Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
I'll probably be there later. I'm in the hype of my new iPad. Happy

I should probably use skype more...I don't really talk to people on it...plus I think I am going to stop signing in with my Live account and just log in with Skype account. *mostly uses fb chat and only talks to one person on skype who was on msnm but then just made a skype account*
killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote        
I have a question. What else can go between the <head></head> tags other than the title of the webpage?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
Pretty much anything. The <title> won't appear on the page, but anything just stuck in the <head> will

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
Aha... then what is the point of the head if it's pretty much like the body? Duh

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
Because it's the header. It will always be at the top. It's a coding thing really. It holds webpage information usually, like source code things that you don't see but make it look good.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for your help C: I'm probably going to start analyzing web page HTML after I'm done with this course, see how much I understand.

Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
Wait, has this started? OH NO
xD

::Shop::
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it'll hold your src for CSS stylesheets, javascripts, and what have you! Also META tags and all kinds of other tags... Laugh

And yeah, AnDe. xD Go check the discussion boards, we're working on the first section of web fundamentals. Weeeee

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Zillah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote        
Haha no way! My partner is coding on that site right now. He finished learning CSS/HTML and is learning Javascript now. I'm kind of jealous because he learned CSS/HTML so fast with this thing and when I learned it I mostly did so by trial and error, tinkering with web pages and looking stuff up when I couldn't figure out the answer, so it took forever. Codecadamy probably didn't exist seven years ago when I was learning. But I do want to try learning JavaScript. I love coding web pages, and I figure it would be pretty useful to. I already know a bit of Java (and I'm taking a class right now to learn more), so I could probably manage JS while I'm at it. I might have to join you guys on there!
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote        
Zillah: Another Java person! Although it's been so long since I coded anything in Java....I was in high school to be exact. XD So like 6 years ago I guess? Graduated in '07. I had two years of computer programming which was nothing but Java. I've only dabbled in JavaScript once and that was for a thing I went to because I was invited to it when I was in high school for learning more specific things. It was cool, so I am glad javascript is one of the things offered on codeacademy. Smile
Zillah

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Haha cool. That's about the same time as when I started learning CSS/HTML. It's so cool that your high school had programming classes! I'm a little jealous. The only computer classes at my school just taught how to use Microsoft and Adobe software. -_-

I am excited to learn Javascript since I think it will complement my knowledge of CSS/HTML. I think it would be pretty cool to be hired as a web developer some day, maybe for one of the avatar sites where I hang out. ^^
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry, was gone all day yesterday trying to get our internet upgraded. Laugh But everything's fixed.

We're still going by one section per day, so you should be up to section 3 so far. If not, they're easy to go through so it won't take long to catch up. I'm only on section one myself. xD So I'll need to go through and catch up as well.

So you guys are interesting in javascript? I've not dabbled much in that yet, but it looks interesting. They also have jQuery, which they say might be better to do first - but that's mainly for beginners.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote        
Zillah: We didn't have any adobe or microsoft classes. The only classes with computers were for computer programming (in which we got booted out of that lab when it came to the SOLs) and then Accounting. That was it. Computer Programming 2 was supposed to be HTML/CSS but when I started it, there was a new teacher because the original teacher got bumped up to being the whole school's computer tech person. And 3 was supposed to be C++....everything was just java though. But since he found out I already knew basics of html, my midterm was on that....then I made the mistake of putting css in it and my final was on css. At least it wasn't on java....html and css is much easier. XD

Cat: I am interested. Happy But I will go in whatever order I am supposed to go in. Happy And I need to play catch up as well....I went to work yesterday then came home and just chatted. Today I am cleaning. So maybe later I will go to the next section. Or I'll chat...I don't know. lol
killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
I will be able to start doing things tomorrow.

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote        
@Terrena: You can go ahead and start if you'd like, or you can go in order. xD Honestly, whatever you're comfortable with.

@Kitty Awesome! Hai