Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote        
Dusca didn't like noisy kids, and the comments didn't help. She growled a bit, until Aurelia gave her a slight push in the ribs with her foot. Surprised, the cat turned her attention toward her mistress, who directed hers on the two young boys standing in front of them. The blond wasn't sure if the babysitter comment was positive or not and figured it be weird to ask, so she just moved to her others questions.

"Uh, yes, I live here, sorta," Aurelia started. "And how did you two ended up here?" She was pretty sure of the answer, but she preferred to check, just in case they were just some new students who have gotten lost while looking for something.

((Sorry, short answer Sweat ))

Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve wrote:
Recap. due to rollbacks:

After meeting with Aurelia and Melanie, Tommy and Jim started to explain how they had arrived into the Academy's yard. It wasn't long before they started to argue, and soon a fight started between the two of them. Melanie pulled them apart and mentioned something about diner, which seemed to grab the attention of both boys.

Tommy's stomach made a loud gurgling noise, and he put a hand to it, trying to quell the bubbling. It hurt a little, and it was then that he realized why he never chewed gum that often.

"A little food would be nice...we haven't eaten since lunchtime at school."

"'S long as ya don' have any weird food heheh. Or is that for the hippocampus too?" Jim raised his hand to hi-five his brother, who obliged.

"Like, n'steada corn, ya have smorn."

"Or instead of hamburgers shmambugers."

"Or insteada candy, ya have..."

*several horrible excuses for fantasy food puns later*

"HAHA! Jim stop! You might offend them! They are offering after all."

"Heh, yeah, yeah. 's all in fun, right ladies?" Jim glanced downward toward Aurelia's feet. "An' weird cat thing?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote        
Dusca showed her teeth in a threatening fashion, but she didn't do anything. those two boys were a waste of time in her mind, and she just wanted to get back inside and lay down in front of the fireplace before those horrible dogs some other students carried with them come and steal her place.

Aurelia was about to do something when Mel moved toward the boys. The gold badge student waited to see what would happen. A pleased smile appeared on her face as the boys moved away from each other. She waited for them to comment on the dining offer before adding anything. "Well then, why don't you come with us," she said nicely, starting to walk back to the school.

Atraea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote        
Jim simply shrugged and started after Aurelia, Tommy following in the same fashion. As they walked along, taking in the architecture, notions of the castle being a royal palace began to fade...in Tommy's mind anyway. Jim, on the other hand, was never one to rule out any possibility until he was absolutely certain, so he spoke up.

"So...where are we? This don' look like any royal palace I ever been in..."

"You've never been in one Jim."

Jim cut his eyes at his brother, and spoke under his breath. "They don't know that."

"They do now."

Jim huffed made a slight pout. "Yer never any fun."

Tommy simply rolled his eyes, weary at all the petty arguing. He caught up with Aurelia, so he could ask his questions without Jim interrupting.

"So...that's a school uniform, right? Is this a school? What's it a school for?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
"Nope, it's not a royal palace. Not anymore at least, if it ever was. And yes, it is a school, and it's here to make sure you don't get in trouble," Aurelia answered, slowing down her pace so that the boys could easily follow and ask questions. Normally, they would have had the time to do so during the tour earlier today, but since they arrived at the end of the day, the blond thought she could at least take some time to try to explain them what was going on... Plus, judging by how far from the shool they had gotten, they had at least a good 5 minute of walk, and a little conversation would keep it from getting boring, or the boys from fighting once more.

"See, this world is not exactly like Earth. It's pretty similar for the most part, but there's a wider variety of... uh, creatures walking around. So, this school is here to teach you more about those so that you don't accidentally end up stepping somewhere you shouldn't have. And it's also where most of us Earth-comers live," the blond tried to explain. She didn't want to get into too many details, but she figured she could still give a small introduction to the Academy.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
"Not...earth? Creatures?" Tommy could not have looked more confused if he tried.

"That's what she said, Tommy, this ain't home, an' there's...wait, what was that part about creatures?" Jim looked down at the dusty brown cat following at its owner's heels and pointed at it. "What about that? Is that a creature?"

"Jim, leave that cat alone."

"What? He likes it! Don'tcha kitty?"

Tommy simply sighed and shook his head, muttering, "Fine, but don't make a big friggin' deal when it gets fed up with you." He directed his attention back to the girl, suddenly aware that he never learned her or her friend's name, nor had he or Jim formally given them theirs.

"I'm Tommy, by the way."

"Tom, if she's been listenin' to us at all the past 10 minutes she knows both our names already." By this point, Jim was right up next to the cat, inexplicably fascinated by it. "What's the cat's name?"

"Jim...why don't you...ugh, nevermind." Tommy turned to Aurelia and then Mel. "What are your names? And if you don't mind telling us, how did you all get here? How ling have you been here?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote        
Melanie had been following behind to make sure that the boys didn't wander off and get lost or eaten, or whatever. Listening to their conversation, they reminded her of someone, but off the top of her head, she didn't remember who. They were amusing, if not a bit vexing at the same time. Like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. But she wasn't about to call them that to their faces.

