Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
dried mangos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote        
-What do you think is an acceptable age of pregnancy? And Why?
At least 18+. A new parent should be mature enough to handle the situation, and be able to keep a steady family without having to worry about school and such. (Unless college)

- What relationship is suitable to bring a baby into? And Why?
A safe one. Nobody wants to see a child born into an abusive family. A loving one also, parents that don't show affection or praise towards their child are horrible in my eyes.

- Is it right to be pregnant while still in your teen years? And Why?
If by teen, you mean 13-16, then no. Teenagers have school and other things/issues they need to be dealing with, definately not child birth.
Nemui

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote        

I dont really think there is a right age to be pregnant.Me i was 20 when i found i was pregnant and turned 21 half way through it. [im still 21 by the way] I would have to say the smart idea would be to wait until your at least 18+. Anything under that your just not ready. your body maybe ready but seriously a girl under 18 is not stable and mentally ready for a baby.

I believe the right type of relationship should be one that is financially okay and mentally okay. they should be able to get along and work out their problems. You don't want to bring a child into a relationship, where one always leaves or there is fighting. You want something better then that.

Honestly i dont think it is. Teens aren't ready to be mothers or fathers. Your still in school, half of teens don't have a job so they have no way to support the child. and not only that they just aren't Mentally Stable for it. Im 21 with a 3 week old baby and even i have trouble with her and the things i have to do. Throw that on to a teen who is in school and she will go crazy. Its just not a good thing in my opinion.

[/list]
Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote        

I'd said Mininum age should be 20, younger women are often not ready to have a baby.
But really it mostly depends on a womans mental health. If they feel like they are ready for a baby, if they aren't below there teens at least, let them have a baby, as long as they have a partner to support them.

Having a baby with a partner is very important. Its hard for one parent to raise a child alone. Financially and otherwise. It can be a big strain, my mother divorced her husband and raised me alone, so I should know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote        

Well My mom raised me a certain way, I wasn't aloud to date till I was 16 (and even then I didn't date) and she herself didn't get pregnant till she was at least 26 (I'd say 23and up) and had a house and a stable money source before bringing a baby into the world. As her child I see my parents relationship as the Ideal, even if I don't realize it myself. So many people around me are getting married and having kids only too be divorced a year or two later. It saddens me.. I also heard on the radio or something that some percent of couples consider the first marriage the "Starter marriage" the one they mess up on and learn from there mistakes. This saddens me because I always thought that when you married someone you did you always tried to make it "The one".

I was rejected for a 15 year old by a guy I absolutely adored , he was 20 and I was 19.. not only that I found they where engaged (the day I confessed no less). It broke my heart and I actually got a chance to speak to the girl and she was going through all sorts of teen angst. So I got mad, mad that he would make her promises at such a young age when both there futures where not set in stone, mad he was even mentioning marriage to a minor (even though he intended to wait till she was old enough). Needless to say that relationship didn't last, but it reminded me of all the hardships of being a teen. I really don't like men and women who think of things like marriage and babies at young ages. But I admit part of me is HELLA cynical from my experience and the fact many of my young friends (including my jobless cousin) all are pregnant or married.

Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote        

I, myself am 19, and I haven't even had sex yet. I've seen other girls at my highschool who were going to class pregnant. It saddens me deeply that they would do something so stupid at such a young age.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote        
I think when a person has a stable home, enough money, is mature enough, and has a nice environment and family to raise a child then it is ok at whatever age the person is.

Any sort of loving relationship, if you are a single mom, then so be it. If the child has a loving parent that can provide for them and nurture them, who is to say any different?

I don't think it is right. Though it is happening more and more these days. I think that a teen is in no way able to understand their actions which is why they got pregnant in the first place. Unless they were raped of course. I don't think a teen has the ability to raise a child the best they can because they are still a kid themselves. They don't have a stable environment they will bring the baby up in to a world that caused them to get pregnant in the first place. An immature and young mother can not give a baby what it needs to thrive.

- Anything else related. And Why?
I hate how teens are becoming pregnant earlier and earlier. A girl in my old high school was pregnant at the age of 13. You cant tell me that that is acceptable! She was part of a orgy. Not cool. What happened to having a nice childhood. I swear in the few years that it has been since I was a freshmen...things have gone down hill.
Antheia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
Adiieu wrote:
Okay, so Midoreans . The age of pregnancy.
Discuss this :

Remember, be polite and consider other's feelings.

