Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
LadyKai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote        
Okay, so Midoreans . The age of pregnancy.
Discuss this :

-What do you think is an acceptable age of pregnancy? And Why?

- What relationship is suitable to bring a baby into? And Why?

- Is it right to be pregnant while still in your teen years? And Why?

- Anything else related. And Why?

Remember, be polite and consider other's feelings.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote        
I think if you ask for "why's" then you should give some, yourself. :3 Offer an opinion to work off of… :/ I can’t help but feel that you’re using a mocking tone with the “And why?”’s standing out the way they are. Nonetheless though, I guess I'll start.

A woman, I repeat, WOMAN should not become pregnant unless she is first of all, financially, emotionally, and mentally stable. For a teenager to get pregnant, it would mean obviously that she's not emotionally or financially stable. Not to mention the fact that an instable emotional state could possibly lead to a bad psyche with the coming of a child. There really is no ideal age for pregnancy though because everyone’s different. An immature person shouldn’t be getting pregnant but you cannot define maturity merely by age. Various aspects have to be taken into consideration. Although, my personal belief is that a woman should not get pregnant before the age of twenty four. This is the age when your emotions begin playing less of a key role in your decision making skills; the age of adulthood, in my opinion. Of course a couple needs to have an open and healthy relationship to successfully raise a child – that’s sheer common sense and doesn’t need to be elaborated on.

LadyKai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote        
I agrree completely Chu

but when i say and why
i am not mocking but merely
getting everyones opinions and why that have that opinion
rather than just being like

" oh im against it "

or
" im totally with it"

when i ask and why it gives them reason to explain and go into detail therefore a better discussion

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, because that would be considered spam. Or the oh-so-loved "I don't know."

I guess there's not much left to discuss here then. :/ Unless we get another opinion in on it.

LadyKai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
there is always more to discuss
i feel that when more people join we
will get other opinions and other ways
people look at this type of thing

7luvlysins22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
I second Chu answer, how ever personal my age it 26 since scientifically thats when the frontal lobe of your brain that controls your choice making finally matures to its fullest in most people. Also by then most adult have some time of job and have some kind of incoming plus by then most will have an idea of do they really want a kid or not and if so they can really start to plan if they have all the things a child will need to in the being of the life as well as see if child is something that there partner ( if they have one at is) wants one (or more) and will be able to raise the child the best they can.

But thats my personal view.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:31 am Reply with quote        
@Sins: O: So it is twenty six? My health teacher said that he thought it was either twenty four or twenty six but he said "I'm almost positive that it's twenty four though." ><;; Thanks for clearing that up.

LadyKai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you for sharing your opinion 7luvlysins22 ^^
NaomieKeiko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
In my opinion an acceptable age of pregnancy would be from about 25+ because for one its very risky for teens to be pregnant and even at 18 I don't think most girls are ready to have a child and they definitely wouldn't be able to support a kid. At 25 you've had more of a taste of the real world and I think at that age you'd be less likely to get pregnant because you know what you can and can't afford and have a pretty good idea on what its like to have to pay for all your expenses so you know that you aren't ready financially for a kid because you can't exactly afford to take a lot of time off to raise a kid ^^

I'm going to start of right here by stating that I'm bisexual and I believe that its proper for a child to be brought up in any relationship where there are two partners who care for each other. I think that noone should be able to discriminate people who like the same sex until every child has a loving home and we don't have to worry about kids being abused :3

No- for one its very unhealthy and the risks are a lot higher. Besides that theres the social pressure and you're more accident prone. In your teen years you're also pretty likely to get into fights and imagine the complications a fight could cause. Also as a teen you don't understand everything and are unable to financially support another living being and thats not the sort of pressure you need to be putting on your parents.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote        
I think it would be at least 18. . . I mean there is a lot of crap you go through in your younger years and that age things do start to get more stable. . . Now I realize people will and do get pregnant before this age. And if they can handle it depends on them and the situation they are in.
I think a relationship that is still two partners would be best. . . even if it is a gay couple. As far as a single parent. . . yeah they can do it on there own. My mom practically raised me on and I turned out. . .>_> okay not a good example. . . but all the same she was and is a great mom and did her best. . . But not everyone can do that.
Right and wrong is so much a thing thats left to each person to decide. there is no Universal Right or wrong. Things may be seen by the masses as one or another but it still doesnt mean it is true per say. If you are pregnant then something happened to get you there. It is then the choice of the person pregnant to keep the baby or not and to raise it or not. Is it acceptable? Why wouldnt it be. It is the person who is pregnant choice to do what they want with the body they have. Just cause someone thinks its wrong means nothing. . . if you are alright with it then you can do it. . . Doesnt mean people will accept it. . . doesnt mean you wont have consequences. But when you make a choice you have to deal with the choice you made.
My mom had me when she was still in high school. She finished High school and my "father" left her before I was even born. She chose to keep me ( Mistake XD ) and she raised me and took care of both of us of her own free will. She chose that so that means it was the right acceptable choice. Did people look ill at her? Did people judge her? Most likely people did. But does that mean anything? To them yes but they dont get to chose what my mother does with herself.

So yeah. . . thats what I say.

NEVER D<
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote        
Okay, so Midoreans . The age of pregnancy.
Discuss this :

Well, I think as soon as you can support the baby. But in general, about 18 to 20.
If you have a baby when you're still in school (like a few people in my year did), you can't spend as much time revising, and might not be able to go to university.

