Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Mikhail

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
Haven't seen one of these, so I'm popping a thread up for everyone to post what sort of lovely little trinkets they collect. =D It can be something traditional, something out of the ordinary, ANYTHING!

I collect cell phone charms to put onto my awesomely pink Nintendo DS. I like to buy them during special occasions so that each has a story to it.
Gladde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
I've gone through various stages of collecting. It has been rocks to little statues of fairies and dragons to, recently, postcards and key chains. The latter is something my brothers and my dad help me with. Whenever they travel they bring me a key chain so I have lots from different places in the world. One of my favorite is one that my Grandma got me from Hawaii, it has a picture of a pink/purple sunset and palm trees.

And I guess another thing that I collect, although I don't really consider it that way, are mythology and literature books. I've been gathering them up, even if I haven't read them yet.
Mikhail

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote        
I used to collect various things too, such as penguins. XD
But this year's obsession is cellphone charms.

And postcards are really cool. I like looking at them, but I don't have a place for them.
Gladde

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote        
I actually liked collecting postcards more than key chains. I'd use my peg board to post them up, but I ran out of space so any left over postcards are stashed somewhere in my desk or room Sweat

When I was younger I collected the Beanie Babies. My older brother also had a few of them and I would sneak into his room to look at them :3
Mikhail

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Oh man, I remember the huge thing with Beanie Babies. That was insane. XD

I wanna be like my gram with collecting. She collects angels, so people usually give her some sort of angel paraphernalia for holidays. She usually gets me penguin stuff, since I still love the buggers.

Another thing I noticed... I like a lot of black and white stuff. As much as I like colours, monochrome is so classic and overall appealing.
Lunar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
I've recently started to collect Turtles and Tortoises Smile
They're my favourite animal(s) and I hope to one day own a Tortoise of my own, though unlikely I can dream, right?

So I'm collecting all sorts.. I've got.. sand paperweights, a playmobil one ( Cool ) Crystal ones, and a beautiful Wade one.

I'm also starting to collect peoples art with them in on Deviant Art <<; Bit dorky, haha <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
I collect cat people figures. XD
So far I've gotten.. 10. My newest one is the Ame-comi Cheetah figure.
And also I collect tattoos. Mainly the oriental dragons, I've got TONS of those. Too bad I never see them in the little 50cent tattoo/sticker machines anymore. D:

And recently I started collecting pokemon stuff. Well, Espeon, Umbreon and Vaporeon. I'm thinking of selling them though. Waay too expensive.
I mean really.. people jack up the prices for the eevee evolutions.
Like this one time someone was sellling 3 figures. All from the same set. The first figures where 6$, and then the one that was an espeon was 15$. :/
[/endrant]

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Gladde

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote        
@Mikhail- Heh, yeah, it was amazing how much hype went into those things. They were quite adorable. My favorite was a tiger named India (I still have them, just in a box).

Another thing I tend to collect is figurines of dragons. They had my favorite mythological creature. Although I not collecting anything of that made of plaster or hard material. I usually end up chipping or breaking them apart Embarrassed
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote        
I collect Disney Pins. I go to disneyland at least three times a week to pin trade. Only certain characters though.

My two main characters there's very few pins of which are Percy(the pug from Pocahontas, I <333 pugs) and Christmas Belle(I only collect her in her red Christmas dress or with her fur trimmed red hood).

My big collections are Tinker Bell and Nightmare Before Christmas. :3

MY FAVORITIST PINS <3(in my collection):

Mikhail

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
I collect pins too! =DDD
I lov the little buttons with funny sayings on them the most, but I bought a few pins from Disneyland of my favourite characters, like the Cheshire Cat.

Back in high school, we used to have to wear lanyard with our ID cards on them so that people would know we went to the school. It was a security thing. bt it was a real mess when people were sent home because they didn't have their ID cards.
Anyway, because of that, my friends and I all started decorating the heck out of our lanyards with a bunch of buttons. Sometimes we would trade buttons too. But maaaaan I love those things.
Twinklestar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote        
I collect Elephants XD
They are all around the room.
And the stuffies are on by bed.
Also collect frogs and turtles.
I really can't stand frogs in real life, but statues are just toooo adorable hehe.

Kushina

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote        
I use to collect rocks, then I use to collect pokemon cards, like every one else. now I just collect Manga.

I have different kinds of them, that I like, I have more than my sister, who use to read and collect them
Quatre Vingt Quatre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote        
Like virtually every other child, when Pokémon cards came out, I collected them. Then, later on, I started collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards when I was I think 10 or something. Now, I collect cute little buttons to put on my purse. I have nine or ten, I think, and I plan to get more when I go to an anime convention in May :]
Mikhail

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote        
Dood, buttons are good for your souuuulllll.

I don't know how I ever lived without the funny little sayings on them. Especially true since I can't wear my funny-sayings t-shirts to work, and it makes me sad not to because I love making people laugh with my shirts. So the buttons on my lanyard help with that.
I even had some guy come in and tell me he had a big box of buttons he was willing to just give to me. XD
linkfreak131

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
Beanie Babies. =)

I don't think anyone really collects them anymore, But I just love the little guys. ~<3 I don't particularly care for the newer ones, though... >_>