Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Wishing Well
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
Oh sweet, good to know. Happy I'll have to put some thought into something new, then. I love how user friendly this site is. <3

I was playing around on MAD with the raffle wings and I came up with some pretty cute looks. Really hoping I win this now (but I've never won a raffle in my life)! XD
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
Events are fun, so it's hard not to enjoy them. I really like the concept of the one item (besides our underpants) only day type of thing. It would be neat to see what someone's favorite item is that way (well, that they have). o3o I might go hairless and use an 'around' item instead o.o;

The site is definitely user friendly both in the way you use it and also the kindness of the people on it. Some sites have rather horrible management and you can't really talk to the staff at all, while others (like this one) are clearly full of hard workers who also love the people and aren't just in this for donations, but also for the community. It's a wonderful feeling being apart of a site like this <3 I just hope the staff gets along as well as it seems to. I've worked on avatar sites before. Staff communication can be a big problem without others noticing >w< But I doubt that's a major issue here for some reason~ o3o

I should take a look at the raffle wings properly, oops xD

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Which reminds me, does anyone know when the contests for the Summer event will be decided and announced?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry, I've been busy lately.

The staff doesn't have trouble getting along. We're all pretty cool with each other. There are some inactive staff members here and there, but I think every site has a few.

And unfortunately voting for the contests is going slow because of some behind-the scenes issues, and the simple fact that a lot of the staff is very busy at the moment. I'll go remind people to vote right now.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote        
No rush! Everyone's seems to have just started school.

How is engaged life going? Happy
Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote        
Say's right! Offline there's much to do, not just online. Take your time, all of you. Working too hard will make you get sick from the stress >:c

And yeah, all sites have those people who are sorta ghost members over time >w<

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Sad. :< Since school just started, Adam and I haven't had much time together. We're really happy for any time we get to spend together though. I'm actually a little conflicted right now because his family will be going out of town a few weekends from now, and I'd like to spend that time with him. But, my family is pretty much in denial about the proposal. XD So I dunno how they'd react if I mentioned spending the weekend with him alone.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote        
That's good that you both are enjoying the time you do have together, at least. Happy Hopefully once the dust settles a little - with new classes and all - more free time will free up.

What are your guys' living situations right now? Separate apartments at school? Constant sleep overs? The reason I ask is that my boyfriend and i went through similar free-time troubles. Kinda just started sleeping over at each other's places...almost every night. Although we'd only spent a couple waking hours together, the fact that it was a sleep over made it seem like a lot more time. Then of course we'd have the weekends free.

Do your parent's know about his parents going out of town? If you disappeared for a week, would they notice? You are a fiance now, not just a girlfriend or a daughter. You have the power to build up a roaring "Fuck this shit", haha. XD
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
It's definitely good that you're enjoying what time you can with him, but I have to admit, Say makes an especially good point. Though I understand them not liking the idea as your parents, he's your fiance. That's a very unique situation. They can't just deny you being with him forever, if one day he's going to be their son-in-law. They don't have to like him, yes, but they should understand you by far do. There's such thing as over-protecting. That, and you're a grown girl. You should be able to make some of these decisions too. :3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote        
You guys are so supportive. *hugs* Thank you. c:

And we both live with our parents. I only have a work-study job, so I put in eight hours a week at nearly minimum wage. He works part-time and nearly minimum wage. Not really enough for a place to live. XD

I have spent weekends with him in the past. Once, we were planning on going out of town, but we experienced some complications and I ended up just staying over at his house for a couple of days. The other time, I was actually babysitting his little sister while his parents were gone. He was off at work most of the time, and of course I spent a lot of time watching her, but it was still nice.

My mom was uncomfortable with the situation both times, but she's at least reached the point where she reluctantly admits that I can do whatever I want. The only thing actually holding me back is the fact that I don't want to make her even more uncomfortable, in light of the recent proposal. I know, it sounds silly. But trust me, our circumstances are exceptional here. I won't deny that she's overprotective, but at the same time, if you knew what happened to both me and her in the past, then it would be understandable. (I'm sure you could probably guess what it is based on the context here though.)

This is who I am though. I needlessly worry about the feelings and comfort of others and make personal sacrifices to keep them happy. XD I'm not bitter about it, and it doesn't necessarily hurt me. It just makes me worried when I do what I want for a change.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Are you supporting yourself and paying tuition as well? I had help from FAFSA and my parents were willing to help quite a bit, luckily. A part-time job barely covered monthly bills and daily living expenses. Some months I could support rent, but then my grades would suffer as a result. Never worth the extra money.

You could get roommates! Brings rent money down and you make new friends! Living in an apartment was a huge element to my personal growth throughout college. Boosted my confidence in all facets of my life and I got to hang out with my boyfriend and not have to inform my nervous parents every time. Sometimes it's just best not to let them know everything you're doing. They enjoy blissful ignorance when it comes to significant others in college. lol

It's honestly been so long since I moved past the high school self-sacrificing for friends and family feeling that it's hard to remember that feeling now. Not that I don't still do that often, but I began to realize that I was no longer looking out for myself a lot of the time and now better chose the circumstances for which I help more carefully. Standing up for myself and my wishes was the biggest challenge, but I met a red-head from the South and a misogynist friend that helped me find my words. If I didn't look out for myself, why should anyone else?

Summary: Saygen suggests finding roomies in order to cuddle, unguilted, with fiance more. :P Cuddling is fantastic. XD
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
I'm going to pretend I can't guess, or rather, guess and hope I'm wrong because my mind goes towards the bottom pretty quickly with possibilities over things. I hate guessing games, by the way xD

But of course we'd be supportive of you, Chu! We love you! <3

Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
Half way (ish) to the raffle drawing! Weeeee
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yep! It's nice to see a post here today. The thread was getting lonely from lurkage xD

Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
I was. I was thinking about putting a random GIF of some kittens but thought it might be considered spam. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next