Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University

will you get the jab?
yes
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
no
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
undecided
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
vaccination has just started here and i've heard alot of health workers offered it have turned it down, i was wondering if you were offered it, would you take it?

two people a person away from me haved died already in a fortnight so i am definatly getting it, even though i saw a program about the side effects in america of the last swine flu jab (in the 60s? ) were a number of people were left paralysed, it's still better than dead and this vaccination has had alot more testing and science has come a long way etc.

~Kryztol's Huge Raffle Giveaway!~
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote        
I do not wish to get the swine flu vaccine. I also have never gotten a regular flu vaccine in the past 8 years. (actually I cannot even remember if I have ever had one honestly but I probably did when I was really little)
I don't even know if I have ever had the flu. Can't remember even if I did...

Anyway, I'd rather wait a few months just to see what happens before getting one. I don't trust the FDA when it comes to things like this. :/

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote        
I'm definitely getting the vaccine, mostly because I have respiratory problems (asthma and such) and I know a flu can become really bad if I catch it. Though, I would have gotten it anyway, just to be sure I don't get the flu and contaminate more people, which is socially stupid in my mind.

I think what most people don't know (or understand), is that the flu vaccine has been tested and given to a lot of people in Europe and such, and has in fact a very low rate of complication (1 in 1 million I think, just like any other vaccine). Whereas, if not enough people get the shot and the flu really turns into a pandemic, it will be a lot worst. So yeah, Yay! for vaccination!

other

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
@ catghost
you really seriously never remember having the flu? ever? D: *scuse me while i go die of jealous!*

@maeve
i think you are wise indeed! and i totally agree w the not spreading it part, i worry about carriers infecting like little old ladies and such :C

~Kryztol's Huge Raffle Giveaway!~
Iregyura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote        
Actually, I think that it's OK (partially because I already got it). Also, I didn't receive any "side effects" after the flu shot and I'm OK. Plus, I don't want to get H1N1 no matter what, so I'll take it just in case. However, sadly, some people have gotten "side effects," like my classmate, who ran into high fever after getting the flu shot. That, however, was probably cause because he already was sick before the flu shot.
But truthfully, I didn't take a flu shot in years as well, but I guess since the Swine Flu is really serious, it's best to get it, just in case.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
I was mostly referring to the "long-term" effects.

other: I think I've had the flu maybe once or twice. If I did I don't remember it..
(also I meant I've never had a flu shot before) ^^;

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES