Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square

Would this be a good feature?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Angel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I was wondering...

Would you like to see a little bar on the Dream Avi Creator I'm making that would show items in special categories.

By that I mean it would be like TekTek's little bar that would have stuff where you could click a little link/image and show only Store Items, Blue Items, Monster Drops, etc.

Would that be a good feature or not?

Please vote in the poll and post why! :D

Naked for absolutely no reason.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote        
That depends solely on the opinion of the user. Some users want avatars that look rich or avatars made purely out of ARI's, monster drops, ect. Taking that into consideration, it would be a good idea.

EDIT: I'd like to give you some constructive criticism on that though. The name is quite a mouthful and I don't particularly prefer it. With the layout matching Midorea's, it seems a tad unoriginal so I think it would be good to make one yourself. Also, I don't like how the page returns to the top when you click links. I'm sure you could fix that though using iframes, correct?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote        
It sounds like a good idea to me.
And what Chu said.. a new layout would be nice. Smile

But I think Avadorea sounds ok.
A bit of a mouthful but still it's better than anything I could come up with. xD
Maybe you could nickname it to MAC? (midorea avatar creator)

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, I'm desperately trying to think of a better name.

"Avadorea" just popped into my head when I went to first make the site and decided it would work. XD

Any suggestions? >.<

Same goes for the stupid frickin' links, but I can't figure it out. D<

JavaScript = </3

[Catghost]

MAC?

Every time I would say that I would think computer, not "Dream Avi Creator". XD

Arikana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
How about MAG, which is short for Midorea Avatar Generator. ^w^

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
MAG actually sounds kinda' cool. O.O;

Plus it's just one syllable! XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote        
The acronyms are pretty cool, but if you're looking for a name, there are some shirts or something with the name "Medora", but I believe that's French... or something. *shrugs*

Hm... or there's the often-used nickname, "Mido".

Iunno, but I'll be glad when it's created.

Ah, I used to fiddle with Javascript. </3 Forgot everything, sadly enough. Now all I know is html, and that became minimal too.

Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
I've only recently started working with JavaScript, which is why this is taking so long. D:

I should just get the actual avi part of it set up then finish working out all the kinks with it.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
What is your current struggle then?

Arikana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
Angel wrote:
MAG actually sounds kinda' cool. O.O;

Plus it's just one syllable! XD

So? Something wrong with just one syllable? owo

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
That was meant as a good thing. XD

[Chu]
Getting these stupid links to not take you to the top of the page when you click it. D<

There are only two other main coding things I have left to do for the creator. Fix the links and have it so that when you click on a link it dynamically writes the specific items to the page.

(That way the site won't be uber slow and it won't need to load every image when you go there. It'll make it a lot more funtional.)

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote        
You could improvise until then.

To fix the annoying scroll thing, you could make it so that the avatar stands to one side, and the layers/items stand to the other so that you don't need to scroll at all. (If that doesn't make sense I could provide a visual. ><;; )

Mmm, I suppose you can't improvise with that. :/ But what's the other major coding thing? You said there were two.

D; During times like this I really wish I remembered all of that coding that I learned.

Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote        
I've already tried that.

When I have the avi set to the side, the other two boxes are waaay to small to be functional.

I tried even just moving the box with the links to all the layers to the side of the avi, but still no luck. D:

I think Imma' just going to try and create a completely new, custom layout to work like you suggested: have the avi off to the side with all the stuff around it.

But I'll need to make sure it doesn't wind up looking like a Roliava knock-off. D:

I dunno'? Maybe it was the "dynamically writing info when you click a link" thing?

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
Well you could still use the same color scheme as Mido. xP And making layouts aren't that hard.

I made a layout-plan for an avvie simulator a while ago, so I just edited the colors and such. Here's an idea:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/Dark_Autumn_Dust/OMGAVATARSIMULATOR.png