Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
I was wondering what tablet do you use to create your art? I had a Wacom tablet that just recently died on me. I'm looking to see if anyone could tell me about a different brand and if they find if it is of good quality.
I'm looking in the price range of 100- 300 dollars to spend.

Also for all of the non tablet users: What medium do you like to use when creating art?

If I'm not on my tablet drawing I like using pencils or charcoal.
Crispy Bacon

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
I bought a Bamboo Splash recently for about $70. It's nice but kind of annoying because I've had problems with it and am continuing to have problems with it and it's just bLEH. Bad first tablet experience so far. oTL

Usually, I just use pencils because I only ever seem to sketch things? I dabble around a little bit with pastels, watercolour, and acrylic but I don't really enjoy it as much. *o*

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote        
What kind of problems? With my wacom the pen no longer works and the cable somehow got bent so it has connectivity issues. I think I need one that is durable.

I've yet to try acrylic. Soon.... What do you draw usually?
Venya1Aven

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote        
I have a wacom bamboo capture. its pretty good so far anyways. its about 100$ I got it for 80 cause the person was nice enough to give u a discount. >_<
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote        
Wacom is the only brand I've tried. It is my first tablet and it lasted for about a year with no complications until the cord got bent.

I might have to try the bamboo capture then. Soft Smile It is in my price range too. Hmmm...
killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote        
I own a Wacom Intuos 4. It cost... I honestly don't quite remember, but it was certainly within your price range. I had a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch a while ago before buying this one, and I like this one quite a bit better. Not only does it seem to last longer, but I have better control over the pressure and a few glitches I found in the bamboo aren't present. Also, it has a replaceable cable. Hai

When using traditional media, I usually use a pencils or acrylics.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
It has a replaceable cable. Hmmm.... I just checked that one out on Amazon and it does seem pretty nifty. Thank you so much for your input. I think I've just decided which one I'm going to buy.
hiei

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote        
I have a Bamboo Splash, it was around $80 USD.
I've not had much of a problem with it and I'm not going through to many nibs. I'm almost done with the 2nd nib and I got this thing ruffly 5 months ago. Happy
Blazinfox555

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote        
I have a Wacom Intuos 4, for Christmas mind you, but I had scoped it out earlier and I think it was about $100 when I got it. I've had it for almost 4 years now. Never had any problems except for this one time when it got unplugged and the left/right handed connecting slider thing moved so I couldn't get it back into right handed mode. I freaked out so bad, lolol. But that was in the beginning, but it took me a couple days to figure it out.

I have had absolutely no problems with it other than some programs not letting my pen go all the way across the computer screen. I've only gone through one nib out of a lot. Only thing concerning me is that because I only draw in one area of my tablet the covering is getting shiny and seems to be getting thinner. Idk if that's a problem though, and its only something I've noticed this year. If you don't want the cord to get messed up either always keep it together or let it hang loose and out of your way.

So, all in all I would have to say that my tablet is really nice, and I love it.
hiei

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
Theres a surface to Wacom tablets that supposedly mimics paper, the wearing down doesn't mean much more then a) you may need to get it resurfaced in 4 more years or b) buy a new tablet.
Crispy Bacon

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
Kail_Thander wrote:
What kind of problems? With my wacom the pen no longer works and the cable somehow got bent so it has connectivity issues. I think I need one that is durable.

I've yet to try acrylic. Soon.... What do you draw usually?

I had some problems with it not syncing with my computer screen, so if my pen hovered over a place on my tablet, the mouse wouldn't automatically go to the same place on the actual computer screen. That isn't happening any more, but now I'm having problems with pen pressure, where there isn't only one pressure and it's just clickclickclick. I can fix it by restarting my computer but it's a bit of a nuisance. I just have bad luck with a lot of things, most of the things I try to use have some sort of problem. oTL

I'm actually allergic to acrylic paint hahaha, but I paint with gloves because it's easier to use acrylic than watercolour in some cases. I usually draw people, although I do draw other things. Other things are just a lot of work. /o/

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
I've found that if you're having lots of trouble with you pressure sensitivity and other things like the mouse on the screen not going where you pen is that you might want to download an updated version of the software for your tablet from the makers.

Usually all you need is the model, code, and id. All of which, for me, is on a sticker on the back of my tablet.
hiei

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
Mine auto-updates?
But the pen freaks out and Clickclickclicks nomater what I do, so I have to restart after that.
Crispy Bacon

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote        
hiei wrote:
Mine auto-updates?
But the pen freaks out and Clickclickclicks nomater what I do, so I have to restart after that.

YES SAME. The Bamboo Splash is just buggy atm I think. oTL

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote        
Right now the only drawing program I can use it with is photoshop because it wants to right click everytime I go to draw with anything else. It's rather annoying.