Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote        
Hello,

Obviously, I'm new here. I figured I'd introduce myself before I start posting elsewhere. I've lurked around the forums for a little while and noticed some places are unfortunately a little dead. I'll assume that it's because the community here is a little on the small side, which is fine. No complaint here.

Anyway, I'm not unfamiliar with these kinds of websites and I'm just looking for a new community to mingle with when I'm bored. I'm mainly interested in arts and crafts, food, fashion, fitness and some gaming. I have other interests too, but those are the first that came to mind. I'm a major DIY-er and I have some skills in art, but I don't consider myself to b overly amazing. If anyone would like to chat, feel free to start a conversation and I'll follow up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hiya Lunnie (by the way, how do you personally pronounce it? It's a neat name to read, but I'm not sure I'm reading it right!). Welcome! Though it isn't the most active place at this point, it's not too lonely I think. I'm sure you'll meet some neat people to chat with about your interests. By the way, I like all your interests pretty much too. Well, besides fitness. I need to work on liking that more so I can lose weight, which I do want to do...xD

So, to play the 'break the ice and ask a random question game' I'm going to jump in and ask you...What is your favorite craft type to do? o3o

Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
First off, thanks for replying. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait before someone would come along and say something. Wink

I personally find fitness fun because it's challenging and makes you feel so good after a hard workout. As for weight loss, part of what really helps is what foods you eat and how much. It's easy to lose a few pounds just by switching up what you eat. Anyway, I'm rambling.

My favorite craft type is sculpture of various media. I've played with a lot of mediums, but as far as sculpting out of raw material, Sculpey and oil clay are my favorite. I also consider things like sewing and jewelry making to be sculpture and they're also among my favorite things to play with. What about you?
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
I've been eating healthier and less, but I actually started gaining more weight than I lost xD I was 180 when I started changing my diet, and ended up at 190. I mean, I understand a couple pounds, but this wasn't water weight. I did cheat a little cake here or there, but I'm eating a lot more salad and much smaller portions then I used to. ;-;

Well, I don't do a lot of crafts but when I do, it's usually something involving paper. I used to love using clay though! But nowadays, I don't have any, so I mostly just find random objects and us them to make a randomly nifty thing. Like, when we finish a paper towel roll, I'll use it to make a puppet for a little while, or decorate it for fun. I'm hoping to get into needle point or crochet again soon (only did them once when I was younger) if I can get to the craft store. What kind of jewelry making do you do? Beading? I personally find that fun.

Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote        
What you eat is also important. Stuff like artificial sugars and diet whatever can actually make you gain weight too. Either way, I do wish you the best of luck with finding something that works for you. I can understand the appeal of sugary things though. I'm actually truly addicted to sugar and I can't go a week without having any. Generally I'll just eat well for a week and treat myself moderately on weekends or something. I need my fix. Wink

Crochet and knitting are two of the things that elude me completely. I just can't seem to pick them up naturally. I'd have to practice really hard to get it to work for me. Sad When it comes to jewelry I actually do bead embroidery or some very basic things with weaving, leather and beads. I do like the idea of wire stuff too though.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
I like weaving. I did it when I was younger, and sometimes I make little silly weaving things out of scrap paper. I'm not good at crochet per say, but it's easier than knitting would be most likely, and I at least managed to make part of a scarf once. I'm not as comfortable with small needles, so while I'm interested in needlepoint, I may start with crochet for now. Though, if I can learn to get comfy with smaller needles from needlepoint, I might finally use the sewing machine like I wanted to. xD But...This isn't really welcoming chat anymore huh? I should drag you to the crafter's hangout >:3

Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
Hah, no, it's become much more of a crafty kind of chat. By all means do drag me to the crafty corner hangout place. I'm sure it could always use a bit more activity. Wink
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, okay then! Well, head on over to the lounge if you feel like and I'll meet you there. And in any number of other hangouts. xD Of course, you can go ahead and post pretty much anywhere really o3o

Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
I'll look at what's being discussed there and see if I can contribute. Thank you. Smile
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote        
Considering it's been a while and it's a hangout, you can sorta just pop in and say hi anyway I think xD

Lunnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
I did exactly that in one thread. ;P
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:05 am Reply with quote        
Clays are good but I would suggest playing around with sculpting soap also. It's a traditional beginners medium. It's soft and easy to work with. And the best thing is that even if you completely goof up what you are trying to make, you can still use it as soap! It's completely a win-win situation!

Oh yes, and welcome into Midorea!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote        
Hey, I know I'm pretty late to the party, but welcome to Midorea anyway! I hope you have a good time here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Lunnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote        
Thank you both for welcoming me. Smile

I'll make sure to secretly stalk you if it becomes necessary, Chu. >__>