Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Sharij

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 am Reply with quote        
When I leave the site open while doing something else on my PC for some hours, all topics are marked "read", which I don't like very much, because that's not true at all and I can't remember which I have read already and which not.
Can that be changed?
There is the option to mark all topics read anyway, so I don't see why this should be done automatically.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote        
It's done automatically when you log out, which normally happens if you leave the site open for too long (to prevent keeping a lot of unused connections open, which would end up slowing the site down for everyone, or something like that). Basically, when you log out, the system consider you have seen everything, and when you log on the next time, it shows what have been modified during your absence.

I'm not sure if it can be changed though, at least without recoding some stuff...

Sharij

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote        
I understand the technical side of it ^_-
I simply mislike the system becuase it would be one click to mark a topic unread, but many many thoughts to figure out what you already read and what not...^^
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I know. Although I have less problem with it now, one of my computers used to appreciate logging me out for no reason, which erased all unread flag... I hated that time Xd