Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Shakily, Nat staggered to her feet and glanced over at the man she'd been running with. Looks like we both got lucky with weapons. She hefted the gun in her hands. It was a bit heavy, but nothing she couldn't handle. Gingerly, she rooted through the remains of the guard until she found a spare box of ammo and the holster, which was unfortunately torn. She chucked the useless thing and caught up with the others, sliding the barrel of the gun into the front of her prisoner pants.

"Everyone okay?" she asked, not even sure if she'd get an answer or not. Probably not. And I thought I was a bitch, she thought, eyeing the one holding the blonde guard prisoner.

A white-haired female had joined the group, and it appeared that another prisoner and the male guard had caught up with them.

"Great, this is just great," she muttered. "The Psychotic Doctor over here is in charge of us all now." She glared at the male guard. "Can't you do something?"

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
"Whoa lets all hold on just a cod fucking picking minute here alright! We are all basically in the same god damned bullshit mess. So it's probably better if we all work together as much as I am really not all for that idea. Seems to be a better plan than oh I don't know fucking suicide." Renee said putting herself in the middle of the mess of people that seemed to keep popping up. From what it looked like now they were all in a bigger mess than she originally had thought they were in.

"I mean I guess I can respect if y'all don't really agree with that but hells fucking bells there's monsters and what's left of mangled dead people around us. Maybe we should consider that before fighting amongst what seems to be left of us. My names Renee by the way not that anyone asked but maybe some introductions will calm the mood." She continued after a short while. It seemed to always be her way in such situations as these when things had gone to shit. It was how she had gotten hired on by a band of mercenaries in the first place after all.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
Jove had spent the the last several minutes watching people arrive and observing their various interactions with his hand held firmly over the gash on his forehead, in hopes it might stop bleeding soon. Apparently it hadn't; when he pulled his hand away and glanced down at his fingers they were, once again, coated in fresh blood. Sighing he wondered vaguely if he might need the gash sewn up or something. His shoulder was still thrumming with pain, but it didn't seem to be dislocated at least, and his legs had started to regain a bit of feeling; which bought his attention briefly back to his twisted ankle. Yep, today had pretty much sucked so far, and looking at the motley group gathered around, he didn't really see it getting any better any time soon.

Renee's voice brought him out of his discontented thoughts, and he nodded in silent agreement; they really all should be trying, at least, to work together. He didn't see the group's chances of survival as very high (at least not everybody in the group's), but they were certainly less so alone.

"Hi Renee. Nice to meet you...well, sort of. Heh. I'm Jove, and I'm inclined to agree with you. Stickin' together seems to be our best chance at coming out of this with our lives...and hopefully most of our limbs...intact."

He turned momentarily to Shawn, already regretting what he was about to ask, but knowing it more-or-less had to be done.

"Uh...hey. I've got a question for you. Did I hear you say you know your way around a med kit? You think you could manage some stitches when we get to somewhere we can stop for a second?"

He pointed a finger at his bleeding forehead before continuing.

"Look, you don't like me, I get it. I'm not too crazy about you so far either. But I think we got off on kinda the wrong foot. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Really. I don't have much to offer you as payment, all I got with me is this intestine-covered gun, and some prison clothes. But. I can promise to watch your back for as long as we're going in the same direction (and as long as it doesn't come between me and you, sorry.) Also, as long as we're going the same way, I'll shut up and leave you alone. What d'ya say? I'm offering you a set of hassle-free extra hands in return for the one tiny favor of not letting me bleed to death and saving my pretty face." Sweat

He offered the woman what he hoped was his most sincere smile; though most of his smiles always came across as looking shady, no matter how hard he tried.

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:52 am Reply with quote        

The cyborg’s eyes flickered rapidly to each speaking person, attempting to keep up with the flow of conversation. First, it appeared that the brown haired woman from before had...anger management issues of some sort, and was now holding a blond haired woman hostage. Second, a slew of characters appeared, and a female was speaking in a language that the cyborg did not understand. It seemed to be English...but with random substitutions of word spressed in along the way. Something about ‘fuck’ ing. Perhaps it was a declension of the word fugue? The cyborg searched her databases for the answer, but found nothing.

It came to her attention that they were giving out introductions of each other. The cyborg decided that she would as well, in a friendly attempt to get to know the rather...interesting cast that was around her.

”Greetings,” she spoke, ”I am cyborg model one thirteen c, otherwise known as...” It was then that the female paused, tilting her head, ”Do I even have a name?” She looked around, finally spotting a few letters engraved into her left hip, ”I am R1NA, which stands for Rotation One Nuclear Assassin. However, you may call me Rina.”

Rina... she thought to herself, I have a name....I have an identity now.

It was true that when Rina’s original body was destroyed, her cyborg one, reconstructed around the remaining pieces of her own body, was built to be a weapon of mass destruction. However, the people that had locked her up in the jail cell had long since disabled all weaponry and seemingly destructive units.

Rina gave the group a small smile, ”It is nice to be of your acquaintance.” She then bowed, as was the way she had been programmed to do when meeting new ‘benefactors’.

IC || OOC || THEME
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote        
"...Christ, Renee," Nat muttered. She rubbed at her lower back wearily and sighed. "Well, I'm Nat. Natalie, really, but don't even think of calling me that. It's Nat. And that's that." She shrugged and crossed her arms.

Internally she worried a bit for Jove; that was an awful lot of blood, but she tried to remind herself that head wounds bled quite a bit.

The cyborg was definitely a worry. "Rotation One Nuclear Assassin?" What the hell did that even mean? She was a little creepy, but she supposed nice enough. And considering she was a cyborg and had one mercenary-style of a name, chances are she was equipped with a couple of choice weapons herself. Yes. She would be useful to their little group.

"What about you, Scruffy?" she smirked, glancing at the guard. "What's your ACTUAL name, so we can stop calling you Sergeant Scruffy McSmoulder Pants?"

Behind them, down the hallways some, there were some stirring and screeching sounds, but faint. They were far off, but they had to get moving pretty soon. They needed to either find a place to hide and rest for the moment or find the escape pods. It had to be one of those choices because the third one was far too complicated: find weapons and fight these sons of bitches.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote        
"Looks like your Convict friends think we should all get along." Rossen said, after everyone threw in their two cents. He aimed his gun and shot, the bullet whizzed passed the convict's head that was holding Shell and implanted itself in an alien that had creeped up behind the two. "Maybe you should help the guy who's head is bleeding, before you need to fix your own head. It was a close call really." He said, his gun still aimed.

He looked to the girl who had asked him his name "Sergeant Rossen." he drawled unintentionally.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote        
Nat jumped and her jaw dropped as she watched him shoot the alien she hadn't noticed. She glared mildly at the sergeant, but felt a twinge of amusement.

"Pleasure," she remarked dryly and had to fight a bit of a smile. "We need to get going somewhere. Find somewhere to fix him up," she jerked her head in Jove's direction. "And stock up on weapons. And don't worry, Ranger Joe, we won't touch your precious armory," she snorted.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote        
Shawn was somewhat dumbstruck at the raw stupidity of her fellow prisoners. Really guys? You're thinking that letting the security, who wants all the cons back in cryo, keep conttol of the weapons and this situation as a whole is a good idea? Yeah, a very good, if you wanted to get re-iced.

