Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
Val simply nodded at Jillian's response though she didn't think it had been noticed. She shrugged and began to wander around another part of the warehouse. She understood why they were there. She managed to find a chair to sit in and flopped down into it ignoring the want to go outside that she was feeling.

"I am going to sit here in this chair and not move from it. Now where is a book that would keep me occupied enough for a while I think." She muttered to herself searching in her trench coat for a book. Sometimes she kept books and other random things in it other times she didn't She hoped this time would be one of those times she had.

Of course after about five minutes of searching and re-searching the pockets nothing revealed itself that could keep her mind occupied from the want of going outside to bathe in the moonlight. So she sat in the chair she had found and muttered struck up a conversation with herself about the time she had caught a squirrel and played with her food.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
Aelita stared down at the younger looking vampire. The fact that Jodi looked young was startling when Aelita remembered that she was actually older than the Russian vampire by a few decades. Whatever. Age wasn't the be-all, end-all super statistic when it came to vampiric dominance. If that were true, then the Big Bad would have picked people older than Aelita and Cedric to run his shit.

"Good," Aelita huffed, "Food is easy. I don't want newbies following me around when I gotta recruit. That's just a recipe for disaster. Even if you think you're too old to be babysat." Aelita turned on her heel and sauntered off, assuming that Jodi was following.

"We'll be heading to the butcher's," Aelita called over her shoulder, her high heels clacking smartly against the tiled linoleum floor, "You'll need a bag. No way am I carrying all that icky stuff if I've got a helper. Hurry up, tiny, we don't have all night!"

----------------------------------

Jillian grumbled at her phone, which was refusing to work properly. After a series of highly technical attempts to coax the phone back into a viable distraction, mostly involving smacking it a few times against her thigh, Jillian gave up and threw the useless piece of plastic and metal into the nearest wall with a bit too much force.

The phone shattered against the metal wall.

"God damn it," the woman muttered angrily, "That was stupid..." Jillian leaned back in her plastic folding chair, staring up at the boring ceiling. Most of the score of werewolves were wandering around or trying to sleep, but from the corner was a steady stream of muttering. Jillian leaned back further, balancing on the back leg of her chair, looking at the new girl.

I get being bored, Jillian thought to herself, but talking to yourself can't be that entertaining...

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote        
Linear, surprised, accepted the sharpie. Was it really okay though, to just write on doors like it was nothing? Normally, that seemed like a bad idea...But then again, this wasn't exactly a normal scenario. So, she nodded and agreed to do as asked.

"I-If there's....um...food in the kitchen...I-I can make...um...something..." She felt her cheeks tingle as blood rushed faster through her veins, her face reddening just from the thought. Would it be strange that she wanted to cook? Linear was used to cooking beforehand, so it felt more natural. Not that she was especially good at it- but it was usually nicer to eat a home cooked meal than one ordered in. That, and she didn't exactly know this area or what pizza places were options. At least, not as well as she'd like to.

The weasel soon caught her attention, and as it waved to her, she giggled and pat its head lightly. "Nice to...Meet you." She mused the words with care, thinking of the cute rodent as a new friend as well. When it scampered off, and Sean spoke once more, Linear smiled.

"I'll...Um...Write name...and...g-give you marker...To do same...A-And then we'll...uh...talk about dinner...or something...again..." She smiled lightly when her hair conveniently fell into her face, her head downcast as she fled to the room she'd found for herself and put her things in. With a gentle hand, she wrote her name on the door- though, whether her awkward cursive could be read was another story. She shook her head as she glanced at it. She really should've paid more attention back when they were learning writing legibly.

Returning to Sean quite quickly, she held the sharpie he'd leant her with a small, cheery grin. She couldn't look him in the eye, but she could certainly show the same triumphant gleam over the marker. She was done, and had a room. Now, it was up to him. "L-Let's...get along well..."

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Jodi hurried after Aelita, the Russian's long legs, coupled with her heels, making her several paces ahead of her. "What kind of bag? Like...plastic?" she asked, giggling. All she pictured was carrying several pounds of bloody beef in a Gucci purse.

