Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
I was also wondering what programs do you use when you draw? I'm trying to figure out gimp right now and I really love photoshop. I've tried Corel painter [I think that is what it is called.] and found it to be okay.
Crispy Bacon

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
I use paint tool sai which I recommend and I totally didn't download my copy illegally what no way. I started out with sketchbook express and artrage studio which came with my tablet but I don't really like either one very much? Maybe I just didn't really give them a chance, not sure. I prefer using gimp for graphics as opposed to drawing, but one of my favourite artists produces amazing drawings with gimp so I'd like to give it a shot sometime soon. /o/

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
For tablets, I have the Wacom Graphire 4....which they no longer make....but I know there are people out there who wish they still do because they can't stand bamboo (which is what replaced them). I don't have problems with it...but I hardly ever use it anymore unless I am trying to draw a curve free-handed and I have a hard time doing that with a mouse. But for something that is out now....maybe the intulos? Or whatever it is called? I think that is supposed to be a good tablet.

Mine came with a few programs. Corel Painter 2.0, which is nice but I don't use it. And Adobe Photoshop Elements something? I don't remember because I don't have it installed because I have Photoshop CS6....which I just updated to a few months ago *had cs4 but when she got her tablet she was using Photoshop 7 (which was a used version given to me) which didn't work with her tablet because she couldn't get the pressure to work* Although honestly...I haven't tried it with CS6 yet...

Other than that....I have used my tablet for Draw My Thing on Facebook. XD Then my friends called me a cheater because I was using a tablet. lol
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote        
I have a Bamboo Fun (or whatever the old model that came with a wireless mouse is called) that my parents gave me a few years ago, and a Bamboo Create that I bought last fall because I didn't want to carry my old one too much and wanted a bigger surface to work on. They both work fine as far as I can tell, even if I'm sometimes getting some pressure problem, but that's probably because I'm using both on the same computer and I'm guessing it messes some things. Confused

I mostly use Sai and Photoshop nowadays, although I played around with Gimp before. Sai is seriously one of the best programs I've seen for people who want to "draw" things digitally (and paint maybe), but it's not made to handle photos and similar things, which is something I really need to do for school, thus Photoshop happened (our school's computers are equipped with it, so it's easier to work with it at home too, helps prevent problems with file compatibility and such). From what I remember, Gimp was pretty good too (pretty much like the first versions of Photoshop), so it's also a nice tool if you can't afford other programs and don't want illegal copy. Neutral

killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
In terms of programs, I have Adobe Photoshop. I remember trying Paint Tool Sai, but I didn't really like how it turned out. What I made came out too... smooth? I don't know, I was probably too used to photoshop. GIMP is pretty good, especially for beginners, though naturally it doesn't have many of the things PS has.

One program I like to use when I want to create clean lineart is FireAlpaca (another free program, yay!) I find it makes lines better than photoshop (plus it doesn't lag as much on slower computers, it's a lot simpler), and it's also got a few useful things like the perspective tool thing.

Shh Crispy it's ok who can even afford super expensive programs like these anyway