Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote        
Jove was just able to catch himself against one of the infirmary's counter tops in order to keep himself from hitting the floor, but that didn't stop his ankle from hurting where the woman had twisted it. It also didn't stop him from inhaling a sharp breath when his ribs hit the counter; an action he immediately regretted as he felt his lungs begin to burn from the toxic fumes.

Shit he thought, eyes clamped shut staggering blindly towards the door. That bitch is crazy. Oh well, so she was. He was going to be damned if he was going to die here like this; he didn't want to die, but if he was going to there were far more interesting ways than being poisoned to go. He stumbled over to the door and was able to just get it open and stumble out into the corridor in time to hear Shawn's question to the guard. That's what I wanted to know anyway, you twat. Roll Eyes

Gasping cool breaths of fresh (well,fresher anyway) air he slunk into the shadows awaiting the guard's answer. The women could see him, he had no doubt, he just had to hope the crazy one was too preoccupied with the guard right now to want to try to kill him again. As long as he stayed out of her way, he hoped he wouldn't have a problem. Chances were there'd be enough pods for all of them, if he could stay out of the crazy chick's way long enough to get to one of them.

His eyes burned, and his head swam. He coughed quietly into his sleeve hoping no one would hear him.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Nat huffed in frustration. She was used to being treated like a stupid little girl. With her size and unfortunate hair color, everyone assumed she was a naive and simple-minded child, rather than a wiser-than-her-years mid-twenties grown woman. She watched with a strange sense of panic as the woman dragged the guard off.

She wasn't used to panicking; she always kept a calm and cool head, but this situation...she was unprepared for it. There was a flash of a memory, two small children clinging to their mother's legs, the same sense of panic rippling through her as she saw one of her friends, her fellow partner in crime, raising a gun to the mother's head...

Golden hair whipping her face, Nat shook her head fiercely. Now is not the time, she thought firmly and turned to look at the man she'd been conversing with, only to see that in her second of distraction, he had snuck up behind the guard. She jogged towards them, down the hallway and through the door of the infirmary, just in time to see him lash out and kick her bag.

Two jars burst open on the floor and though nothing visible rose from it, she could tell by one quick sniff that it was bad news.

"Move, blondie, unless you wanna tear your lungs to pieces too." The now-masked prisoner made for the doors and Nat hurried out ahead of them.

Now where're the emergency escape pods? Every boat's gotta have liferafts.

"Wait! You...you can't just leave him in there!" Nat said, outraged. She was about to turn and open the doors herself when he came stumbling back out. She breathed a quick sigh of relief and turned to glare at the female prisoner. "What the hell are you doing? Christ, woman, we can't just start attacking each other! We've got to..."

There was a loud crash and Nat ducked at bits of steel shrapnel flew everywhere. An inhuman shrieking scream rent the air and she looked up, terrified, to see something straight out of her nightmares, a creature that gave face to every term she'd ever heard referencing them: alien.

(Nice long post, since I took forever to respond.)
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
"They're on the third floor, but I'm not sure we can access it with the power out." Shell muttered. "And I'm not blonde." she said under her breath. She walked out, still under watch. Hand-to-hand was always her weakness. The moment she could get far enough away this con had no chance.

She just had to work on getting that far away.

Shell was not happy with her current situation, but that was a given. She just hoped that all of this wouldn't reflect badly on her when she has to report this to to the Federation. Hopefully this ordeal will not do anything to keep her from getting another military career.

She did not want to end up a mall cop like her uncle.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
Renee had made it to right outside of the door of the armory. Taking a quick glance inside showed that walking in unannounced would probably get her blasted into next week. She decided to take her chances and yell into the room maybe this guy would see some sort of reason to her request. She doubted it but it was worth a shot what with those weird sounding noises coming down the hallway that didn't sound human at all.