"Oi, I'm not that tiny," she said, but still giggled.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeah, no, no food yet!" Sean called to Linear from the armchair, which he'd re-collapsed into, "I haven't gone to the grocery store or anything yet...remind me to do that. Food might be important. Y'know. Just maybe." Sean rolled his head back, staring up at the ceiling, and hid a yawn. Doing nothing all day was surprisingly tiring. Maybe he should have gone food shopping instead of wandering around and laying across furniture.

"Productivity is overrated," Sean muttered at his own thoughts. Linear returned quickly with the Sharpie, and Sean rolled off the chair to accept the marker.

"Yeah," he called over his shoulder as he jogged to the room he'd picked, two down from Linear's, "Getting along would be cool. Because bad roommates suck." Sean scrawled his name across his door, and as an afterthought, added Jasper's underneath.

"So, uh," Sean said as he tramped back into the living room area, "Any...particular urges for dinner? Even a crap city like this has decent food. I know one good Mexican food truck a few blocks away...or would you rather stay in and get takeout? Or head to the store and get food? It's not that late..." Sean glanced at the clock on his phone. No, the sun just set early in the winter. The young necromancer ran over his mental map of the city while he waited for Linear to answer.

"Oh," he added, almost as an afterthought, "Do you, uh, have any nicknames? I have a thing where I shorten people's names, if I can, but I don't wanna do something that's annoying or something."

---------------------------------------------

Aelita threw back her head and laughed.

"You're pretty damn tiny," she said, "Any kind of back you want kiddo. Just make sure it can carry stuff without breaking. If you drop any, you're paying me back. Go on, hurry! I'm not gonna wait around all night. I'll meet you outside." Aelita's long legs carried her quickly out of the school, and the vampire paused in the cool, night air. The full moon was quite beautiful. Aelita made a mental note to keep an ear out for howls, but she doubted that there would be any trouble. Werewolves, when transformed, could smell a vampire further than a vampire could hear a wolf. Unless they were particularly new, they shouldn't attack a vampire out for a stroll.

Speaking of out for a stroll, Aelita spotted a particularly bright pair of shades emerging from the school.

"Hey Trevor!" Aelita called, "Nice shades. Heading out?"

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote        
"A-Ah...No food..." She frowned slightly. So much for cooking! Despite her slight fear of fire, she was pretty good in the kitchen- and so she was slightly disdained by the fact. However, it wasn't the end of the world. Either way they'd eat somehow, right?

"Um...T-To eat? I-I always...Want curry, but...A-Anything is fine really...I...Just like curry a lot..." She stared at her feet. She was often scolded for her tendency towards curry- if she had the choice, it was clear curry would be her only food source each day. "I-I don't mind going to the store or...something...Um...W-What were you...wanting?"

Then, he asked about nicknames, surprising her. She seemed to jump slightly- it was rare someone actually asked. Her sister never bothered (then again, her sister was a bit rambunctious comparatively), and others tended to just do as they pleased- so to be asked was a surprise. Though not necessarily a bad one. "M-My sister...Calls me Lin...B-but I don't mind...In general...I-I mean...Whatever is...Er...Easiest for you...I-Is fine, I think..."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote        
Trevor turned to face Aelita at the sound of her voice. If any sarcasm had been intended in the remark about his glasses, he gave no note of noticing and lifted them off his face with a bow and a flourish.

"Why thank you, my kind lady. They're one of my favorite pairs."

He paused and studied the woman at length. She was striking in the moonlight. Since his arrival, he had always been a bit intrigued with Aelita. She could be cruel; he had seen her be so. She was obviously not to be trifled with. Even still, she was quite beautiful and he admired her ability to accessorize. She was strong, cold, and not entirely a pleasant person, but she had always been courteous enough to him, if not exactly amicable. Still, his feelings for her never extended past a vague since of interest...she would probably just as soon as kill him as make polite conversation with him if the notion struck here anyway. It would not do to either drop his guard or make her angry. After a moment, he answered her question.

"Ah yes, I'm feeling a bit...empty, as it were...and an evening hunt seems just the remedy, wouldn't you agree?" He made a vague gesture and nodded to Aelita and Jodi (whom he had just noticed standing nearby) before placing his glasses back on his nose.

