Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
HenceForth

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
I decided I want to try a new colouring style so I dug up a old picture of mine, the problem being that the pose is fugly, so I was hoping that someone could help me with a better position for the arms (if you've got an art program of your own just draw over what i've got) it would be a really big help. Also if anyone has ant suggestions on how to colour the skin in a way that matches the hair please let me know

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
I am not sure how to do it, but I like this site.
http://www.kawaiihannah.com/illustration/tutorialdetail.php?tutorial=2

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, that's a good tutorial for coloring. Basically, you just pick your base color, and then gently apply shadows to it, and some highlights if needed. I also love this one: Link!. It's a Photoshop tutorial, but basically any good picture editing software will do the same thing.

Now, for the arms, it mostly depends of what you want your character to say. Since his eyes are looking up, you might want to do something where the arms throw an object in the air, or anything that would add something above his head. Or just take his arms back in front of him, maybe holding something... I might try something if I have some time this week...