Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Megan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
anyone seen/heard of it?
i saw it last night.
it was FREAKAAAYYY.
my brother and my buddy that i saw it with both hated it, but i'd totally watch it again.

Quote:
After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban “starter” tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night.

Especially when they sleep. Or try to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
Did you hate it because it was scary...???

Also, your signature freaks me out a little

I was Goosed
MaskedDream

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote        
Lol I watch all those ghost type shows and this one is my least favorite. I do not like the people. It seems like they gave a jock with no brain a camera and told them to go look for ghosts.
Kiriel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quote        
Haha, I remember Paranormal Activity, it was cool. I prefer Psychic Kdis or similar though ^^
Aquaria

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote        
I went to the theatre when it came out with two of my friends. The three of us did not like it.
The only thing I enjoyed about it was when the people in all the rows behind us got scared and screamed.
We were not scared by any part of the movie and we found the boyfriend incredibly stupid.

Tianfu

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote        
I saw it in the theaters way back when. Actually, it scared me and I don't believe in demons AT ALL. But the way they portrayed it like a ghost you couldn't get away from EVER was pretty scary. And I liked how it started out small and got bigger, but the thumping with theater surround sound was way scarier than the stupid stuff of the ouiji board bursting into flame. But I thought the directing used the "hand-held camera" effect better than some other films, like The Blair Witch Project.

And yeah, I was kind of annoyed at how stupid the boyfriend was. But characters that always ignore every bit of advice (and in the case of the girlfriend, ultimatums) given to them just annoy me. His level of stupidity meant that I didn't really care when he died, he kind of deserved it.
ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote        
thing is, at least the guy was realistic. :P from what i remember, anyway. people ARE that stubborn. not everyone of course, but you know what i mean.

i never saw it in the cinema. i can see why the sound would make it much scarier there than on a TV screen, though.

as for the handheld thing, i think the reason it could be perceieved as "better" than other films using the style, is the extensive use of tripods. ie every night scene, the part with the ouija board, cant remember if there was others. but thats a big chunk of the runtime, and one of the things many people hate about hand-held cameras used in movies is that it makes them feel dizzy from the constant spinning & jolting of the camera. its never bothered me, but i can see why it would bother other people.