"You're all complete dunderheads," she muttered to herself, pressig the barrel.of her gun into Blondie's left shiulder. "Bleeding tatto guy, I'll fix.your head if you take Sarge's personal weaponry from him. Knock him senseless, or even shoot him in the foot, and I'll even keep you alive until we get out of here." She faced Renee, who started the round of introductions, and glared. "I don't care if you keep calling Psychotic Doctor, so fuck off. And as for you, Sarge-" at that point, the Sergeant fired at the alien behind Shawn , and Shawn reflexively pulled the trigger on the gun in her hand. Ignoring the cry of pain from the guard, Shawn's head whipped around, and her stomach clenched painfully tight, but the rest of the hallway was clear. There was a moment of silence...nothing slithering along the floor or skittering through the air ducts. Just pained whimperings from a female security guard.

"Oops," Shawn said, not sounding sincere at all, "See Sarge, this is what happens when you don't listen to the apparently psychotic woman with a human shield and a gun. Jove, my offer still stands. I still want that guy disarmed. As for tye rest of you...no way in hell am I working with anyone who wants me back in cryo for the rest of my natural life...and you're idiots if you want to." Shawn's skin crawled, and her stomach twisted, but she ignored the feeling, and watched the Sergeant from behind her human shield.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
Jove watched the whole situation in front of him unfold. His face showed nothing, but underneath that blank facade his mind was whirring. It was true that they needed to stick together but, as much as he hated to admit it, he partially agreed with Shawn. Giving the Sergeant control of anything seemed like a terrible idea. Then again, he really didn't fancy the idea of leaving anyone (no matter how big of an asshole they seemed) to the things now controlling this ship. He jumped a little when the sarge shot the alien behind Shawn, not seeing the man have drawn his gun. Maybe this guy could be useful, probably not, but still.... Sighing he weighed his words carefully and spoke after too long of a pause for a supposedly nonchalant guy like him.

"Nice shot, sarge" he muttered under his breath, before continuing. "I'm not a complete dunderhead, thank you. Only about 3/4 of one...maybe even less so now. Or would this make it more...?"

He laughed at his own stupid joke and cleared his throat, more directly addressing Shawn. "Now, I mostly agree with you. I fuckin' hate to say it, but there it is. This guy..." he threw a lazy finger in the direction of the sergeant "...only cares about one thing besides killing these alien bastards, that is. And that's gettin' us all back on ice and after this shitstorm's straightened out gettin' us all back where we belong...outta the way and no longer a menace to society, hm?" He flashed an arrogant smile at the guard.

He walked over to the sergeant, careful to stay to the left and slightly behind him. Quickly, and without giving the guard a moment to respond (he hadn't gotten this far as a thief by being clumsy and slow) he kicked the man's knees, sending his feet slipping out from under him. As the man toppled to the floor, Jove leapt on his back and pulled the man's arms behind his back. Holding his arms pinned with one hand, Jove searched the sergeant's belt and after a moment found what he was looking for. He slapped a pair of energy cuffs on the man's wrists, effectively binding his hands.

"You're not that tough, actually...don't know what these girls were worried about." He smiled condescendingly down at the man and started disarming him, throwing his guns and various weapons in a pile at the group's feet. "But I say share the wealth sarge. You ain't a one man army, after all." He hopped up off the man's back, noticing with dismay just how shaky his legs seemed at the moment.

He looked at Shawn and sighed. "Now, he ain't much of a threat to you any more, sweetheart. But I'm not gonna leave him here to get torn apart by those things. If you don't wanna help me 'cause of my unwillingness to be a cruel bastard, than fine...don't." Neutral He leaned back against the wall, blinking some blood out of his eyes. He was really so tired.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
Sarge let out a roar as his knees collapsed and he fell to the ground. As the cuffs came on his hands he waited patiently, enraged as his weapons were thrown in a pile in the middle of the floor. Once Jove walked away he sat up back against the wall and reached into his back pocket. He grabbed the key to the cuffs out of his back pocket and swiftly turned the energy off to the cuffs. They fell to the floor with a clank.

Standing he shook his wrists out, "Nice try, but you have to be more inventive than that. And you are a dunderhead, obviously I would have the key to the cuffs on me." he snorted. He didn't need these convicts to live, if anything they'd be the death of him. He needed to leave this group to fend alone if he wanted to survive.