For me, I think one where the two people are married, but other than that, a stable relationship that has been going for a while.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think it's ok when you're over 18, but before that, no. But it really depends on the person, and whether they can support the child.

I know a lot of people who got pregnant at 15/16 (a few in my year), and most of them don't regret having the child, but do regret having it so early on, because they couldn't go to 6th form and care for the baby.

[u]Remember, be polite and consider other's feelings. [/u
Merelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
A woman, I repeat, WOMAN should not become pregnant unless she is first of all, financially, emotionally, and mentally stable. For a teenager to get pregnant, it would mean obviously that she's not emotionally or financially stable. Not to mention the fact that an instable emotional state could possibly lead to a bad psyche with the coming of a child. There really is no ideal age for pregnancy though because everyone’s different. An immature person shouldn’t be getting pregnant but you cannot define maturity merely by age. Various aspects have to be taken into consideration. Although, my personal belief is that a woman should not get pregnant before the age of twenty four. This is the age when your emotions begin playing less of a key role in your decision making skills; the age of adulthood, in my opinion. Of course a couple needs to have an open and healthy relationship to successfully raise a child – that’s sheer common sense and doesn’t need to be elaborated on.

You have pretty much stated all that I wanted to say. ^_^

I'm very touchy on the parenthood topic as is. I will say that I have always imagined parenting to be tough, but not until I began babysitting my nephews for my brother and for my sister, did I realize just HOW tough it can be. Once I took that responsibility to care for them, I became somewhat of a second parent to my nephews. Taking care of them has been a roller coaster ride, and yet, I am only their aunt.

So, with that said. It infuriates me to see women running around, age set aside, claiming that they want a baby... for all the wrong reasons, mind you. Their main reason being that babies are "Oh my god, CUTE!". Not only do I witness these individuals making a mockery of themselves on tv, but I witness it on a daily basis in person.

I feel children should be handled with maturity. You are bringing a new life into this world. A life that will depend on you. Are you financially ready? Are you emotionally stable? And most importantly... are you taking care of yourself? If you can not take care of yourself, then how do you expect to take care of your child?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
I'd say around 20 and older would be fine, though I'd prefer if people waited until later, because at that age some might still be in college, or might just be too immature to have kids. Of course, that could be true of any age :O

I don't think teens should be getting pregnant, because their bodies just aren't ready for that sort of thing. Along with that, they probably aren't financially or mentally ready for a baby either. It's a shame when I see girls younger than me walking around with those swollen bellies, and I almost feel kinda bad for the baby. =/

And I'm a bit old-fashioned, as I don't believe people should have kids out of marriage. Something about that just makes sense. I suppose I feel it's a link to your spouse that says, "I'm here to stay." Of course, that may not always be the case, but it's nice to know your parents won't have moved on to another relationship by the time you were born.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
That 26 thing is cool to know o.o

as for me, I'm more...uh, restrictive. Embarrassed

Well, factoring out of school, stable, and hopefully married, I'd say late 20's early thirties. 29 sounds good

married, or VERY close together. Being just teens with a fling isn't good, I don't think so. And I can't say marriage is good either if its forced for the child. I say the couple should be on great terms

no, its not stable, not safe, not sensible, and also, the age, its just too young. I mean seriously folks, who wants a baby at 15?

Well, just to say, use safe methods kids until your old enough! An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure.

As for others, who may have had teen pregnantcy/child birth. I do hope that your doing well...also, give your kids a pinch in the cheek for me. Widdle adorable munchkins :3
Crazy_Gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
-What do you think is an acceptable age of pregnancy?
I dont really think that there is a set age. I mean back in the day people was married and having kids by like 15. Now days its a wide variety of ages. I feel that all depends on when you and your spouse feel its time and that your set to have another one in your family. I mean a baby is alot. It cost money and takes alot of time and effort with them. Its a on going process that once you have one it wont stop. Sometimes not even after they hit 18. You will always help and support your kid so you must make sure your emotions are set and ready for this and that your all set in life with money and how you will change once it gets here.

- What relationship is suitable to bring a baby into?
Im not going to say married because im pregnante and not married. However i have been with my fiance for almost 4 years. We have been living together for 2 and a half. I just feel that its more suitable if there are two. The mother and father both there to love and take care of the baby. However sometimes you cant always have that. Sometimes the mom runs or the dad runs and wants to be alone. I feel again thats all up to the person and how they feel.

- Is it right to be pregnant while still in your teen years?
I am 18. I am 4 months pregnant so technically im in my teen years. Again i feel its on each person i dont feel a 15-16 year old should be having kids however now days thats when they start poping them out.
However most teens are still in there party and do drugs and sleeping around stage and then they have kids and leave them with the parents. Not all is that just teens i know a girl who is 22 and lives at home and is married and they make the grandma take care of the baby.
I dont feel thats right. If your old enough and choose to sleep around and get pregnant then grow up and support it. You dont have to be out of the house. I still live at home but my mom doesnt pay for anything i do. I pay her rent i buy all my own stuff and i pay all the bills that i have. Most teens shouldnt have babies they are not money ok or smart enough to be at a adult level. I learned to work and respect my stuff when i was younger. I lost my dad 4 days before i was 16 and started working since then. I have been at the same job for a year same as the fiance. We work together.