Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Unlockable Poses!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
All goals have been reached!

Hey everyone! If you don't know what unlockable poses are, it's simple. We set a specific goal that everyone must reach, and once it's completed we add an additional pose to an existing event item.

The Dragon Leaders have decided to show off their strength in a display of power, promising to make your Lotus Flowers even more grand than they currently are. All you have to do is find Lotus Flowers and count their petals! Once a pose is unlocked, we'll move on to the next goal.

Go to the event page.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
Most have assumed that the Lotus Festival will be cut short with the arrival of the strangers from before, but Lien quashes those rumors by calling for a sudden assembly. Surprisingly, she seems as jovial as ever when everyone gathers around her. “Hello, everyone!” She yells into the crowd, slowly raising her arms above her head. “I have an abundance of fire energy, so I’ve decided to upgrade all of your Fire Lotus Flowers.” She pauses and pulls a normal lotus out of her obi. “Lotuses are beautiful, aren’t they?” Twirling the flower by the stem, she smirks. “But, so is the magnificence of fire.”

She ignites the flower in a brilliant yellow flame that makes a phantom-like noise as a deep gold radiates from its center. It begins crawling up Lien’s arm and quickly surrounds her body, but the flames look more heavenly than dangerous. She stands with her arms outstretched and the lotus still firmly in her hand. “I know that it may seem like a simple feat, enchanting a flower with elemental energy. The robes, the lanterns, the weapons – even the potions that can change your very race… All of these are very complicated tasks, especially when most of them are headed by me and the other leaders.”

Lien tucks the flower into her obi, although the flames don’t ignite her clothes. She lifts her hands as the fire dissipates, displaying red scales hidden beneath her soft peach skin. “I am the leader of the Fire Dragons. I can do these things because I have one of the deepest wells of Fire Energy in my tribe: so much, in fact, that I can pour huge amounts of energy into countless items while still maintaining my human appearance.”

The queen pulls the flower back out. “I’ll make a trade with everyone,” She finally flicks the fire out of it, revealing the petals to be as silky and pink as they were before. “You see, I love lotus petals, so, I don’t allow them to wither away when I use my enchantments. If everyone can collect 8,000 Lotus Petals, then I will give all of you this upgrade for your Fire Lotuses.” With a grin, she bows. “Thank you for your time, Midoreans. You are all too lovely to grant us the stage after the incident yesterday. You are allies to the great dragon clans, and we are the strongest allies that you could hope for. We will not allow you to get in harm’s way.”
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote        
Sho bites his lip as he faces the crowd before him. With a deep breath, he crouches to the ground and jumps high into the air, flexing his arms to reveal luminescent scales. He holds both hands out and sends a gust of wind barreling toward the ground, using the force as leverage to hop onto a nearby rooftop. From there, he gives his speech.

He yells to the crowd, seeming more comfortable than before. “Power aside, I know how to use the wind.” He lifts his hands with a swooping motion and brings forth a larger, less concentrated gust of wind than before. This brings many small things to his feet at the roof, including lotus flowers. Picking up a plain pink flower, the leader tosses it into the air and catches it with an invisible force. The flower floats there as he continues speaking. “Can anyone reach that?” He teases, lifting the lotus ten feet above the ground. “Huh? Anyone?” The man laughs as a winged person jumps up, but he jerks the flower away with such a strong force of wind that they get knocked into a tree.

“My bad, my bad.” He stands and stretches his legs. “I can do cool magic tricks too, don’t worry.” Sho jumps from the roof and draws the lotus near him as he lands on the ground, barely pausing before he begins making complicated hand motions. “Don’t even try to keep up, no one will.” The wind around the flower begins moving faster, creating a vortex around Sho himself that sends people falling backwards from its force. Everyone covers their ears as the noise from the whirlwind grows, but it stops so suddenly that they fall to their knees, clutching their chests instead.

You look up. Everyone is bowed before Sho as he stands with a Wind Lotus in his left hand, enchanted with so much energy that its aura surrounds him as well. He spins slowly to show it to everyone else as they begin looking up too. “We all know the drill by now. You can all have this aura too if you collect 12,000 Lotus Petals.” Without another word, he puts the lotus away and stretches his arms above his head, covering his scales with skin once more.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
Tu steps before a clamoring crowd, giving a faint smile as he bows. “Huo Lien already spoke about the abundance of energy that she possesses. The same is true for the other clan leaders as well.” He gestures around, suggesting that Hanako and Sho are in the crowd. “I am the leader of the Earth Dragons, and our strength is in our discipline.” The man presents a lotus that he had been carrying, holding it an arm’s length from his body.

A spike of earth jumps from the ground and surrounds his forearm, trapping the lotus inside. He strengthens his stance by sliding a foot back and lifts his free hand to the mound. With a strong motion downward, the dirt falls back to the ground and his arm is left free; however, it is no longer human. Now lacking clothes and human skin, dark scales are revealed, shining like rich ore. In his hand, an Earth Lotus remains.

“Concentrated energy is where true strength lies.” He switches the lotus to his human hand, and, tightening his clawed one into a fist, he draws back for a punch. The leader strikes the Earth Lotus with remarkable speed, summoning earth from the ground again and wrapping the flower in a husk of mud and dirt. With as much speed as before, he stretches his fingers out, unfolding his fist to send the cocoon of earth flying outward and revealing a powerful Earth Lotus that radiates with his energy. The aura of earth left from the enchantment surrounds his arms and shoulders, spreading to cover his torso.

Tu drops both arms to his sides and bows as the crowd cheers around him. When he stands, his draconic arm twitches, and human skin grows over the scales. He presents the lotus again with both hands and concentrates the aura back into it. “You may all have the aura that I have displayed as well as the flower from before. Please collect 16,000 Lotus Petals in exchange for it. Thank you.” With another bow, he leaves.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Hanako slowly steps into the center of the crowd, which is already cheering away. As she looks up though, most of the cheers fade. She has been crying. “I have no power to put on display,” she admits, pulling a lotus out of her hair. “I can enchant these flowers like my friends, but that is not power.” She holds the flower in both hands and draws it close to her chest. As the young woman closes her eyes, she concentrates. The skin on her hands melts away like ice on flame, and her clawed fingers move around the fragile blossom, hiding it away as she glows with a blue light.

She opens her eyes, although they now appear draconic. “My strength is in nurturing others: dragons, flowers, people, and animals alike. That is not power.” She straightens her mouth, biting the inside of her lips as she stares firmly into the crowd. “But it is more valuable than any display of power I’ve ever seen.”

The leader stretches her arms out in front of her, keeping the lotus tucked away in her hands. She then spreads them open, sending a halo of mist out with the motion of her hands and revealing a large Water Lotus floating in a ring of water. She plucks it out and holds it close again. “I would be happy to share my creations with all of you.” She gives a slight smile, blinking slowly. Her eyes return to normal. “I, too, am collecting Lotus Petals. Collect 20,000 Lotus Petals for me, and you can have my aura with your Water Lotus Flowers.” She bows and tucks the flower back behind her ear, and she walks away without meeting the eyes of anyone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.