Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Post new topic   Reply to topic [ Amber City Mall ] [ freeform, no profiles ] [ open ]
Taruto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote        
"Welcome to Amber City Mall! We hope you have a pleasant time shopping today."

Introduction

Greetings! This is an open-ended, freeform/free-roaming RPG set in a bustling city mall. This is the first time I'm doing this, so it's kind of an experiment. If it doesn't work out, well, we'll stick to ordinary RPs.

Feel free to interact with other players, shops, objects, NPCs. I will fill in for anything that isn't another player.

No profiles! Just introduce yourself.

Example Play

Player wrote:
Bob walks up to a vending machine and pushes random buttons.

Taruto wrote:
(replies with vending machine reaction)

Rules

1. No god-modding.
2. Do not double-post.
3. You can not start as a shopkeeper/staff - But you may ask an NPC shopkeeper for work.
4. You can do bad things such as steal, vandalise, attack people... But the security guards will most likely catch you.
5. One character per user. Your mule may play another character.
6. Write in present tense, third person. However, I won't be fussy if you forget.
Taruto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
NPCs

Shopkeepers:
Shopkeepers are random, nameless people who will be introduced upon entering their shop.

Security Guards:
Charlie, Alan and Jake. These guys roam around the mall at random. (You can probably guess what their characters are like.) You can talk to them at any time.

Mascot:
Dave the Tiger. He randomly walks around the complex and hands out balloons. You can talk to him at any time.

Other Random NPCs:
Will be generated upon encounter.

Shops

Boe Boe - clothing (all ages/genders)
Zop Mart - supermarket
Humble Bee - bakery & cafe
Visions - music, games & videos
My Musings - books

Stalls

Bubbles - ice-cream and milkshakes
Obi's Noodles - Japanese noodles (udon, ramen)
Glitter & Spice - jewelry and gifts

Misc. Locations

Swimming Pool
Restrooms (male and female)
Fountain
Sick Bay / Medical Center
Lost & Found

Note: More NPCs, shops, features to be added when/if more people get involved.
Taruto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved in case I need it. X3
Taruto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote        
The guards finish their morning coffees and take their positions.

The metal roller-doors slide up.

The outside doors are unlocked.

Amber City Mall is open for business!

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote        
Mel wasn't exactly used to coming to the mall this early in the morning. It was miserable outside, though, and she still needed to get a walk in today. Better to walk in a place where she knew that could stay dry. The sky was so gray, it looked like the clouds would open up at any moment. She felt fortunate that there was a bus stop outside her house that went straight to the mall.

She brought no money with her, but she'd probably go home to get it and be back here later to pick up lunch. There was absolutely nothing in the fridge at home worth eating.

Taruto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote        
Upon seeing the first customer of the day, Dave the Tiger hurries over to greet Mel with a friendly, energetic wave. His rubber-soled furry feet scuffle loudly across the linoleum floor, breaking the silence.

'Elevator music' starts to play in the background.

Once within handshake reach, Dave hands Mel a coupon. It reads:

Coupon wrote:
Humble Bee Special Offer
1 free croissant with any coffee or hot chocolate
Valid Today Only

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
Mira walked into the mall. She normally didn't go to the mall there were always to many people. But she decided today was as good a day as any since it seemed not many people where there yet since it was so early.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote        
((ooh cool its open now Happy you should add an information kiosk))

Amalia yawmed and stretched. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and blinked around in the sunlight as things came into focus. Her room was small, as was the rest of the apartment she lived in. A tank full of colourful fish stood in one corner and a tall mirror covered the wall on the other side, next to her wardrobe. She got dressed and went into the small kitchen. She often complained about the fact that this kitchen had no oven. She opened the cabinet but stopped. There was no coffee left. 'Guess I'd better go get some, then. Ngh...' She rubbed her eyes and went out, off to the mall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote        
Mel took the cupon. "Thanks! I'll probably use this later today." She stuck it in her pocket and continued walking. Mel saw more people walk into the mall. Nobody that she knew quite yet, though. She'd just continue walking.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote        
Amalia arrived and headed off to the supermarket section. The chilly air of early morning had cleared her head fuzzy from sleep. She went down a set of stairs and saw that she was the first one there. She went down a lane and took two boxes of coffee beans. She walked back toward the counter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote        
Out of the blue, while Mira was walking along, minding her own business, a small child runs past and bumps into her leg. He disappears around a corner.

Charlie the security guard takes notice of the boy, he sighs and rolls his eyes. He then leans against a wall and starts reading a magazine.

"Charlie!" a whiny voice rings out from his radio, "That child, Boris is on the loose again. I saw him heading your way."

"Tch," Charlie holds a hand over his brow, "Alan, it's too early in the morning to go chasing after little hooligans. Shouldn't he be in daycare or something?"

"Well, he should be on his school bus. But look, that's beside the point. He can't keep running off like this. His mother is extremely worried."

"Mother you say...?"

Boris appears again from around another corner. He runs around in a wide circle with arms spread out, as if chasing something invisible. He runs down a set of stairs leading into the basement.

Dave takes notice and speaks in a muffled voice on what appears to be a headset mounted inside his fur suit. His message doesn't quite get through to the other receivers.

---

Meanwhile, as Mel is walking along, more and more people enter the complex. Some store attendants wait patiently for customers, while, where multiple staff work, begin to chat amongst themselves.

---

[[ooc: killerkitty, how is Amalia getting there?]]