"Hey Mr. security person or whatever you might be to the ship, think maybe I could have a weapon of some sort? I know you're probably not looking to arm a prisoner or anything and I can respect that really I can. But it would be nice if you could find it in your heart to consider giving me at the least a knife or just something. I don't know what is going on but I would rather have something than nothing if that makes sense to you." She said in her most polite tone she probably also sounded a bit frightened because whatever was making those noises was getting closer and she really wanted a weapon before seeing whatever it was that had made such a mess of what was left of the other people on board.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
Shawn glared at the gi yelling at her. I can do whatever I want she thought, it's his own stupid fault. Aw, dammit, he got out alive.... Then something made a very large crash.

"You sure you wanna stay here kid?" Shawn asked, "I'm gettin' out. If you plan aon staying, take that asshole with you." She nodded at the man, who was still coughing. "Idiot's more trouble thatn he's worth. Blondie, get me to an elevator, I'll figure the rest out." Another loud screeching of metal on metal, and...something leapt out.

"...and if you say that that thing is in between us and every elevator on this floor, I will shoot you. Now run." Shawn bolted, dragging the guard with her as she ran
Shawn wasn't really running toward anything in particular...just away.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote        
Jove glared at Shawn. Just as he was about to reply to her comment...all hell broke loose (well, more of it anyway.) The ceiling above them tore away and amidst the wires, steel beams and innermost workings of the ship another hulking thing glowered down at the group now gathered in the hallway. As the thing shrieked deafeningly, Jove wasn't entirely sure it was a different thing from the one he had seen earlier and he didn't really care; either way, it clearly spelled serious trouble for him...for all of them, actually.

Oh shit, shit, shit. We are all going to die on this Godforsaken prison ship! Could anything else go any worse today!? Shocked

Not voicing his frightened thoughts, he grabbed Nat's wrist and began tugging her in the same direction that the others were fleeing; it's not like he wanted to follow them, but there was really nowhere else to go. He didn't have any loyalty to the girl, but she had stuck up for him, surely not letting her be ripped apart was a good way to pay her back.

"Come on sweetheart! You stick around here too long, and that thing'll make mincemeat outta ya."

As he ran, adrenaline prevented his twisted ankle from being too noticeable; surely it would be throbbing later. Vaguely, he wondered if they were even going to be able to make it the third floor and what they might find there if they did.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
Nat hardly had time to let loose a frightened gasp when she was swiftly jerked in the direction the two women had run in.

"No kidding, Sherlock! Jesus Christ, we need weapons, goddammit!" she panted, running alongside him. She glanced over her shoulder; the alien didn't seem to be pursuing them and in fact it had disappeared. "Hey...hey, it's gone!"

She turned to look at the man and tell him this and saw a snarling black face, riddled with teeth, blood and glinting beady eyes a mere foot from her face. She screamed and fell, scrambling away from the thing that clung to the wall beside her. Her back hit the wall and something cold and steel bumped against her hand. A gun? It couldn't be. She couldn't be that lucky.

But it was a gun, and she brought it up and shot three rounds into the creature. Dark acrid blood pooled onto the floor as it slumped off the wall, the tentacles holding it up shriveling into its body.

Panting, her eyes wide in her pale face, she lowered the gun and glanced down at the body next to her. Mutilated and torn, it didn't disguise the fact that it had been a guard on the ship, the uniform in shreds. Never thought in my life it would be a good thing to see a dead guy, she thought.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
Dare glared at the girl peeking into HIS Armory. He considered for a second giving her something, before grabbing a knife and walking over to hand it to her. "Look, I'm not Mr. Nice guy, I'm not here to help convicts escape a ship that's gone to hell, and I certainly won't put my life on the line for a prisoner." he said, because he felt this made up for the fact he just handed her a knife.

"Now where the hell is Shell." He mumbled. After stocking up on a few more weapons and ammo, he exited the armory and dead-bolted it. He wasn't about to let the cons have a weapon party, even though it meant he couldn't get back inside either. He glanced at the convict he gave the knife before taking off down the hallway just in time to hear a scream not too far away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote        
Peter had remained motionless for some time after his regained consciousness. Part of the reasoning was that he wanted his head to clear. The rest of him didn't want to admit that he knew where he was. He hoped but highly doubted that this whole mess was just a horrible nightmare. I just inhaled some fumes and I'm going to wake up any moment up in my shop. Covered in engine oil. That's what I'm covered in. Ugh, who am I kidding?

