Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic Sev is looking for art critique! (update 8/24/10 pg 2)
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote        
It's...semi-related.

I somehow missed Sev's post befo'. So...shyeah.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
SkyLyte

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
ah lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote        
Craziness across the topic!

And thankies for the comment SkyLyte, both of them lol xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
Very nice comic. :3
SkyLyte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote        
your welcome sev, anytime ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Update:

I have a new tablet but I can only use it on my laptop, meaning I can't use my old program for it. Instead I'm using a free trial of Corel Painter Essentials 4 for these.

Ever since I took the comic to a national portfolio day and they told me to stop drawing anime and do observational drawing for a while, I can't bring myself to take it out of the case....

All of those are art requests except the first one, he's my rp character on Menewsha...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote        
    Damn them, making you stop drawing anime. :c

I looove your RP character's haaair! Bouncy Heart A gorgeous colour and style! Oh Mai

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
I love his hair too >w< It was based off some of the people in the J-Drama Gokusen. :3 I was (am) so obsessed with it (now)...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
Lol, I want to see more of this
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
lol thanks ^^

This is so..unfair...I drew this amazing thing on a site a friend made me join, then I go I draw something for an overdue art request and stand up-

And have to sit right back down -_- My back feel broken...dang it...xD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote        
Critic? Critic? Did you say critic? Well, then brace yourselves!!!

No, just kidding.
I like it. It's really good. Better than mine. However, I think that the mouths should be a lot a tad smaller. Good luck on everything else! Also, I recommend you to focus more on the eye. Make it more detailed. One of the few minor flaw (I think) that appeared in one of your art pieces. It's a bit...Unappealing. Well, I'm here to criticize am I not? *o*
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote        
Don't worry lol

I DID ask for critic but I'm a step ahead of you :3 I've been studying the Kuroshitsuji style. I am eagerly awaiting for the posts to move onto the third page (I've decided an update a page) so I hope you'll come back to help me out when I get there :3

I think I was trying to go realistic, and my mouths in realism are always too small so I overcompensated xD

Uwaah update....long time no see.

A um...Another series I'm starting >.>' haven't forgotten about the other, I'm going to redo it...

This is called Gunblade, only four pages done so far and I'm not sure if I'll be doing the whole thing in colored pencil or not. I know the word bubbles are crappy, I originally handwrote them but they came out so bad I typed it. If more people become interested in the story as it goes I'll probably neaten it up a bit...Crit I'm looking for is...

-how to improve my color pencil work, I used smudge sticks, my finger, and a paper towel to 'blend' but it still wasn't coming out quite the was I wanted it to.
-is there a technique to getting it onto the computer without it it looking screwed up? I've tried scanning and taking a photo, after which I I do a whole load of 'color correction' and 'despeckle' and 'smart fix' but the CP still comes off as way grainier that it is...

Here are a few other pieces, rather recent as well. First was a request, second was sketches for a manga I got around 15 pages through drawing. Number three is my friend's character--I've got all my friends designing their own because they constantly tell me that I should make a comic about all of our conversations...

Just looking for your opinions on those last three.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote        
The comic is interesting. Of course, it's only 4 pages, but I'd love to see more of it Wink

Color pencils can be a bit hard to master. The only trick I've found is to apply them very lightly, and then put more and more on top to get the color and texture you want. This works best if you use slightly different shades as it gives more depth to the final color. Then it's mostly a question of getting use to them and all...

Almost all traditional works I've seen scanned look grainier. There's not much that can be done, unless you want to blur everything... Playing with the setting of the scanner could help, for example scanning at a higher resolution and then adjusting the size of your picture, or changing the type of file used.

The 3 pictures at the bottom are nice. I especially love the sketch ^^
The arm on the last one looks a bit weird though... can't really explained why, but it looked broken to me...
But anyway, nice work Wink

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Pocket Size Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
I really like the sketches. They are really good, I can't see anything that really needs improving.
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for posting you two =)

The arm did come out a little funny, I'm not too good with line art and the traditional sketch was a lot nicer. I'm defs going to continue the comic, I've got a good idea forming for it.