm, actually. I mean, for early March. But the temperature is still changing, so you might need to take a warm jacket and an umbrella, just in case. And don't forget your dictionary.
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
Dictionary is the first thing to go into my bag xD

And the phrase book I'm making :]