He finally opened his eyes to get an idea of what was going on. When he saw that there was no one outside of his cryo chamber he became confused. Surely someone as "dangerous" as him would have some sort of guard to "greet" him when he awoke. He wasn't about to look this gift horse in the mouth and pulled the emergency release lever. He hesitated when the lid didn't automatically open, wondering what was wrong with the mechanism. He scrapped off as much of the gel from his skin and hair as he could before pulling on his prisoner's garb. When he managed to remove the gel from his ears he noticed how eerily quiet it was. Even the most advanced ships made some background noise.

No, there was noise out there. But it was all wrong. The scream that echoed though the air didn't help matters much. It didn't take him long to realize that staying in his cell wasn't going to do him any favors. He needed to get out of there. Peter left the dead cell and ventured out into the hallway to find answers, maybe some tools to help him along, or to use as a weapon.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote        
Shawn didn't stop running when the girl screamed. In fact, she pulled the steel bar from her belt, and ran all the harder, still dragging thr guard with her.

"You feel like being helpful any time soon Blondie?" she panted, "Or would you prefer spending some quality time with whatever that thing wa-ohSHIT!" Just as Shawn rounded a corner, something the size of a tiger but with a few more limbs leapt at her. Shawn, unable to stop herself in time, swung the steel bar at what she thought was the thing's head. The bar sunk into the creaure's flesh with a horrible 'schwick' sound, but its momentum brought it crashing into Shaen, knocking the woman to the floor.

For a moment neither of them moved. Then Shawn's arms emerged from under the hideous creature, covered in black ooze, and she dragged herself out from under its body. She turned her head to the side and spat out a mouthful of the ooze.

"That," she said, "was disgusting. Tastes like sewage and rotten chicken, with a healthy dose of formaldehyde. Don't...ask how I know what those taste like. Now please...where the hell are the elevators?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Jove had ignored Nat's retort to him (what was with all these lippy women, anyway?) having quite bigger things to worry about. Something that looked a lot like a gelatinous blob with glass protruding from somewhere near the top of it and encircled by roughly a dozen slimy, undulating tentacles had appeared between him and the rest of the fleeing group. How he had somehow wound up behind Nat, who he had been dragging along, was beyond him, but here he was.

He found himself regarding the thing in front of him with a kind of disconnected horror; he was too shocked to be as terrified as perhaps he should be. He had just enough time to wonder how he was going to possibly manage to get himself out of this one, when the thing spun on him. Several clammy appendages grabbed at Jove's legs and thrust him sideways into the nearest wall. He felt a sickening crunch as his right shoulder connected with steel and his head bounced off the wall. He slumped against the wall, at a loss for what to do; until his hand came across something on the floor.

He looked down. The thing under his hand was cool to the touch slimy and sticky at once. A familiar gleam of metal peeked out at him from this weird pile of ooze. He realized with a nasty jolt it was a laser blaster covered in the remains of its last wielder. Not stopping to think about it, he grabbed up the gun and fired a shot half-blindly in the direction of the tentacled abomination. the blast hit the creature somewhere on its side and it retreated up into the ceiling with a deafening shriek.

Shaking, and in considerable pain, Jove got to his feet and joined up with the others as quickly as he could. His legs felt oddly numb where the monster had grabbed them.

"No one worry. I'm fine. Found a gun. Shot an alien. I don't know about you all, but I'm having one helluva day."

He looked at Shawn, covered in gook, vaguely amused. "The hell happened to you? Whatever, I'm actually inclined to agree here...we need to find the elevators." He looked expectantly at the guard.

He brushed some stray hair out of his face and winced in pain as he did so. He drew his fingers away from his head and looked at them; theye were coated with fresh blood.

Nope. Definitely not my lucky day. Roll Eyes

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote        
"Hey wait up!" Renee yelled admiring the blade she had been handed for a moment before realizing following the guard was a better idea than standing around the armory her had just locked much less alone in the corridor with screams and other odd noises about.

