Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote        
    This thread is only for Elkin (my centaur) and Casanova (Squid's centaur).
    You can't post if you're not Squid or Maeve.
    But you can read.
    And comment (by PMs, or in the LOTA threads).

Bouncy Heart

Useful notes:
    Casanova's picture
    Elkin's color: #715888
    Elkin's picture
    Elkin's profile

Squid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote        
    I seriously have no clue when centaurs actually stop living with their parents, but whatever I am old and live with mother, Casanova can be too. OHNOHEISAMARYSUE!

I hope this is okay for you to start with I don't know what I'm doing ;3;

The Dead Season was an awful time of year when everything was a bit more grey. Casanova didn't mind it, really he didn't, but he definitely prefered the warmer, brighter New Season or even Planting Season, though he never tried to complain. He just made sure to offer as much brightness as he could. Then again, Casanova was a pretty bright centaur. But being bright took a bit of effort. After all, his hair didn't grow in rainbow colors naturally.

Casanova woke up first this morning, and went about getting some food together for himself. He left a slice of bread and two large dried strawberries for his mother to wake up to, taking a bit of bread for himself, to eat as he went out.

Before he left, Casanova made sure to grab his bag, filled with smaller bags, filled with the dried, various colored plants he used for his hair. He set out early, giving himself plenty of time to do his grooming and get back before the hot breakfast. Casanova wasn't the type to miss out on any of the hot meals his mother made.

Casanova nibbled on his bread as he walked, looking down at the shallow snow his hooves kicked up. Sure, he could have avoided shuffling his hooves, but this seemed more fun, didn't it? He was headed for the nearest stream, idly collecting dead brances as he went so he could make a fire once he arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
    I really don't know what I'm doing either, so yeah...

Elkin was out early this morning, earlier than he would have liked. He had spent quite a good deal of time preparing infusions and healing balms during the last few days, and travelling through the herd to distribute his goods to whoever needed it. A little more rest would have been nice, but there was no time for that when people were sick. And there were many sick people during the Dead Season.

Thus, he had gotten up early this morning, wanting to restock on some key ingredients while he wasn't busy. Nibbling on a piece of bread, he made his way down a small path, not too far from the campsite. Of course, he didn't expect to find herbs at this time of year, but pieces of bark and roots should be easy enough to find.

Stopping near a willow, he reached a gloved hand into his bag and pulled out his knife. Finishing what was left of his bread, he then proceeded to carefully remove layers of bark, humming lightly as he worked.

Squid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
Casanova might have been able to have been classified as bright, but that was usually only in reference to his pure white coat and unnatural hair color. He was often a bit silly, and people tended to take him for ... well ... not exactly stupid, but not the sharpest crayon in the box. Of course, it wasn't strictly true. He wasn't stupid by any means, but he could be a tiny bit spacey, and that had the habit of coming off as stupid.

But even he wasn't so dim as to not recognise humming for what it was. It took him a moment to hear it, even in the quiet morning, but he was building a fire, and that took concentration. He paused and looked around for a moment, then got to his feet.

"Hello?" Casanova called, raising his voice only slightly, wondering who else was crazy enough to be out so early. He was sorely tempted to go looking, to follow the sound, but as he looked anxiously back at the fresh fire, decided against it. Who said he wasn't smart?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote        
    "Hello?"

The word resonated through the crisp, cold air of the morning, making it's way towards the healer's ears. Elkin lifted his head from the bark he was looking at, turning his torso around to see if anyone was nearby. He couldn't see anybody, but that wasn't a great indication, with trees and shrubs blocking the sight.

Biting his lips, he took a look at the pieces of bark he had collected. There was probably enough for the week, and if not, he could always come back for more. The willow wasn't going to run away anyway. He put his knife back into his bag, grabbing a small piece of leather at the same time to tie the pieces of medicinal plant together. He then put the result of his collect in the bag, pushing it to his side as he started to walk along the small path, heading in the general direction he thought the call came from.

Soon enough, the healer emerged from the small grove near a stream. He could see a small fire not that far away... and a centaur beside it. Maybe he was the one who had called earlier? "Hm, hello," Elkin said, trotting closer. He really wasn't that sure if he had the right to do so, or if the other would mind, but it was cold outside and he could use a little heat.

By the way, just tell me if you have things you'd like to add to the notes section in the first post. ^^