Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote        
||| Ask Yourself |||

Do you know that feeling, that utter and abrupt feeling that you have when you know someone's watching you? Do you get it all the time? If you do, then you're special. They always have a reason for it. The thing is, that feeling never lies. There is someone- rather, something watching everyone. All the time. Everyone. Especially you, as you're reading this. Especially us, as we're writing this. All the way across Ireland, our beloved hometown- or what you may think is Ireland. The world isn't real anymore, and we shall try to tell you the full truth before we... leave.

Because we all have secrets.

miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote        
|| You're Brave ||

We can tell by the fact that you read on that you're brave. You kept reading, believing us, or out of curiosity or perhaps just to humor a club of nutbags who think the world is going to explode. Either way, We applaud you. Most, while in your place, would have laughed and walked away, almost wanting to believe it, even though they may not have known it. But you, you are special, are you not? You've already proved yourself to us. But let us get to our real... briefing, if you may. There is a group of creatures out there in the world. These creatures are the fnord. They could be anywhere. They're more likely than not standing outside your window, this very second. These creatures are from a different reality. They assume the form of humans, often young ones, as yourself.

They could be one of your very best friends.

miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 am Reply with quote        
|||Rules|||

|1| When you make a character, please make it realistic. So no names like Bob or Sue. Have some imagination!

|2| No romance, please. Can't cuss either. If you do, star it out.

|3| This is an advanced roleplay. Don't just write single line posts. You must write at least 50 words per post.

|4| If you are inactive for over two weeks without PMing me, then you have to re-sign up.

These are the only rules, and they're fairly simple, so please follow them.

miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote        
||Join Us||

Here is the code to become one of us.

Code:
i'm: (name)
but call me: (nickname)
on the calendar: (age)
i'm obviously a: (gender)

||~~~~~||

mirror, mirror: (appearance/picture)
some say: (personality)
i'm different: (talents)

||~~~~~||

make a choice: (side, lumi*good* or fnord*evil*)
i'm an open book: (history at least 1 paragraph)
listen on the radio (two theme songs)

miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote        
||Keeping Track||

Thread:[url] http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=9817&highlight=[/url]
Characters:

Nicolette (Nic, Bounty Hunter)

What I need in Characters:

Servant
Prisoners
General
1 fnord

miamia609

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote        
||Monotonous||

Two Years Ago...

"Where are they?" a woman's voice rings out in the courtyard. It's haughty and cold and undoubtably cruel. Nic started, for she had been daydreaming of all the riches of the world. She put on her best careless air and replied innocently, "Don't know what ya mean, Mistress?" Nic thought she portrayed perfect innocence but apparently, the tall woman saw right through her. "Don't you kid with me, Miss bounty hunter." Nic winced. She hated being a bounty hunter. They were one of the lowest of the low. Only above henches. She was only in it for the money. Of course "The Mistress," as she had all her workers refer to her as, had more than enough money, in Nic's opinion.. Surely, if she really needed someone caught, Nic would get some of that money. The Mistress continued, "You shall find them for me, Hunter." "Well, it'll be tough..." grumbled Nic, defiant. The first rule of jobs like this; Even if it'll be a piece of pie, make it seem tougher to get the big money. "Save your breath. You're fully capable of this," stated the woman firmly. Drat.

miamia609

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote        
||The Lost||

Present Day...

The first thing Nic remembers; cold. Cold and dark and wet. This feeling was probably enhanced by the fact that she was underwater. She had time only to wonder why she was submerged in the icy lake in the middle of nowhere, when she remembered something. A name... Mistress. The wall holding back her thoughts fell apart, and the memories flooded through. It was her, she was... ordering a man to do something... Maybe Nic wasn't the sharpest sword in the weaponry, but she knew how to put two and two together. She had failed her task. She hadn't caught this criminal, this culprit. She struggled to the top of the lake with her half frozen limbs and crawled onto the bank. She lay there, shivering.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote        
"Call me a pansy," Taggert called to the shivering girl, his breath clouding in front of his face in the cold night air, "But I generally don' go for a swim when even the frogs avoid the water. Unless, o' course, that bloke you were wrestling with had somethin' besides a romantic dip in the lake in mind." Taggert had a wide smirk plastered on his face, and he was leaning lazily on a tree near the edge of the lake. His hands were stuffed into his pockets, and he was almost completely at ease.

"And as fun as hypothermia is," he continued, "you might want ta get up 'fore th' frost sets in. Your body won' be found 'til spring." Taggert pushed himself off the tree and strolled over so that he was standing over the girl on the ground, and nudged her with the toe of his boot.

