Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fulkth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
I was spanked as a child, but I don't believe in it.
Mostly because my parents did it for the wrong reasons.
...As in, if I didn't get straight A's.

And, I learned absolutely nothing from it.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
I've been spanked before too.

I don't think spanking a child for every little thing they do wrong is okay, but I don't think that its necessarily BAD to spank your child, so long as you don't go overboard with it. My sibs and I have all been spanked growing up, and I (I'll reserve judgement on them X3) have turned out okay. And, yes, I know its wrong to hit people, even if they DO make me mad. I also have no signs or weird defects that stem from "abuse".

A quick swat with the hand that isn't meant to leave a mark or really hurt them is okay. But hitting them with anything else or anywhere else besides the bottom or hitting them repeatedly I don't agree with.

And, if I ever do have kids, they will be spanked if they misbehave past a certain point. Not viciously, not for stupid things and not often, but they will still be spanked.

@Fulkth: Yeah, that's ridiculous. No arguments there.

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
ecco

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote        
im with you on this one, kimi.

i dunno how it is other places, but here in the UK i see SO many teenagers, children and TODDLERS disrespecting their parents in public, or just generally being rude or harassing members of the public who are just trying to get on with their damn lives.

my theory is, if a child isnt raised to understand treating people badly has bad consequences, they'll grow up thinking they can get away with acting however the hell they want. i see some parents who yell at their kids just cos theyre crying. that i dont agree with. however i saw a boy toddler being mean to his sister, his mum told him to stop it and be nice to her and he turned around and called her a bitch, right to her face. im not being funny... but if that were my kid, they'd get a slap.

Alyssia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Do you think parents should spank their children?

As long as it doesn't cross the line of abuse I don't have any issues with it at all. I kind of snicker when I see parents doing it cause it reminds me of all the ones I got growing up~

Would/do you spank your children?

Yea, I think I'm going to...not to say that's the only method of disciplinary action I'm going to take though.

Do you believe that spanking causes repercussions such as character or social development?

If its not crossing that ever present line then the answer is no, I mean obviously repeatedly whacking your kid across the head will cause issues later on in life...but across the bottom with a palm shouldn't be a problem

Were you spanked as a child?

Yes I sure was, not all the time though, I got scolded, time outed, grounded, allowances with held, outings revoked too.

Where exactly is the line between spanking and outright abuse? (If you believe there is one.)
A hand to the bottom, a house slipper to the bottom, fore fingers to the mouth, maybe a small wooden spoon or two....I got all of those. But beating so severe that a child can't sit down properly for days, or the face being swollen for extended periods, let alone marking of any kind are totally out of the question.

Over all I feel like disciplinary actions are taken in levels, the misconduct should be matched with the punishment, no more no less. Spanking will be apart, but surely not the whole. I was spanked growing up as were all my family members and about half of my friends. We all turned out fine....well I did and so did my family...I can't speak for all of my friends though~ Either way if used in moderation with fitting circumstances I feel its fine.
Madam Kira

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote        
I've seen children who don't get spanked, and how they turn out to be, and for the most part, it's not good.
I was/is spanked, and I think I turned out just fine.
The line between punishment and abuse, when it starts to leave permanent marks.

Imaginative Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, I do. What else are you supposed to do if the brat is misbehaving.. seriously though. they screwed up your Vag, and made you go through all that pain so I think they deserve to be spanked if they choose to not listen. >3>
Hart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote        
I'm going to jump in here and say something on this.

My younger brother and I were both never spanked as children and I'd say we were definitely much more behaved then all of my friends that were. I'm not saying no spanking was the reason for this, but if I have kids, I'd like to raise them like my parents raised us, with the absence of any hitting. My brother and I (particularly my brother) turned out wonderfully without that sort of punishment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
I was spanked as a kid, though only rarely. It certainly wasn't a pleasant experience, and I'd hope not to have to do it to my children, but sometimes it's really the most effective way to make sure the kid WON'T do whatever it is again. My mother hit me with a wooden spoon ONCE, too. Only once. After that, all she had to do was get that wooden spoon and wave it at me, and I'd immediately drop whatever I was doing and run and hide in my room. That sort of thing sticks with a kid.

It also depends on the parent doing the spanking, too. Some people are capable of administering physical punishment without it becoming abusive, and some people just aren't.
Asymmetric

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Quote:
Do you think parents should spank their children?
Would/do you spank your children?
Do you believe that spanking causes repercussions such as character or social development?
Were you spanked as a child?
Where exactly is the line between spanking and outright abuse?

I think spanking should be used as a way to scare kids. I'll explain myself... When I was a kid and did something wrong, I did get spanked as a form of punishment. But it wasn't a rough spanking, or something that went on and hurt a lot. It was just something scary, because it was a way my parents usually didn't act and I knew I had disappointed and made them angry. I think I've been raised well this way, and so I think it should be used on other kids because it does help. I have cousins who didn't get spanked, and some of them are really spoiled, not all but I think it has something to do with it.
If the spanking is done with one of those spanker things or with a belt, then it will hurt and burn and leave marks and I think then it would be a little abusive. Your hand is enough to make a kid feel it and get scared into learning his lesson.

Well, that's what I think from personal experience... I think kids nowadays are in a really bad need of a spank, haha. Specially my little cousin, they give her everything out of pity and it sickens me because she's becoming a spoiled brat... But when I complain about it they think I'm either jealous or mean.