Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Cartoon Network will now take Toonami off of the air. Remember Toonami? I discovered anime such as Dragonball Z on there. I watched Powerpuff Girls on there. There were a lot of shows that I watched on Toonami before Rurouni Kenshin got canceled, and I practically forgot about it.

So, does anyone else remember Toonami? Are you sad that it's gone? Glad? Why don't we discuss the many shows that we discovered on it?

Goodbye, Toonami. :/

Laocoons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote        
There was a thread about this in the Roliana TV Forum too! That's how I found out about it actually, because Cartoon Network has really dumbed itself down a lot even at the same time as they started showing live action shows and movies to try to seem less dumb. It's a really dumb paradox.

So, anyway, I stopped watching Cartoon Network a while ago because of it. But I used to love Toonami. It was awesome. I used to watch Ruroni Kenshin on there every weekend. When I realized that it had been canceled I was really really upset.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I posted right after you. XD We need more threads though and I wanted to bring this to peoples attention. I didn't know about it before the thread either.

Same here. It's CARTOON Network. I stopped watching it around that time, too. :[

Laocoons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote        
That just upsets me. I mean, it's bloody Cartoon Network. Why the bloody eff would they show live action?!?!?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote        
Because the children of today think that cartoons aren't cool. They've apparently "outgrown" them.

I mean freaking nine year olds watch MTV now. >.>;

Laocoons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote        
That's freakin' bullshit. They should go buy books and relax and watch some cartoons. D<

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote        
Times are changing. *shrug*

And a lot of cartoons on that channel obviously have references to sexual situations/content.

7luvlysins22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote        
First the moved it from its week day spot and now it hits the can.

Its really sad since I remember when if first came on with with the orignal Tom and everything.

I think with how CN is going it trying to only have in house carttoons and with there anime crowd AS has been less the over the top.

I think in the next few years they will take that off and only have the American adult animation on there.

Sadly the golden age of anime on TV has ended and is slowly dying.

Which is a really sad thing. *sigh*

LadyKai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quote        
yeah and all you will have is

the simpsons, family guy , futurama , american dad

7luvlysins22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:06 am Reply with quote        
*sigh* See I don't mind having those when there is a nice balance of other country and makers animation.

I enjoy some of the American adult animation on AS but I dislike it taking over AS since AS was for mature uncut/less cut animes they could not shoe during the day.

*sigh* I guess its going to be like in the old days where you have to see your anime privately and you have to buy it or watch it illegally on video sites.

They say they hate scan and fansubs then they should put it on the air and we won't do it as much. : P

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote        
@Sins: That is all sad. Face it: most of us here lived our childhood in the "golden age". We had a stable economy, good, new products in general, the best television series, ect. ect. If you're a teenager then you had it GOOD compared to how today's babies are going to grow up. We'll all soon retreat to the internet for old shows that were good.

And I missed Tom when they took him away. D:

@Adi: And you do realize that they're all basically the same thing, right? >.>;

7luvlysins22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
*sigh* I know, the 90's were the best in most of all it programming for children - young adults, mean so many great programs were then and going into 2000 it was looking so great....no.....I cry at how jade most of them and how they try to hard.

Heck the 80's had great stuff to and you were able to see reruns from then in the 90's an really 2000th, but now most of the stuff on is boring, pointless or but terrible.

Oh well, to netflix, youtube and all the retro we can get our little hands on. ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quote        
I am really sad that you can't see programming from the 90's. I loved Nick when was younger but now it really is all the same thing. Disney is worse though. Always has been.

Saporion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote        
I've noticed that cartoons never really last that long. D:
While on the other hand, shows featuring actual people (ie - iCarly, Suite Life of Zack and Cody) stay on the air for SO much longer.

I think Cartoon Network is realizing that those "real-life" shows attract younger audiences more.

The little kiddies feel that cartoons are for "babies", and want act all grown up by watching shows that typically are related to relationships (girlfriend, boyfriend), crushes, etc.

Hey, you may not find cartoons for "babies", but others do. D:

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
I personally still love a lot of cartoons that I grew up with. Kids these days need to shut their mouths and realize what they are: kids.