Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
Carpe Diem and I were about to have a debate in a thread of mine about this topic, but I figured to get other opinions in on it too. ^^ So, if you're in high school then who exactly ARE those preps to you? Are they the root of all evil? Are they your friends? Or do you just not care about them? What exactly IS a prep anyway? Have teenagers taken this word and twisted it until the definition no longer fits the person?

To me, a prep is a rich (somtimes) and popular person in a high school. My school is in a good area so most of the preps truly are rich and popular. I used to have a lot against them but we're all people, right? I'm friends with a lot of them quite frankly and really, labels don't come up often in our conversations. Everyone gets along with everyone and that's how it should be.

What's YOUR take on this?

¤Breezy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote        
I see preps as popular, sometimes rich, happy people. I'm in high school and there are a lot of labels. I know everyone should get along, but that will never happen in highschool. xD
Some of them may be mean, because most rich popular people are, but others are nice and they're just preppy.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
One reason why I love my highshool is because it's just WEIRD. My school is so diverse that everyone HAS to get along, and we do. There aren't any fights really at all, and it's not like a constant war between preps and emos or something. Everyone's friends with everyone.

Though that label of a prep is the average one, and I do see it often, I can't agree with it. I know a lot of wickedly cool preps and while some are mean, most that I know are uber nice and sweet. <3

I guess if I were to be labeled it would be nerd. I have straight A's and love shcool. >.>; I'm in two advanced classes, I participate in class discussion (HA! More like teacher-Cara discussion) and the like. I also speak... well, the way I usually speak online; very formally. But it's not like I'm hated by any one group. I'm friends with just about anyone that wants to be.

LadyKai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
i dont like labeling people but

when somone says prep i think

jock/cheerleader/rich/beautiful/bitch

xD typical answer?

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote        
That's what people typically think. I guess my views were changed because of my enviornment.

LadyKai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote        
yeah that happens sometimes xD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote        
I'm sure it's the main influence of one's opinion on people, in fact. :3

LadyKai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote        
haha yeah and most times it is true!
Chi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
I see preps in MY school as bunch of crazy girls. I'm friends with a lot of them and I know most of them. Though, they also fight lots and are usually selfish. There easily not friends with many people after a little while once they get 'tired' of them o3o. That's my school though, or the grade I am in. XD They are also sorta rich in a way. ( I'm sorta rich and you don't see me all preppy up XD )
LadyKai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
wow that sounds horrible xD
Chi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote        
Eh, sorta in a way. They are all pretty nice if they like you though o.x

well I mean if I said "I will give you money if you draw me something" would you think up something to draw?

Chu wrote:
>.>; *draws something*

Happy Chu gets money now?!
LadyKai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
yeah IF they like you most of the time they dont xDD
Chi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote        
That is very true, I know most of them, their okay and when we started to become good friends. BAM they blew me off and such and I'm like "Yeah . . . I'll stick to nerds >D"
They are much better friends then they'll ever be owo
xD

well I mean if I said "I will give you money if you draw me something" would you think up something to draw?

Chu wrote:
>.>; *draws something*

LadyKai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
preps and that arent really friends there just a mere image
Chi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote        
@Adiieu

Apparently.
I know a couple of preps who are actually not that bad.
But . . . The future holds many scary things D<

Chu wrote:
>.>; *draws something*