Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote        
I found a damn wise comment about anger on Youtube, of all places.
Quote:
Anger is one of my favorite emotions - so passionate - and righteous anger is a sign of a healthy sense of boundaries.

Righteous anger is a sign of a healthy sense of boundaries... That's really wise.

What do you think about that idea? I'm pretty brain dead tonight, but I at least wanted to start a discussion here. Hopefully I'll be more coherent tomorrow.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote        
Righteous anger is something that is very important, and needs to be exercised more often I find. People seem to think that to get along you need to bend to other people's whims and not cause a scene. When in fact, it should be quite the opposite.
Righteous anger results not from hate, but from a deep compassion towards someone. If you see a person you care about doing something you know is stupid, or is endangering to them or others - you can feel angry, but that doesn't mean you hate them. I think some people forget this fact, and instead try to be only "nice" for fear of loosing that friend. If they are truly your friend, they will understand why you're angry with them, or in time will understand.

So yeah, my feelings towards that subject are pretty strong. I hold the idea to myself, as well as my friends. I've had my fair share of people who beat around the bush, and I don't care to return to any of them. Only those who are not afraid to say what needs to be said, no matter how hard, are worthy of my friendship. (also, they were pretty poisonous relationships anyway so that was another factor)

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote        
I'm pretty honest with my anger, but more often than not, it feels like it comes from fear than anything else. I'll get angry at someone who is threatening my personal space or safety more than I will at someone who is just bothering me.

Lately, I've been getting angrier than I did before. I'm not sure why. People say that angry people just jump to that emotion because they don't want to deal with more vulnerable emotions like fear or sadness. That makes sense. I'm not sure if that's why I do it, though.