"I'll be sure to bring back something tasty for the babies." He smiled, flashing a bit of fang at the older vampires, and continued his lazy stroll.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote        
Jodi giggled and shrugged. "Alright, alright. Keep your heels on!" She turned and hurried back to her room, passing Trevor on her way. "Hi there," she called flirtatiously, running backwards as she passed him to give a little wave.

She flung open the door to her room, an old classroom that she suspected was an art room at one point, judging by the paint splatters on the floor. She looked around for something to carry the meat in and spotted a big beach bag peeking from under her bed. She pulled it out and examined the material. It was thick, but would probably still leak blood all over the place. She packed it full of plastic bags and hurried back out to Aelita.

The night air was alive with scents and her nose twitched as she inhaled. Mm, but she loved nighttime.

To her delight, she noted Trevor standing nearby and gave him a flirty smile as he nodded towards her.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
"Hmmm...curry...hang on, lemme check." Sean pulled out his phone and started clicking away expertly at the tiny keys.

"There's a grocery store a few blocks away," the necromancer said, not looking up from his screen as it loaded, "We can make a trip tomorrow, get the basics. I dunno what your diet is, but the Circle gave me plenty of funding so that we can do...whatever, I guess. For tonight though...yeah, there's an Indian place not too far away. I'll just, uh...eat bread or something." The thought of curry interacting with the necromancer's notoriously frail body and intestinal tract, and the resulting plumbing fiasco, was not one that Sean really wanted to keep entertaining.

"C'mon Lin," he said, grabbing his coat from the back of the chair and opening the door, "It's only gonna get colder." Indeed, the air rolling in through the door was brisk, and even the high collar of Sean's coat couldn't hide the wince of discomfort.

"Let's get going, eh? Maybe we can, like, chat on the way. About...stuff. I dunno. Brr...not looking forward to winter proper..."

---------------------------------------------------

Aelita rolled her eyes.

"Remind me to teach you how to flirt, kiddo," she said to Jodi as the girl ran off to her room. "Trev, do try to not draw much attention to yourself. Cedric'll be...growly if someone notices much." As amusing as Trevor could be with his ridiculous fashion sense (Aelita suspected he was color blind the way the vampire accesorized), this was Montana. Flannel was by far and away the favorite pattern, and straying was discouraged.

"Oh goodie, Jodi's back," the Russian vampire muttered, "Yeah, that bag'll do. Trevor, don't bother going to the butcher's. Just bring back normal stuff for the nest proper. C'mon kid, let's get this chore over with." With that, Aelita took off, loping through the woods, headed for the city, never looking back to see if Jodi was keeping up.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
Linear nodded when he noted a grocery store as well as Indian food. However, he was planning to just eat bread? Wasn't that sort of silly and boring? Even Linear needed more than some bread. "We can eat...something else...I-If it's a bother...You should...Eat something you like lots...Too..."

She looked down, either way moving for her coat and pulling it on over her dress. When he opened the door, the cold was more clear than she'd noticed before she got there. A chill got in through her jacket's opening for her hands, a shiver shaking her before she ran outside to get some blood flow to warm her.

"A chat...Sounds nice..." Spinning to look at him when she was outside, she smiled warmly. Chatting was hard for her, so she'd likely just listen. But it was nice to not be alone, even if she was nervous. And so far, she had little reason to fear him too much...Right? Right.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
"Nah-nah-nah, it's fine," Sean said, quickly shutting the door. He shoved his hands deep into his pockets and tucked his chin.

"I hate the cold," he muttered, "If my ears fall off, I'm counting on you to reattach them, okay?" Sean set a brisk pace down the stairwell and into the street.

"Don't worry 'bout my eating habits," he said, trying to keep as little of his face in the air as possible, "Necromancers are a fragile bunch physically. Kinda sucks, really, but the perks are pretty cool. I knew this one girl who could...well, I can save that story for another time. Point is, though, we have weird diets. I mostly stick to protein bars, shakes, and burritos, but that's mostly because I love Mexican. Like I said, kinda sucks, but the perks are really cool." Sean shot Linear a grin over the collar of his jacket, then resumed his turtle impression.

"So...uh..." it was at that moment Sean remembered that he was really quite crap at small talk, "Where are you from? Originally? You said you had a sister, right? What's her name? Oh, uh, if you don't, y'know, mind me asking, I guess? Sorry..."

Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
She chuckled lightly. "I'm not, er... fond of it- um, the cold either, but... I don't hate it..." She gave a glance in his direction as she spoke. "B-But...I'll do my best...T-To help then. B-But let's try not to, er, let them fall...In the first place." After all, the best cure for a problem was to prevent or avoid it, right?

"I see...So...Y-You like shakes? W-What kind?"

She was clearly struggling to keep a conversation, but was relieved when he created one himself. He may have seemed like he was unsteady with small talk, but somehow he was doing quite well to well- which was good, since Linear just stank at talking in general. "M-My sister...is Kana...S-She lives in...the town over...Er...W-We did, I mean...B-But she still does...That is...Um..." She trailed off, unable to end her statement- she forgot where she was going with it, anyway. "D-Do you...Erm...H-have siblings...?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, uh, I like..." As Sean spoke, not only did his favorite (read as: only two shake flavors he can stand) flavors fly out his mind, but all flavors that he'd tried or even heard about followed suit. The resulting noise was something like a moan and a handful of groaned curses as Sean tried to remember.

"Hang on," he said, "I got this...dammit, uh...pink. Strawberry! Jesus...that was way too much effort..." Sean's cheeks turned slightly pink as he stumbled over his words some more.

"Yeah, um," he stammered, "I like strawberry and vanilla. Not at the same time though. Just...y'know...separate." He made a few entirely unnecessary hand gestures, just to really make sure Lin got that the shakes were, in fact, consumed separately and not at the same time.

Sean coughed a few times, in an attempt to clear that little ball of awkward away. It failed miserably. He jumped on the opportunity to change the subject.

"Oh, cool," he said, "You live nearby! And a sister. I'm an only child, and I grew up in a desert. Literally. Dunno why I'm so pale." Sean turned a corner and saw the gaudy OPEN sign on the restaurant. With a muttered, 'oh thank god,' Sean rushed to the door, paused to let Lin in first, then shed his jacket as the warm air hit his numb nose.

"So, uh," he said, "Just...order what you want? I guess? Hey! Do we sit down? No? Take out? Okay, cool." Sean grabbed a menu and handed it to Lin, then leaned against the wall, chewing his lip as he waited.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
Sean's awkward anxiety seemed to both ease and worsen Linear's mood at the same time. On the one hand, having that awkwardness in common was a relief. On the other? She was worried that she was scary, or that she was no good to be around. Well, her sister had always had low self esteem- it was plausible it'd rub off on the already timid Linear at some point.

Still, he did answer her question, even if he seemed uneasy about it. However, Linear liked the idea of knowing what he liked. This way, she could try to learn to make it herself to give to him on his birthday or something- well, if she chose to. They weren't necessarily friends yet, but they still lived together (as awkward as it felt). It was good to do something nice for the people around you...Wasn't it?

Then the topic changed to family and living background. "Only...child? Is it...um...lonely? I've always...Had family, at least a bit, so um...I-I'm not sure...What it's like..." She looked at the ground awkwardly, before jumping at the thought of living in the desert. "Desert? It....it's hot, right? Do you...um...Do well with heat? Since you'd be...er...used to it...?"

She shook her head. Her questions were so choppy, it was silly to bother asking even if she really was curious. It would be rather hard for her to be understood. People had asked her once where her questions started and ended...But Sean seemed good at understanding her so far! So, she wasn't as afraid to take a chance, even if she had trouble speaking, to try talking to him more openly.

Taking the menu handed to her, she murmured a word of thanks before reading it over. She found curry, but there were multiple, so it took her time to decide. Once she had chosen what she wanted, she made sure to give back the menu, thinking it might belong to him, and smiled. "Curry chicken...Sounds nice..."

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
Val sat in her chair talking with herself for a few minutes more before finally getting up and wandering around the room again. Several people moved out of the crazy girls way as they put it since she was pacing the room talking to herself.

"I'M BORED NOT CRAZY!!" She yelled before going back to the chair she had found and sitting there and muttered to herself a bit more about how maybe she was actually just a bit crazy seeing as she talked to herself. f course there wasn't really anyone else to talk to. Of course after her outburst several more people where avoiding her that hadn't quite been doing so before but they were now.