"I'd leave Dusca alone, if I were you," the redhead warned. "I'm Mel, and the one in the uniform is Aurelia." She paused at the second half of the question. "I think I've been here a couple days at most. I'm not really sure. Aurelia's been here much longer."

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote        
Jim blinked at the Mel, then looked back at the Dusca. "Dusca...that's a good name. Fer a cat anyway."

At this point Tommy was almost anticipating the moment when the cat would get fed up with Jim and dive at his face. For some reason, and he wasn't sure why, but he got the uneasy feeling that the cat comprehended what Jim was saying to it...and wasn't very thrilled with his comments. Shaking his head again, he slowed down to talk to Mel. "So you've only been here a couple days? That's good to know...you know, that we're not the only newbies around." He paused for a moment. "So...how did you get here? Were you sucked through the tire swing too? I don't remember seeing you around very much..."

As Tommy attempted to strike up a conversation with Mel, Jim finally got bored with Dusca, and caught up with Aurelia. He looked her up and down, not hiding his pre-pubescent glee very well. "Aurelia's a real pretty name," Jim attempted to look slick, hiking an eyebrow, "for a real, real pretty girl. Heh," and topped off his unimaginative pick-up line with the dreaded double gunpoint hand gesture, making the click sound with his mouth.

From behind him, Jim heard and exasperated sigh from Tommy, followed by what sounded like, "oh for the love of..."

((Clearly, Jim is the smoothest of operators.))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote        
Aurelia pondered on giving a quick slap behind the head of the young boy who was apparently trying to flirt with her. She loved attention, but that pick up line was just so... ugh. However, she had promised to be nice and friendly with the newbies... She didn't want to be waken up at 3 every morning for the rest of her life because of something so stupid. So she just ignore the comment and answered the other's question instead.

"Don't worry, we have gotten lots of newcomers recently. In fact, you're kind of lucky to have arrived today. It means you'll be able to start the classes with everyone else, which should be way less boring..." She paused, wondering if it was such a good way to say it. Bah, anyway, they will find out by themselves tomorrow, she thought with a shrug.

((Just keeping things moving. Sorry it's so short, I'm kinda braindead today Hai))

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote        
Mel looked at Tommy as he spoke to her. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, she was relieved that the boy wasn't trying any random or lame pick up lines on her. She shrugged before she thought of her reply. "From what I could see earlier, there are a lot of new people here. You'll probably notice when we get to the dining hall."

The redhead went quiet for a bit as she thought about her trip to this world. "I didn't get sucked through a tire swing. I've been too tall to play on one for a few years now," she chuckled sadly. "I was walking home for the comic shop I ha- used to hang out at. Next thing I knew, I was waking up in a room in this place."

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Atraea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
"Ohhhh...well, that's good to know." Tommy nodded to himself, and gave a small sigh of relief. Knowing they weren't the only new people meant that they didn't have to worry about asking a potentially stupid question or making stupid remarks...though Jim would probably do that anyway. His stomach made another grumbling sound.

"Aw, is fatty hungry? Heh." Jim started laughing but then his stomach let out a growl longer and louder than his brother.

Tommy grinned. "Yes it would appear so, haha."

Jim stuck his tongue out and turned his attentions back to Aurelia. "So, what did ya mean by classes bein' borin'? How could it be borin' if you basically get to have a monster as a pet?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote        
Aurelia pondered on her answer for a few seconds. She had never really liked class, so it was kind of logical that she found them boring, even in a fantasy world. Then again, most of the other students seemed to agree with her. "Thing is, you won't get a monster as soon as you enter the school," she said, trying to explain things as clearly as she could. "You will have a few classes about this world, what kind of people and creatures lives in it, how the Academy works and all, and then you'll have a monster... after you pass the first exam," she added after a small pause.

The blond thought for a few seconds before pursuing. "It's not that hard and should only last about a week, the classes I mean. And the exam is fairly easy if you pay attention in class." From what she knew, 90% of the students passed their exam on their first try. The 10% left had either not studied, skipped classes or were still too emotionally disturbed to concentrate on anything. But anyway, they were still keep in the school and could redo the exam after two weeks, a small time penalty that allowed them to study for real and met with some teachers if they needed.

"Ugh, anyway, as I said, you'll see by yourself tomorrow," she added with a smile as she climb the small flight of stairs leading to the main door. Just passed it, they could easily hear the noises coming from the hall where all the students were gathering. Aurelia wondered for a second if the teachers had finally showed up. Yes, she noticed as she passed the door, seeing the usual group at the end table, with a crowd of students gathered around them. Apparently they had missed all the formalities and speech, though that didn't bother Aurelia much. She had been here long enough to know it by heart. She stooped in the door frame and waited for the others to join her.