"Not expecting you to watch my back or nothing but roaming alone don't seem to be the smart idea right now either." She continued as she managed to just barely keep up in pace with him when she had caught up to him. Which felt like it had taken much longer than it probably should have she attributed this to having been in cryo and her muscles not used to the movement just yet.

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote        

Cyan blue eyes flickered open, and a female figure awoke from her forcefully generated slumber. ”Checking all systems...” She closed her eyes, and for a moment, a flickering of numbers could faintly be seen on her eyelids, ”All systems onli-” Here she stopped; what seemed to be a
    metallic beeping noise emitted from the center of her torso. The robotic female cocked her head, ”Hmm...system is a bit dysfunctional...” She touched her stomach, and again, closed her eyes, ”It seems as though the offensive functions have been disabled.” Another moment of searching through her electronic database passed, and finally, the female sighed, ”I’ll have to look at that later. There seems to be some sort of lock that is causing it to malfunction.”

The female looked around once more, and spotted an open door. ”Hmm? What’s this?” she wondered aloud, then turned to see the whole room-, which was somewhat reminiscent to a jail cell. ”...Oh, I’m a bit daft,” she suddenly said, ”I should have rebooted my memory core and restored all past functions and mannerisms. That sleep must have been long...”

She closed her eyes for the third time, and a bright silver turquoise light shone from her core, as the whirring of machinery in her body signaled that the female was initiating the reboot of her memory. About a minute or so passed, and finally, the light ceased, and the female cyborg’s eyes fluttered open, a dazed and confused look on her face. ”That’s strange. I still cannot seem to reach into my memory database. There is a lock on there too.”

Before she could go on, a loud crash sounded from the outside, along with a rather awkward sounding, ‘schwik.’ The female, curious, slowly made her way outside the cell.

”Now please, where the hell are the elevators?”

There was a brown haired woman outside, covered in a mysterious substance-, possibly a black creature made of a gooey organic substance. The cyborg’s eyes intuitively scanned the human, ”All life signs positive.” A look of surprised crossed her face as she realized that she’d just spoken, ”A-ah...”

The white haired female looked rather flustered for a cyborg, ”My apologies for interrupting your rendezvous with the mysterious being of black goo,” she said, ”If you’d like, I could leave you two alone...?’ Though now that she looked at it, there were several others surrounding the woman as well.

Now, this wasn’t the cyborg joking around; in fact, she was being completely serious. As it had been a good amount of years since she’d first been put to sleep. The amount of data input into her was no longer very useful in her current situation. The cyborg now had to learn about most of the things that had happened while she was asleep, and this was no exception.

IC || OOC || THEME
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
"You can follow me or do whatever you want, but don't forget what I said," He grumbled. When he finished his sentence and turned the corner he came to face a group of people. The first thing he noticed was that brown haired girl, now covered in black goo, with Shell in her mitt.

"I should have guessed," he said shaking his head, "Let her go con," he said raising one of his guns from the mini-arsenal that littered his body. He ran one hand through his hair and sighed. He was always the one saving everyone's butts.

"I'm not above to shooting you, and if I do shoot you, it'll be in your knees so one of those things can finish you off since you aren't worth my time." he said bitterly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote        
Shawn sighed angrily at each new arrival, and stared down the sergeant. She yanked the guard in front of her.

"Why hi there, Sergeant Scruffy McSmoulderpants," she growled, "I don't know if you noticed, but the power seems to have shifted a little. You aren't the only one with a gun, and I am the only one with toxic gas grenades and a gas mask. Not to mention, I'm probably the only one here eho knows her way around a med-kit, so I'm the one you want alive when you get yourself hurt." Shawn pulled one of the guns she'd taken from Blondie out of her bag and oressed it againt Blondie's back.

"Also, if you want to shoot me," she continued, glaring at the sergeant from behind her human shield, "you'll have to go through your lackey here. In fact, if you don't put that weapon down, as well as drop the rest of your arsenal, I'll start putting slugs in this girl's joints, starting with her ball sockets. Shoulders. Knees. Hips. If you don't want your subordinate crippled for life, either drop the hand-cannon, or leave."