Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
Sooo... I haven't seen an animal lovers lounge thingy yet, so I thought I'd make one (if there is one already, I sincerely apologise!) If you have pets, want pets or generally like animals, you can talk about it here I guess?

So, what pets do you have/want? What is your favourite animal? Why do you like animals?

...GO!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote        
I love animals!~ Bouncy Heart I live at my parent's house right now, and we have two cats; a big, black domestic short hair named "Onyx" and a runty little tabby mix (I actually think he may be part Egyptian Mau) named "Tiger." I also have a pitbull/rottweiler mix named "Girl." Laugh Despite what people say about these breeds of dog, she's the sweetest thing ever.

I like a lot of animals, but I would have to say my favorite are cats...there's just something about them. Oh Mai Someday, if I ever get my own place, I would love to have a snake and possibly a lizard...I really adore reptiles, but I can't have any here, because my dad's afraid of them. xD;

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote        
Awww, Pitbulls are sweeties, but you don't see them often in the UK cos they're banned Sad I like her name haha, at least Girl isn't forgettable!
I love all animals, but I am a rodent lover mainly, I currently have 4 guinea pigs, Leeroy, Stanley, Marley and Spud (2 boys, 2 girls) and a black and white cat called Boo.
I'd love to keep reptiles, but my husband is scared of them so I will never get to have a snakey Sad

Are you scared of any animals? I find that I am fine with most animals apart from horses and insects, blehhhhh!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote        
-facepalm- I wrote this whole big post last night, and when I went to bed I didn't save it or anything. -_______-'

Anyway...

I currently have 3 pets, 2 dogs and a Cordon Bleu Finch (my very first bird)!

"Teemo" is a Blue Merle Chihuahua, he's about 4-5 years old now I adopted him from a cat rescue back in Florida. He's my little baby, he's so co-dependent on me it's kinda sad. He was abused as a puppy and I'm the only person that's stayed in his life for a long period of time. He has a lot of confidence issues, but we're working on it together. He's clicker trained, knows his basic commands for the most part. I work a full time job so I can't dedicate as much time to his training as I'd like :c

"Coco" is a Chow/Retriever mix. He has the body and personality of a Retriever and the coat of a Chow. He's the sweetest old dog that ever lived. He's 11 years old, fighting a natural fight against cancers, but still acts like a puppy and loves to be given attention. c:

This is my Cordon Bleu Finch, the newest addition to my family. My boyfriend hates him, well.. birds in general. But I've fallen in love. He has such a pretty song it's not funny. I got him for free at the place I work. A lady brought him in, saying her grandmother died and she can't take care of him. So I was given the opportunity to say yes or no, since I had seniority over the coworker that was working with me. Happy So I got an 90$ bird for free, with a cage, millet and a little bit of food. So, naturally, I got him a toy and the best diet

I've also had cats, fish, and I have experience with horses, cows, chickens, pigs, etc... ^.^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote        
Amaris Kale wrote:
Are you scared of any animals? I find that I am fine with most animals apart from horses and insects, blehhhhh!
... Why are you afraid of Horses? They're the most majestic domesticated animal we have. They're amazing friends, therapists, companions, soul mates.... They're extremely intelligent and perceptive. Riding has to be one of the most amazing experiences, being "one" with the horse, having such a strong and majestic creature ALLOWING you to be on it's back...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Nikki wrote:
Amaris Kale wrote:
... Why are you afraid of Horses? They're the most majestic domesticated animal we have. They're amazing friends, therapists, companions, soul mates.... They're extremely intelligent and perceptive. Riding has to be one of the most amazing experiences, being "one" with the horse, having such a strong and majestic creature ALLOWING you to be on it's back...

Why are people afraid of anything? I didn't say they weren't majestic, nor did I say they were stupid - I was brought up around them, I used to ride. But they're also quite a bit bigger than me, and I've been kicked in the stomach by one before and I never really got over it. They know I'm scared of them, I try not to be, but I can't help it they terrify me, and they play to it. I feel the same about dogs as you do with horses, I don't understand how people are scared of them if you bring them up right, but people are, people are scared of the funniest things Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote        
I guess not everyone can be like me I guess. XD I've been attacked, bit, scratched, kicked by a lot of everything and I'm not scared of any animals. >w> None I've encountered in my life time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 am Reply with quote        
Ahuahuahua. I felt awesome at work yesterday (I work at a Pet store). My assistant manager called me over to feed the snakes, so, I did. Went back to what I was doing. About 20 minutes later she comes to me, "Hey, M? Can you move the snake back into his tank. When I tried he was ready to bite me."

Kay. No problem. Sweat
Get there, reach my hand in, no problem. Put him back into his tank without incident. Hai My assistant manager then commented on how she wish she had the balls to do that. XD I was all " Weeeee WHOO ME. FEELIN USEFULL WHOO" in my head, of course. I think my ego was slightly inflated :'c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote        
Haha I like that - snakes, anything like that - I'm fine, not scared of any animals really, other than horses Sad Prolly because they're bigger than me Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
... A lot of things are bigger than me. Duh I'm only 4'11"....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
At home I've got two dogs, a duck, and a handful of kitties. With me at my college apartment I just have a budgie named Pigwidgeon Smile

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote        
Nikki wrote:
... A lot of things are bigger than me. Duh I'm only 4'11"....

Haha I'm only 2 inches taller!

Weird thing is, I've grown up with horses, it's a silly thing for me to be scared of!

I used to have ducks! They were the BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote        
I've never befriended a duck before o3o They'd always run away from me T_T

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
Ducks are adorable! I used to have two, but sadly one of them died recently, and the other is very upset. The poor thing wanders around squawking and chasing the dogs, and she's stopped grooming herself and going in her "pond" (kiddie pool in the yard), so she's all dirty and stuff. I'm trying to convince my parents to get another baby duck for her to socialize with, but I don't think they're gonna do it.

But they're so cute + w+

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
Aw, poor ducky! Sad I wish I lived somewhere that I could own a duck; they are really cute. I once was on my way to work and looked out the train window to see a duck bathing in somebody's swimming pool in their back yard...that brightened my whole day. xD