An acceptable age to be pregnant at would, to me, be 25.
I mean it's acceptable at any age from 19 and up to me, but the best age would be about 23. Because then when your child is entering the teenage years you aren't too far out of the times, and aren't too exiled from what's going on in your children's generation. You are more in sync with your children, and are, therefore, more able to explain things with them, and be their friend as well as their parent, to guide them through the crazy times ahead.
Any relationship (gay, les, bi, straight) is acceptable to me, but I am against hitting children, it doesn't solve anything, if it does anything at all it teaches them hitting is okay, and therefore makes them more violent.
A loving and equal relationship is needed to raise a well-off child in. Violent relationships where the couple is always yelling, not speaking to each other, or even hitting each other is not a good relationship to be in, it is bad for you, and for your child and you need to find someone else.
Reason for my statement of what is that I have two parents who are now divorced, they used to throw things at each other, hit each other, and scream profanity all the time. They never talked anything out because my mother never wanted to. My mother is a drunk, who can't see even the slightest bit past the beer bottle, she used to steal from me and my brother whenever she found that we had any bit of money. She would scream at us when drunk and hit us occasionally.
My brother, though he'll never admit to it, is still somewhat traumatized by this haunting fact.
Our mother outright told us that she didn't love us, we were the very worst thing that had ever happened to her, and that she wished us both dead, or just not born.
My brother isn't over it, he probably won't ever be, but I've come to accept the fact that she loves her alcohol more than she does us, because if she can't stop for her only two children, who will she stop for? She won't even stop for herself, and that's the end of it, if she won't stop for her blood-related family, her (now) ex husband, or herself, than there is no one on earth that she will stop for, and I accept that.
But my brother and father are still haunted by this, and don't understand how she can do such things to her own family, just for the sake of being intoxicated.
And neither I, nor anyone else can explain it to them.
The best explanation I can give them is that the addiction to it is not physical, which means she is physically dependent on the alcohol to keep her happiness levels normal, at a normal persons level.
Eventually she'll need so much of it to keep them that way that she'll have to get more and more money and go poor, and not be able to get it, and therefore quit.
And she'll probably come crying to me, rather than to my dad, or my brother, because neither of them have any sympathy for her in the slightest bit, my brother might, but he doesn't have the finances to support her, and he probably never will, he's very shy and refuses to get a job.
So when that happens, she'll come crying to me, thinking I'll support her, and i won't, I will shun her away.
I love her, because she gave me life, but that is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, reason I love her.
I hate everything about her other than that.
And that is NO place to raise a baby or child in.

Being pregnant in your teen years I would have to say is bad for both you and the baby, because when you could be out having fun, you have to take care of the baby once as it's born, either that or you neglect the baby.
I'd say wait until you're older if you're planning on having a baby at 19. But that doesn't mean I find it unacceptable to be pregnant at 19, I just think it's better to have a baby at an older age, but not too old.
As long as you have the finances to keep yourself, and the baby afloat than I say what does it matter if you're a bit younger than most?
Popsicle_.:-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote        
This discussion is of typical newspaper stories-How old are you meant to be for sexual intercourse being allowed?-Is probably the posh way of saying this.

Introducing a baby is a big step in life. Some people don't mean to, or even want to do so. There is a big difference between wanting to have sexual intercourse, and wanting to have a child.

My personal view is that the time anyone should have a child is once they are happily married. My cousin has had a baby, and her boyfriend ran off the minute he realised what they had done. It is for the child and the mother's sake that I say this.

No child should have to be put through living without one of its parents through no fault of their own. Its not right. Its not fair.

Teenagers going through school years can often be unstable, and this can lead to intercourse. But I am not defending them for forgetting to wear a condom. Thats their responsibility.

^Wow. I wrote a lot. Sweat

And I'd just like to add, this is coming from a 12 year old girl with severe attitudinal problems. Rethink a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote        
Popsicle_.:- wrote:
This discussion is of typical newspaper stories-How old are you meant to be for sexual intercourse being allowed?-Is probably the posh way of saying this.

Introducing a baby is a big step in life. Some people don't mean to, or even want to do so. There is a big difference between wanting to have sexual intercourse, and wanting to have a child.

My personal view is that the time anyone should have a child is once they are happily married. My cousin has had a baby, and her boyfriend ran off the minute he realised what they had done. It is for the child and the mother's sake that I say this.

No child should have to be put through living without one of its parents through no fault of their own. Its not right. Its not fair.

Teenagers going through school years can often be unstable, and this can lead to intercourse. But I am not defending them for forgetting to wear a condom. Thats their responsibility.

^Wow. I wrote a lot. Sweat

And I'd just like to add, this is coming from a 12 year old girl with severe attitudinal problems. Rethink a little bit.

Actually, its not that bad. I never got to know my dad, so not knowing doesn't bother me. And now I don't think I'd want to. I was attacked by a strange man, which caused my depression, so I have an aversion to men.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote        

I would like to say any age is acceptable as long as they are ready for it and can support the baby, but then that's saying that someone my age (13) is an acceptable age to get pregnant. I'd have to say.. 16 or older as long as they are able to properly support the baby AND themselves.

Any steady relationship, with a partner that you can trust (you don't want anyone walking out on you). There also should be NO violence because that is not the kind of atmosphere and mood you want to teach the baby or they could grow up to be violent.

