Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Hanging under the Lotus Tree [Hangout]
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Glad to hear you're doing well! Please don't die in the heat. Drink lots of water. No dying allowed. It's good you don't have a headache today. Sorry you've apparently been having them a lot.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
I will drink lots. And it'll be cooler here eventually...it's just that I stay at my parent's right now and they're being cheap stubborn and not putting on the air yet because it's not supposed to be hot enough to need it the rest of this week. But it is today. Neutral

And my head just hurts all the time anyway; I get migraines and tension headaches because...stuff...and I have terrible allergies, so this time of year is always worse for headaches. Duh

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote        
It's been hot on and off over here. It's almost 80 degrees in the room I'm in right now, but we don't have the AC on only because I'm not feeling well and I'm a bit cold today. ><;

I get migraine headaches too. It's a terrible thing to have to deal with, but I hope you have medicine and other things that help you! I take my medication fairly regularly lately. Stress is a key trigger for me. Among many others.

And allergies are horrible this year near me too. I don't know where you are, but I hope you're finding a way to cope with the allergens if you have them ;-;
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I have medication so it's fine...for both my allergies and headaches. Usually I can handle both pretty well...but sometimes I don't like taking a pharmacy's worth of pills. xD;

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today, hopefully you'll feel better soon. And I swear, it's like 90 degrees here right now. >_<;

Thanks for your concern and conversation though.~ Sweat :bounce
:
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
I effing hate allergies and migraines. I work in the compy all day so I get migraines a lot. And I have to walk a long way to work, so I get allergy exposure a lot. I find, claritin 24 hours, over the counter, does WONDERS. Like seriously.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
I take Alegra, myself...honestly, it works better for me than anything else I've tried. Sweat
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, it's naturally for me to worry about others. But I'm glad your medication helps. I don't personally enjoy taking medication either- I tend to stray from it because I've had severe effects from medications in the past. A few months ago, I was on a new anti-depressant and nearly needed to be hospitalized because I was getting so much trouble from auditory hallucinations- that week I basically lived off muscle relaxers while trying to get off the meds. But because of it, I'm very timid in general with meds. I avoid even over the counter things even if I need them as much as possible. Not the best approach by any means either, but...Oops.

Empy: Claritin is useful, yep. We mostly use Allegra in my house, but we do use zyrtec and claritin sometimes too. Claritin I mostly use when I need something definitively non-drowsy, but usually I just take a 24hr Allegra before bed. Ironically, I don't have actual allergies. Just intolerance to all allergens.
Brittany

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
My allergies are like immune to any kind of allergy medicine. When I take allergy medicine, it just gets worse. :/ I've tried Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec and just like everything. D:
I get migraines/headaches VERY rarely, but when I do get one, I am like paralyzed for the whole day and have to go to sleep. ;;

Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
I HAVE to have the non-drowsy. I have a skin condition that increases the histamine in my body. I used to just take anti-histamines, and one, ONE would knock me clean out.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
Yikes! I have a skin condition, but it doesn't increase the histamine in my body. Wait, how does a skin condition increase histamine? I mean...I know skin conditions that effect/are affected by the immune system, but...
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote        
I have eczema. I don't produce the oils that are needed to keep my skin dry and the histamine gets to run rampant, let's put it that way. I'm itchy all the time if I don use my expensive creams >.<

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
Ah. Yikes >< Sorry to hear you have to deal with that. My dad was thought to have eczema in the past, but he ended up having psoriasis instead. Both stink in my opinion. And I shouldn't be able to know that since I can't smell!
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
Lol!
I really don't understand why we don't have cures for them yet. I mean, we know EXACTLY what causes both of them. How hard is this folks?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
There's treatment, but no cure. It's troublesome, yes...But one day, maybe.

And lol, I'm not sure we've found the reasons behind them completely. Psoriatic arthritis is a genetic-based thing, usually, but my dad has no genetic trace of it despite having it.

Basically: Bodies are weird, especially if you're from outer space. No seriously a clinic said my uncle must be from another planet so it must be true.
Empy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
Lol weird.