He unzipped his assualt jacket and reached into the inside pocket revealing a grenade. He gripped it tight in his hand, now he was on edge, nobody was going to catch him off guard again.

"Now you can either hand me back my weapons, or I can drop this grenade blowing up both the weapons and anyone too slow to run." He put his teeth on the pin ready to pull if they didn't comply. If anyone dove for a weapon they'd be dead before they could jump up and run away from the blast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
Jove slipped down the wall and closed his eyes. That had been dumb. Why hadn't he thought to search for the sergeant's keys?Confused He honestly hadn't thought the man could have reached them (but he also had forgot to consider his truly shitty luck thus far.) He knew he should be thinking, trying something, anything, to get out of this mess but he just didn't care anymore. He was so tired. His head was fuzzy and the sounds in the hallway began to fade in and out. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a pretty, smiling girl. He gasped in surprise. He wasn't sure if his eyes were open or not, but it didn't matter. Nothing did, except following the girl...he had thought that she was dead, but here she was beckoning to him. He felt her name form on his lips. The corridor and all its problems seemed a million miles away.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Thanks Jove," Shawn said as the man knocked over and cuffed the Sergeant.

"Oh, thanks Jove," she said as the Sergeant popped up and held a grenade up. She glanced around, judging how far everyone was from the explosive. Twenty feet, maybe.

"That grenade...it's kinda small, isn't it?" Shawn asked, "Now I'm no ballistics expert, but a grenade that size won't make a big enough explosion to kill us. The fire itself'll br small, and the concussive blast'll hit us like a wall of bricks, but we're all intact. A wall of bricks.won't do more than a concussion or a cracked rib. I mean, Jove might be in trouble, but the rest of us will just be shaken up." Shawn grinned, and shoved Blondie to the floor.

"Pull the pin," she challenged, " we'll live, you'll die...no real loss there. Or drop it, get face down on the floor with your hands on your heads, and you have a better chance of surviving long enough to hunt us down. Your pick really." Shawn's grin faltered as her stomach clenched again, even tighter and more painful than before. A splitting headache bloomed behind her ears, and Shawn suddenly became voraciously thirsty. The taste o f raw sewage, rotting chicken, and formaldehyde seemed to get stronger, and she had to resist the urge to gag. After a moment, Shawn mastered herself, and turned her attention back to the Sergeant.

"So, Sergeant Scruffy McSmoulderpants...what's it gonna be?"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Sarge sighed angrily and put the grenade back where he pulled it from and zipped back up. Crossing his arms he said, "So what are we going to do now that you've put yourself in charge con?" Eying the situation he looked for a way to get his hands on a weapon without getting his head blown off. The sooner he could get away the better.

Then he looked down at the floor at Shell, a pang of guilt hit him hard but it didn't show on his face. She had to be in a shit ton of pain, but she would live. He wished there was something he could say or do to comfort her but he couldn't think of anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Nat knelt down beside Jove and then beside the guard. "They're both unconscious." She ran her hands through her hair, stiff and still a little sticky with drying cryogel. "Aw, Christ." She glared at first the convict and then Rossen, trying to decide who she hated more right now.

Her eyes landed on the cyborg, who had continued to stand there throughout this whole scene. "Look. Rina, is it? Could you come here please?" she asked, the polite tone feeling strange on her lips.

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote        

In the blink of an eye, many events happened, and Rina’s mind hadn’t fully booted up yet, and as a result, she had a hard time really observing the actions of the human people in front of her. Too much had happened, and her systems weren’t all fully restored yet.

Rina heard someone calling her name, and she turned, her eyes scanning over the human. She seemed a bit aggressive, but then again, Rina was a cyborg and didn’t understand the meaning of aggressive very well. ”Yes?” she replied, walking towards her and the unconscious man, ”What do you need me to do?”

IC || OOC || THEME