If you are sure that you are ready to make such a commitment, and if you're sure you can support the baby, it is right.
KeinLeben

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Even though back in "the day" girls used to get married, pregnant and start families when they were 16, theres just something that creeps me out when I see someone under 20 with a bulge in their tummy. I used to have English class with a girl in 9th grade who was pregnant and it was disgusting. She was 15, didn't have a boyfriend, lived a literal trailer trash life, that's not someone that I would look at, especially not at that age, and think "hey yea, there's a good idea. That kid will have a good life." Girls need to be older and understand life before they can bring one into this world.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote        

I think all life altering decisions should be at 26+, not because of mainly science saying that's when you're officially an 'adult', but because a lot of times, when a woman becomes pregnant, they're never ready unless they're married and want kids. Otherwise, single parents (Unmarried single I mean) generally have kids by accidents due to lack of birth control. At 26, most folks are either married, have a steady enough job to be able to support at least a one child household, or are intelligent enough to know "Can I actually take care of this child?"

I don't really understand this question honestly. Obviously a good relationship would be the best. Two parents and the children. Single parents have it extremely hard, and generally kids end up either troubled or extremely distant from their parent when there's only one, especially single mothers. A two parent household is the generic ideal family. And note, I didn't say 'a man and a woman'. So don't start biting me at being against gay families. D<

Excuse my language. But hell. Fucking. No.

No offense to any of you teens that are pregnant, but any of you guys thinkin' about it need to just bang your head against a wall a few times. You guys can't even take handling your parent's authority, school, and possibly a job. If you get pregnant, that's one more person to scream at you and frustrate you and make you even more stressed out. Most teens that I have seen pregnant end up either having an abortion, or making their parents take care of the baby. I live in TN, so it's fairly common to see middleschoolers walking around with watermelons, seriously. And I feel so apathetic toward it now. It's your own fault for making that decision, and your parents fault for not teaching you that you shouldn't be boinking in freakin' middleschool. The only exception I would make for teen pregnancy would be if it was rape and they are against having an abortion. It's not necessarily the teen's fault that they became pregnant in that case, and to me, it's excusable. Teenagers (I mean 17 and below guys) honestly shouldn't even be doing that kind of thing yet. They're still in highschool, they don't have good jobs, they have no way of supporting this poor child they bring into the world. Much worse, is that a lot of folks around here smoke or do drugs while pregnant, so the child's handicapped or a still born.

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
Txenriks

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
Like many Midoreans before me, I think readiness for pregnancy should depend more upon the stability of your decision and situation than a number. One thing that I see with young parents is that they truly don't understand what it is to have a child until that child is born. Some think that the baby is something cute like a pet to care for and make into a "doll" perfected version of what they wish their lives could be. And that's absolutely the best equation for a messed-up kid right there. (besides abuse)

Some teen mothers want to get pregnant because they feel abandoned and unloved. They have this baby not to take care of it or love it, but to have it love them... To have something that loves them unconditionally and in a manner of speaking, takes care of the mother. These people soon get a grim wake up call and have to face the consequences of having a baby too early for the wrong reasons.

No offense meant to anyone. But it is my true belief that a woman has a lot more to lose when it comes to early pregnancy. Boys -could- just walk away in today's society, if they are not responsible. But girls sometimes face the ruination of their lives.
Graymalkin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote        
First off, your text is incredibly blinding, but that could be my computer.

An acceptable age to me would be 25+, I am 18 currently so.. not anytime soon for me.
Age is one factor, not only that but is your body capable of handling a child?
Or possibly two if you concieve them?
Are you mentally ready for a child?
Do you have the finances or aid to help you with this child?
Do you have a stable partner or someone you are with to help you along?
Those things all matter to me as well.

A non abusibe one obviously, one that is understanding to a point at least.
One where the baby can be safe and taken care of,
one where there is someone to care for the child when the mother is too exhausted.
Two caring people whether it is the father or someone else to help with be great.
As for relationship wise mostly just a caring home,
and one where there is definately some attatchment to the child and the woman on the mans part, and vice versa.

No it is not right to be pregnant in your teens.
Yes way back when it was expected but now it is wrong.
Accidents happen or over enthusiastic teens happen.
Or, those who want a kid for god only knows what reasons.
Be it rebellion, wanting a child or just because the did.
I do not think a teenager has the mentality to take care of the child,
nor the responsibilities to know how to,
sure motherly instinct may take over but then again it might not.
I do not agree with teenagers having children,
also because their bodies may not be ready to bear a child and even with the help of doctors...
may lose the child or cause permanent damage to themselves and never be able to reproduce.

I have nothing else really to say other than women should wait until they are 100%
completely ready for the child, in every way possible. Hmph.
This is my opinion, I hope I do not get shouted at.
Not that anyone here would but still... thank you for anyone listening.

BubbleTrouble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think anyone in their teens should have a child, the truth is that you're simply not mature enough at the age to take care of a child full time. At that age you're a child yourself still really, plus you are not fully grown and that can have repercussions on the baby (I think), which is not fair.
I think you need to be an adult really, a mature one at that as well.