Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not so strict with the way I treat people; I won't go out of my way to do anything for anyone unless they ask. If a new member gets along without exchanging two words with me then I assume they're fine.

Menmeth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote        
As a heads up, Antheia has a similar thread (which I have already posted my core rant within). To avoid duplication, keep sanity levels checked, etc it may be worth merging.
The Emo Duck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote        
I feel like giving and getting respect go along with each other. If you give someone respect they are more than likely going to give that respect back to you; but if you don't give them any respect I don't think you should expect any respect back.

That's like saying if someone was to come up to you and be disrespectful you need to give that person respect; it just doesn't make any sense. I just thing everyone should show everyone respect and then we won't have a big issue.

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
respect should be a given between everyone. i guess put simply i dont believe in that "respect your elders!" thing as if that means THEY dont have to respect you too. it should be equal both ways, in my opinion.

i mean, a ton of politicians in this country dont even respect the working class people that vote them into power cos they think theyre BETTER than them? they forget who GIVES them their power and status. and that is just downright insulting.

i guess the only people i dont respect are those that have given me reason NOT to respect them.

Taro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 am Reply with quote        
This topic is diverse because everyone sees it differently.
:>

I am the type of guy who gives reqpect until you lose it. Like with newbies, I understand they are learning the ropes, but there's a difference between accidental spamming, and intentional annoyances. If someone is being intentionally annoying, I try my hardest to still be respectful, without being rude.

If someone loses my respect, I don't be mean to them, I just don't like them, but I still remain polite, and all I ask for is the same, which is why I go to avatar sites. Teenagers can be jerks :\

Fork

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote        
~sips kool-aid~

My view on the issue of respect is this. I believe that we all should respect someone from the moment we meet them. I would show respect by being welcoming to a newcomer with open arms. I'm new on this site, so I expect to be respected as a new member. As a new member I expect to not get flamed for being new. As I have not been.
No, I don't think that respect should be obtained by being earned. I should be respected for who I am, and if you cant respect that, then we have a problem. By "disrespecting" I mean by doing actual acts upon disrespect upon me, such as flaming me and calling me everything but a child of god.
For me, a decrease in respect points would be to lie, steal, cheat me, or backstab me.. Those are the things that would deem disrespect, among other mentioned flaming. Its about being hospitable, First impressions mean alot, because if you come of a immature hardass then noone will respect you for being a nice person, therfore loosing some good thought in the eye of others, meaning that they are not obligated to show any respect to you. Showing respect, its like, greeting, saying good bye.

You should always respect your parents, the ones who take care of you.
I myself, personally have the utmost respect for my parents, especially my mom, still do, always will, my dad on the other hand, he can go to hell and die for all I care, because he lost respect in my eye as a father when he put me down for following my own path and beliefs. So, no matter who you are, you should be respected for SOMETHING at the very least a human being, just for breathing, so personal space? xD
Thats pretty much all I have to rant on about.

and also, Respect your partner. Your loved one. The one you hold closest and most dear to your heart. Be it your friend, girlfriend, boy friend, husband, wife, life partners, soulmates, respect them by being faithful and such, not cheating and stuff. If you do mess up you could loose respect as a good boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband or whatever. So respect shoud always be given first hand, and not earned, then you would be saying, "please me or you get no respect" o. o
that doesnt sound right does it? XD
saiyouri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote        
People have to earn my respect. I used to give it right away but I have been screwed over too many times in my life that I just got sick of it. So now people have to earn it. But there isn't anyone new to earn it besides my kids teachers, but that won't happen at all. Every teacher my children have had, all are horrible stupid people. But not as bad as the ones I have had my entire schooling years. And I went to a horrible school district. My kids so far come in a close second.
ecco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote        
oh man, im sorry that you've had such terrible teachers >_< im lucky to finally have a couple that are really good. tho up to know, theyve almost all been pretty bad. i hope your kids have better teachers as they get older!

Camio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote        
I believe it should be earned. Honor thy mother and father? What if thy father is an abusive bastard looking to take out his frustrations on you for any little thing, your fault or not? Should he deserve respect just because he's your father? I believe one should earn respect by being fair and honest. Your actions and words should be what is judged as deserving or undeserving of respect. Respect should not be automatic in most cases.
BiscuitQueen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote        
I believe respect should be given.

If you learn to respect others then others will respect you. If another person is not respectful towards you, you should still respect them, you don't have to like them, just respect them. If your mother or father is abusive towards you, you still have to respect them, they are older and wiser even if they don't always make the best decisions with their actions.

Remember, you do not have to like someone, just respect their grounds, even if they are not respecting yours, you have to be the bigger person. <-- You'll get more respect from others this way.