Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vixie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote        
ok i know most of you probably don't understand the british humor but i'm british so YAY.... lol so does anyone out there like british shows such as faulty towers, gimmi gimmi gimmi, monty pythons flying circus... etc!??

my favorite shows are:
Only Fools & Horses
Open All Hours
Gimmi Gimmi Gimmi
Faulty Towers
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Porridge
Top Gear

click the egg
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote        
Black Adder is <3

My all time favorite is The Fast Show though, I freaking love it! xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
ariyaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote        
    It's been a while since I saw any British comedies. Probably because I don't really watch BBC Canada at all and I don't think any other channel plays British comedies. That stuff is gold.

I loved watching Blackadder and Monty Python's Flying Circus. Although I'll have to say, the Monty Python movies where awesome.

I also really loved Red Dwarf. My brother has all the seasons on DVD done in our basement. I should rewatch it when I have the time.

I also can't forgot the show that introduced me to British comedies. Are You Being Served? I think I was in elementary school or something when I first saw it, but man that show was awesome. I still have fond memories of the whole department. Good times.

Gladde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote        
LOL UR FACE wrote:
Black Adder is <3

Oh my gosh, I love the Black Adder show. My brother brought it over from his trip in England and I've probably seen it 2-3 times now. My favorite sections are the later ones, the Queen Elizabeth time and forward. It has been a while since I've seen it, but there are a few scenes that stick out in my mind.
Detarra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
Spaced
The Black Adder
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Absolutely Fabulous
The Mighty Boosh
My Hero
Red Dwarf
The Young Ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
lol looking through the replies in this thread I was starting to get worried when no-one had mentioned anything that had rik and ade in it. (well in that they were main charcters at least XD.)

Let's see I regularly watch;

Blackadder
Red dwarf
Bottom (incl. tours)
Young Ones
The comic strip presents
The Dangerous Brothers
The new statesmen
Filthy, Rich and Catflap...

Erm nothing else is coming to mind right now XD Yeah all stuff that was way before my time, lol I'm nearly 18 ^^'

Art done by Crow Happy
Vixie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote        
oh my gah!! how could i forget about black adder and the young ones Bouncy Heart

click the egg
dreamer676

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote        
lol i like blackadder bcause it's something new but I'm not overly fond of it XD

I also thought of a new one; Teenage Kicks. Everyone was making out that that programme was crap, but I found it really funny ^^. Maybe I'm just easily entertained XD

Art done by Crow Happy
Venri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not really into the 'newer' comedies, I'm more into the oldies like ~

BlackAdder
Faulty Towers
Are you being Served
The Thin Blue Line
Keeping up Appearances
Open All Hours

And others like that, though it's annoying how much British comedy has deteriorated over the years =/

But over here in Wales we tend not to mention how much it's gone down hill heh, we just switch on G.O.L.D and watch the oldies =P
Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quote        
Hm...Actually, I loved IT Crowd. Happy Pity it was so short. Allo, Allo was great, too. :3
riddle.me.this

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
Flying Circus is amazing, I became addicted to Red Dwarf a few years ago and now watch it whenever i get the chance, and you gotta love the Mighty Boosh. Unfortunately i've only been able to get my hands on a couple episodes of the Might Boosh, but oh well.
sarcasmismysecondname

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
I really like Green Wing, it has to be the funniest hospital-show ever Happy
Little Britain is hilarious too, and if I had seen more than one episode of black books I could say it's a good show too, but for all I know the first episode might have been funny while the others are boring, who knows? :3
Kylana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote        
Fawlty Towers and of course Flying Circus... I haven't kept up with newer ones, but I did enjoy Spaced and Hyperdrive (as short as they were).
newdivision

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote        
Every Saturday I love watching Keeping Up Appearances and Are You Being Served? on PBS. Cool
VampireSoul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote        
I don't know many of them and I don't know the ones I do know well.
My best friend had this phase where she was really into all these British TV shows and she showed me some episodes of them. They were

Black Adder
Alan Partridge (not to be confused with The Partridge Family for my fellow Americans and other races out there. NOT THE SAME THING).
The Coupling.

I have seen more episodes of Black Adder than the others, she had me watch an entire DVD of them because she had rented it. So I agreed. I enjoy a number of British actors including the two featured in this show that I am familiar with; Hugh Laurie and Rowan Akinson(pardon potential mispellings, I get my name misspelled more than most people can probably say, so we're even lol).

With the exception of Alan Partridge which I found to be extremely stupid I found them all very interesting.