Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote        

Ok this is something that has been bothering me for a while now. I get a VERY traced vibe from a certain persons artwork and it REALLY drives me crazy. I have showed it to a couple other people and they agree with me but I can not prove it.

I want to confront the person about there work and at the same time I do not without solid proof. I know if I was ever accused wrongly of tracing I would be extremely offended and I dont want to do that to someone else.

Any advice?

Buying Gala of the Eloquial Dove Paying 5k silver or 40gold
Saporion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote        
I find tracers and stealers all the time.

Even with proof. Duh
All they do is say:
"Why do you hate me?"
"I don't want to be enemies!'

Seriously. It's annoying. D:

I suggest trying to find proof. ;o;

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote        
Is there any way to locate the original piece of art?

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quote        

I have exposed a few in my time as well. Most of them just seem to mysteriously never return. Particularly on gaia cause its really easy to disappear there xD

And I dont see anything wrong with new artists tracing. I just dont think it should be passed off as original works. Duh

Chu~~It would take some awesome google powers but the originals might be able to be found.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote        
I've never traced before; I always mess up. XD But I will try to copy a piece of work merely for practice and throw it away once I've finished it. Why take pride in something that you didn't even create? It's silly.

Yeah, I guess that would be true. n.n I just ignore tracers and thief’s but that's probably because art isn't very important to me - I'm sure if it were writing I'd try to expose them too.

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote        

Some people are very touchy about tracing and art theft. To some people like myself art is a part of them and being ripped off or watching someone else get ripped off is really frustraiting.

I traced alot when I was learning to draw. I didn't use any of it for my art but it really helped me alot

I have a HORRIBLE habit of being a little to faithful to my references which drives me nuts as well.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quote        
I understand that. D: It's only natural, after all.

That's a reason that I like writing so much, because there's really no way to "copy" someone's writing style without writing their things word-for-word. :3 You just kinda have to develope your own things.

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quote        

Yes =3

I love to write as well but alas I lack spelling and grammer xd

and frankly the drive.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quote        
I lack spelling, but I think I have decent grammar. xP And the drive? It comes and goes.

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote        

I lack drive for most things unless it involves food, pokemanz or sex.

I wish I could give my sweety some drive though. He tells me so many interesting ideas he has for storys but he never writes them out! I used one of his ideas for a story a while ago and I won first place in a writing contest. I kind of think he should change his major to creative writing.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:10 am Reply with quote        
Ah, I see. What is his major?

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote        

Graphic arts or something like that.

He wants to get into 3D modeling for video games.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote        
Oh, I see. Judging by what you told me, it seems that he could do fairly well at that.

Anywho, we've gotten pretty far off topic here. ^^;

Smite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:30 am Reply with quote        

I think so too!

And yes we did in both my threads!

Whats really annoying me is that I get the feeling like I have seen some of the images he/she has traced I just cant seem to think of where.

OMG I FOUND ONE OF THE IMAGES SHE TRACED!!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:15 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I noticed the other after I posted in here. XD I'm terrible at that; sorry.

Awesome! >: D Proof!