"C'mon lass, up an' at 'em."

miamia609

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
||Winter||

"Eh, shut up, mist'r Sarcasm." Nic stood up and hugged her arms, giving them some warmth under her tanktop. "Who the heck're you, anyway?" She jutted out her chin weakly. "Ya know what, that doesn't matter," she said, a bit fiercely. "An, what bloke?" She was a little surprised at her own blabbermouth. Well, not really. It happened sometimes when she got angry or scared or excited. Which, in her defense did not happen very often. As a Hunter, she was trained to not show emotion. But right now, she just wanted to sit down and sleep. Surprising how coming close to death could make you tired. "Wait... you ever hear o' the Mistress? That psycho down in Belfast? Suppose it was her goon that tossed me in here. I mean, how bitter do they get? She never even told me who I was looking for and where to look! No wonder it dang took me two years! Jeez..."

{ Ooc: Lol, I love his accent and name! ◑///◑}

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
"The Mistress?" Taggert repeated, incredulous, "Yeah, 'course I heard o' her. Every piece o' scum north o' Dublin knows her. Knows ta steer clear of her, at least. Woman's insane, completely mental. You got ta be desperate to go to her for work." Taggert opened his bag and started rummaging through it, noticing that the girl was obviously freezing and didn't have nearly enough layers on. He pulled out a large coat and handed it to her.

"Here, before you freeze ta death. Also, it might be a good idea for you ta get out of here before that guy decides to come back to make sure the job's done. What was the job anyway? Two years is a long time to go after one guy...either you are a pathetic bounty hunter or she wanted you dead. Which is it?"

miamia609

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote        
"Er, thanks," Nic accepted the coat warily, still staring at the man. He seemed to be unarmed but you never know. Plus, technically, he had called 'imself scum; 'Every piece o' scum north o' Dublin knows her,' She wrapped the coat around her skinny arms. "I don't even rightly know what the job is. She just barged inta the courtyard one day an' was in a hissy-fit 'bout 'Somthin' lost.'"

"I'm guessin' the latter. Don' know why," she added. She had been thinking about that. The Mistress must have wanted her dead- mustn't she? "Oh, god," she groaned, heart racing. "I know what the job was supposed to be... " she sighed. "Couple days b'fore she sends me off, some pris'ner escapes the 'Dungeon'. Mistress freaks out, apparently he were important r' something. Called 'imself a Loomy or som'thing."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote        
"You took a job without knowing yer target?" Taggert's opinion of this girl was dropping rather quickly. Knowing a target was kind of important. Sure, there were those jobs when the employer wanted something done where there was no one specific person to kill and the Hunter could do as he saw fit, but when the employer wanted one specific guy dead...it was helpful to know who. Taggert shook his head and sighed.

"Well, what're you gonna do about it?" He asked, "You plannin' on finding this Loomy bloke and finishin' the job or runnin' south and hope that th' Mistress don't care all that much that you're still breathing?" Taggert was just trying to make conversation; he didn't actually care what this girl did. While it wasn't total chance that brought him to the lake she'd been thrown into, he had nothing riding on her continued existence, which he was sure would not be continuing for much longer. Maybe if Taggert brought the Mistress this girl's head, along with the head of this Loomy fellow, she'd put him in contact with some powerful people. Being in contact with powerful people was good. They had deep pockets and too many enemies to keep alive. Taggert grinned at the prospect. Yeah, running with powerful people was good.

miamia609

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
"I know, I know. It was stupid. I can't believe myself," Nic didn't like the man's face. It was shifty. "I have ab'slutely no idea what I'm doing." she groaned. "But, eh, I guess I'm gonna find the bloke, return 'im, an' hope th' Mistress is fine 'cos I finished the job." It seemed a bit too hopeful, even to Nic. The guy seemed lost in his thoughts and suddenly grinned. Nic asked, "What is it?" He didn't reply. His face was was even shiftier, and Nic briefly wondered if he was a threat.

"So, what is yer name?" "And I'm pretty sure ye can speak, can't
ye?
" she added, as the man was still looking pretty daydream-y. She snapped, and he seemed to wake up a little.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote        
Taggert blinked a few times to focus back on the conversation. She wanted his name? Alright.

"Th' name's MacTaggert. Teagan MacTagger, though most jus' call me Taggert. And yerself?" Once again, not like Taggert actually cared, he was just making conversation.

"If you've been lookin' for this guy for...how long did you say? Two years?" Taggert whistled through his teeth. "If ye've been lookin' that long, what makes ya think you'll catch him this time around, eh? Unless bein' chucked headlong into a pond gave you a sudden inspiration, o' course." Taggert chuckled at his own joke quietly. Stranger things have given inspiration.

miamia609

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm Nicol... Nic. Nic O'Flynn," Nic replied a little nervously. "Erm, yeh. Two years." She noticed the man whistle, and she looked at her leather boot-clad feet. The leather was totally ruined. Drat. And they had been such good boots. The bloke said something. "Unless bein' chucked headlong into a pond gave you a sudden inspiration, o' course," he laughed.

Nic didn't like the man, but he had showed up in the middle o' nowhere and gave her a coat. True, she kind of owed him, but she remembered her pocketknife in her front pocket, and her hand snaked down to finger it.No-one but an expert Hunter would notice the move, to anyone else it would merely look like she was scratching her thigh. She just hoped 'Taggert' wouldn't notice.