Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Smite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
heyy13 wrote:
Never said they did. But it's the ability to learn from your mistakes that makes you smart. ;D
I really doubt she did.

New art in Angels signature that she did sort of proves it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/jazzkitteh/1855702978_e9206f2002.jpg
Original

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/kawaiiMireille-chan/?action=view&current=MidoreaGroup.jpg
From same persons photobucket. =\

Yet again. Art theft is NOT ok! You can not reproduce other peoples artwork without there permission.

Some sites this shit would get you a permanent ban. =\

Buying Gala of the Eloquial Dove Paying 5k silver or 40gold
Ryo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
You can get in trouble for copying someones poses?
My god, art is art.
Ill never get why people get so worked up over it.

Gwendylne spoils me.
Mess with her, and you will pay!
ILY GWEN.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote        
It's different to copy for practice or whatever, but when you trace something and claim that it's your own, it's theft.

Smite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote        

Your obviously not an artists Ryo.

Using someone elses pose isnt necissarly wrong but copying it so faithfully or outright tracing it is. Theres nothing creative AT ALL about copying things.

Most artist have a picture in mind of what they want to draw. Then gather referances to help them apply there image to paper. Not flipping through other peoples artwork till they find something they want to copy.

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote        
@ Smite ~ She's still doing it? D:

Fuck no. I really wish Mido had rules about this. Duh

@ Ryo ~ I agree with Smite and Chu, your definatly not an artist. It's theft. Your stealing something that belongs to someone else and claiming it as your own when you trace or copy something to that degree.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
@ Ryo -> Art may be art, but when someone works hard on a picture, he should be respect for what he has done. Obviously, if your just using a picture as inspiration, your final character won't look exactly the same (i.e having exact same eyes position, exact same length for arms and legs, exact same size, etc.), and in that case, you don't really need to say who has done the first picture, though it's nice to do so. However, if you just copy a picture and trace it, and then sign it as if it was your own and never give credits to the original creator, I really think it's wrong.

I hate seeing that kind of things. I mean, I trace/eyeball a lot for practise purpose, but I always include a note on the side of it saying where I took the picture (but it's mainly for my own reference use, because I don't usually post pictures I've traced). I also make banners on other sites using pictures I found over the internet and modifying them, but if someone ask me if it's all my art, I say no and give them the link to the base artwork if I still have them, or tell them where I found those (<3 Googles). It's the same as saying who as wrote a quote in a text you're making, just a normal thing for creator. ^^

KittinVonTease

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote        
I can relate to being frustrated when you put a lot of effort into a piece of art and take pride in your work and then you see individuals take credit for something that is not originally theirs. I think the way I would handle "calling them out" on cheating/copy is to actually catch them in the act. I know that is easier said than done, but I would just feel like a total ass if I confronted someone because I thought they were cheating and they actually weren't. Plus, they will likely deny, deny, deny unless they are caught red handed.

I know this is off topic, and this makes me sound like a total uptight nerd, but I get really upset when I catch people cheating on tests. I study my butt off and I have a 4.0. On occasion our instructor will let us grade our own tests, so of course, a few people either change their incorrect answers to make them correct or totally erase all of their answers and write in the correct answer as the instructor goes over the test. We all know they do it as they are very proud of the fact and I would never turn them in because it's just not worth ruining a friendship, nonetheless...it still makes me wanna pull my hair out.
Smite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
Actually I found a place that makes it EXTREMELY easy to catch tracers and eyeballers.

Tineye.com

You feed in the image and it searches its database for simmilar images. Of course it doesnt always work but it does the job pretty good xD

Urboros

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah this is stealing not in its finest hour :/ I understand tracing to learn but to post it as you own not right. I had a friend who's art was stolen her name was cropped out and the person who stole it wrote something on the image and then signed their name on it Duh she got their photobucket account banned.

stealing is bad

Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote        
Urboros wrote:
Yeah this is stealing not in its finest hour :/ I understand tracing to learn but to post it as you own not right. I had a friend who's art was stolen her name was cropped out and the person who stole it wrote something on the image and then signed their name on it Duh she got their photobucket account banned.

stealing is bad
You can get peoples photobuckets banned for art theft? I did not know that. Something to remember next time some scumbag steals one of my dolls on gaia.
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote        
People really dress their avatar up to match somebodies art and steal it?

I don't see how else you could steal somebodies avatar art. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
FiendCharlotte

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote        
I think there are many parties at fault here.

the artist for not stating her references

and those who have been name dropping. These people are also on the verge of harassment if you ask me.

I think posts need to be edited to take out the users name and so forth as this whole thread just seems to be an attack on her.

I don't think Midorea would like to be known for attacking other members in such a vicious way

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote        
It wasn't meant to be an attack. I mean, we were talking about it, and someone stated that someone on Midorea was doing this, and we just want to know who it was (though I think a lot of people already have some doubts about it). It just that as soon as you say that someone is stealing arts, they always come back and start bashing, saying that you hate them and try to harass them and stuff, instead of just saying they're sorry for what they have done and won't do it again... which always make the other users angry, and they start saying bad things...

I don't think it was, or is, bad to say who's tracing art, as long as it's proved and done in a not-so-bad way, just like "this person is tracing" without bashing/flaming. I mean, if those people are never warned about it, they will just continue to do it, which is annoying for artists. Plus, those people can always come and try to explain what they did and why...

*getting off topic now...*

Haley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote        
A vibe from a painting? I don't really connect with artwork, but.. I guess I get it from people.. I can just sence them.. Its kind of odd and no one else agrees with my thoughts. But I see it more as I can get a feeling not by their looks or their actions, but i get a vibe from who they really are.. It's odd ^^; ill stop ranting.

As for artwork, I have to say no.. I have no idea :]

The trick to seeing Haley jump up and down, giggling like a school girl isn't a coin. No. It's donating... And Hiro's hugs...
OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Smite wrote:

Ok this is something that has been bothering me for a while now. I get a VERY traced vibe from a certain persons artwork and it REALLY drives me crazy. I have showed it to a couple other people and they agree with me but I can not prove it.

I want to confront the person about there work and at the same time I do not without solid proof. I know if I was ever accused wrongly of tracing I would be extremely offended and I dont want to do that to someone else.

Any advice?

Topic wrote:
When you get that vibe....

Oh, GOD. I don't mean to be off-topic but that was about as far away from what I expected this topic to be about as it could have possibly been.

I feel like a horrible person now. Must be a guy thing. x.x